X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Wasnt beck oc at msu before us?
    Yes, for 1 year in 2014. They went undefeated until losing in the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
      My guess is he doubled his salary. That would be hard to pass up.
      Yes probably correct. Former OC at Northern Illinois made around $175,000 last year. Eidsness was at $93,000 this year.

Comment

Wasnt beck oc at msu before us? Or we bring meadows back and just shift our tight end to the strong side and run up the middle. Actually with our running backs that would probably work pretty well. I dont know what they will do but having to relapse a coach in the situation we should have plenty of good options. Sorta surprised EE left since he might be the front runner to replace when stig is ready to step down. Guess doesn't mean he couldn't also getting more experience else where.
        There is a line of thinking that a coach should have experience in other systems before getting a HC position.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Agreed, although if it is Eck I don't see that being a problem.
          Ditto.

Comment

EE will be missed, save for the occasional head scratcher he was a brilliant playcaller.

As far as replacement, I could see Eck moving up, Lujan sliding to QBs and either he or Schluesner becoming a passing game coordinator. I could also see Zach going to the press box and Eck staying on the sideline.

Comment

Wasnt beck oc at msu before us? Or we bring meadows back and just shift our tight end to the strong side and run up the middle. Actually with our running backs that would probably work pretty well. I dont know what they will do but having to relapse a coach in the situation we should have plenty of good options. Sorta surprised EE left since he might be the front runner to replace when stig is ready to step down. Guess doesn't mean he couldn't also getting more experience else where.
              I think the book is closed on hiring Meadows back. He has been hired as offensive coordinator at Kansas. Not a great program in terms of winning, but most likely good paying.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I think the book is closed on hiring Meadows back. He has been hired as offensive coordinator at Kansas. Not a great program in terms of winning, but most likely good paying.
                The Jayhawk Football site lists Luke Meadows as Assistant Coach - Offensive Line.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  The Jayhawk Football site lists Luke Meadows as Assistant Coach - Offensive Line.
                  Yes I got that wrong. Thank You Roy. I am thinking he is out of reach in terms of salary:

Comment

I would hope there would be plenty of outside interest in this. New blood and fresh ideas are not always a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      I would hope there would be plenty of outside interest in this. New blood and fresh ideas are not always a bad thing.
                      In the recent past, the Stig has a bunch of resumes to pick from. There are always candidates wanting to move up. Everyone wants to be a coach

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                        Yes I got that wrong. Thank You Roy. I am thinking he is out of reach in terms of salary:

I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          The OC will be a hire within. Stig stated this to Matt Zimmer in an Argus article.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            The OC will be a hire within. Stig stated this to Matt Zimmer in an Argus article.
                            There will be a vacancy by promotion from Within which will have many applications. With recent success, lots of takers.

Comment

Count me as all in on Eck. And even if he doesn't retain o line coaching duties, I think we'll be fine. He's made a huge difference in the o line since he's been here, and I think any hire that he'd be a part of would reflect his style for the o line.

And count me out as to Meadows. Our offenses were much more productive and dynamic after EE took over full time.

I'm also open to an outside hire, but I think that seems unlikely given the record of Eck and the need to keep the rest of the "system" in place.

Comment

Is Josh Davis ready to come back? He is OC at Northwestern in Orange City right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X