Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Eric Eidsness is heading to NIU to be their OC.

Tweet is from @HuskieUnleashed which I'm unable to link to at the moment.

Interesting...

Re: Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Eric Eidsness is heading to NIU to be their OC.

Tweet is from @HuskieUnleashed which I'm unable to link to at the moment.

Interesting...
    Cappin should be happy. Maybe we won't see any more swing passes.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      I think the swing pass predates EE.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Comment

Does Coach Eck move up to OC?

Comment

My biggest concern is if we switch to someone more conservative.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              I think the swing pass predates EE.
              Yep, pretty sure Meadows used it quite a bit as well.

Comment

Until we name the replacement, I won't know how to feel about this.

Eidsness was actually a good-to-very-good offensive coordinator despite the occasional moans from the fans (I'm guilty as well). The guy was damn near great at adapting the offense around the talent he had on the field as well as being creative with his play design. His playing calling was also better than he gets credit for even though he'd throw in some head scratchers and ineffective game plans here and there.

Right now I'm going with: Not easy to replace, but able to be replaced.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Does Coach Eck move up to OC?
                  Zimmer mentioned Eck or Schleusner as possible replacements. I'm on board with Eck, although I do like him coaching the OL. He would presumably still have some influence there and assist whoever would replace him as OL coach. To me Eck is the most logical replacement, as he is already the "run game coordinator".

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    My biggest concern is if we switch to someone more conservative.
                    Agreed, although if it is Eck I don't see that being a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Agreed, although if it is Eck I don't see that being a problem.
                      Wasnt beck oc at msu before us? Or we bring meadows back and just shift our tight end to the strong side and run up the middle. Actually with our running backs that would probably work pretty well. I dont know what they will do but having to relapse a coach in the situation we should have plenty of good options. Sorta surprised EE left since he might be the front runner to replace when stig is ready to step down. Guess doesn't mean he couldn't also getting more experience else where.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                        Wasnt beck oc at msu before us? Or we bring meadows back and just shift our tight end to the strong side and run up the middle. Actually with our running backs that would probably work pretty well. I dont know what they will do but having to relapse a coach in the situation we should have plenty of good options. Sorta surprised EE left since he might be the front runner to replace when stig is ready to step down. Guess doesn't mean he couldn't also getting more experience else where.
                        Eck certainly has the resume to be the next OC.
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          My guess is he doubled his salary. That would be hard to pass up.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                            My guess is he doubled his salary. That would be hard to pass up.
                            Stig also recently signed a 5 year extension. Eidsness leaving now doesn't mean he can't come back in a few years again to try for HC.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              Zimmer mentioned Eck or Schleusner as possible replacements. I'm on board with Eck, although I do like him coaching the OL. He would presumably still have some influence there and assist whoever would replace him as OL coach. To me Eck is the most logical replacement, as he is already the "run game coordinator".
                              Pretty sure Eck would stay as O-line coach as well. They would be most likely looking for a QB coach or you could move Lujan over and hire a RB coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X