Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Eck has done a great job for the Jacks. I hope he gets promoted to O coordinator soon. Promising coaches should be lining up for the other open slot on the offensive staff. Some fresh perspective could be good. Ultimately, things are likely to shake out quite well for SDSU.
    This space for lease.

Comment

IF Eck were to follow Eidsness then we damn sure should be able to get a hell of a coach to replace them. Offensively we have to be one of the most attractive FCS coaching spots in the nation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If Eck's goal is to be a head coach, it would seem to me that it would be a quicker path to take the coordinator position here if it is offered. He would then be a strong candidate for the head coach job here when Stig decides that it is time to go. It could be that his goal is to be an O line coach at the highest level possible, with maybe being a coordinator farther down the road. Then moving to FBS might make more sense, again if that becomes a possibility. Would an FCS coordinator salary be similar to an FBS position coach ?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          IF Eck were to follow Eidsness then we damn sure should be able to get a hell of a coach to replace them. Offensively we have to be one of the most attractive FCS coaching spots in the nation.

Assuming we want Eck, I would hope we can entice him to stay. It would be different if Eidsness was going to a head coaching gig and wanted Eck to come along as his OC, but Eck would still be the OL coach and run game coordinator at most. I would assume the pay for an FCS OC/OL coach and an FBS OL coach/run game coordinator wouldn't be that far off. We are going to start to have to pay good money for coaches if we want sustained success.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Assuming we want Eck, I would hope we can entice him to stay. It would be different if Eidsness was going to a head coaching gig and wanted Eck to come along as his OC, but Eck would still be the OL coach and run game coordinator at most. I would assume the pay for an FCS OC/OL coach and an FBS OL coach/run game coordinator wouldn't be that far off. We are going to start to have to pay good money for coaches if we want sustained success.
            Eidsness salary as OC at SDSU was around $93,000.
            Tripoli, NIU OLine/Run cooordinator made around $103,000 (had been there 9 years).

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Eidsness salary as OC at SDSU was around $93,000.
              Tripoli, NIU OLine/Run cooordinator made around $103,000 (had been there 9 years).
              I was trying to find the website for the current salaries but did not find anything reliable. I would be curious to know what we are currently paying Coach Eck, and if it is below 103k then we might have a worry here.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I was trying to find the website for the current salaries but did not find anything reliable. I would be curious to know what we are currently paying Coach Eck, and if it is below 103k then we might have a worry here.
                Use this:https://open.sd.gov/employees.aspx

Eck current salary is $80,000 and more than likely would go up with promotion to OC. No state income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  according to the state salary database, Eck makes $80,000 annually.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    Use this:https://open.sd.gov/employees.aspx

Eck current salary is $80,000 and more than likely would go up with promotion to OC. No state income tax.
                    Thank you UWM 2002jack. This was the link I could not find.

Comment

http://footballscoop.com/news/new-fb...e-coordinator/

interesting snippet on how Eidsness was looked at for OC at NIU.

Comment

When you look at his track record and the numbers his teams have put up, along with developing some very elite athletes on that side of the ball, we really have been blessed with his service since arriving from SWMS. Congrats coach on getting recognized and rewarded for what you've done!

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          When you look at his track record and the numbers his teams have put up, along with developing some very elite athletes on that side of the ball, we really have been blessed with his service since arriving from SWMS. Congrats coach on getting recognized and rewarded for what you've done!
                          He was here before he went to swms.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

In a related note, NIU has hired Daryl Agpalsa as their offensive line coach.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              In a related note, NIU has hired Daryl Agpalsa as their offensive line coach.
                              That is good news.

Comment

Any concern that EE poaches any of our recruits from that area to go play for him?

Comment

Working...
                                X