Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Eidsness Heading to Northern Illinois

Per Zim's chat, he says that Eck will be the OC, which is what most people thought would happen. I'm optimistic about what he'll bring to the table. If I had to guess, with him being a OL coach, us having an amazing stable of RBs, and a brand new QB at the helm... I think we'll be a VERY run heavy team this year, which I'm alright with. Since Zenner left, we have passed to open up the run. I think this year we'll go back to running to open up the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Per Zim's chat, he says that Eck will be the OC, which is what most people thought would happen. I'm optimistic about what he'll bring to the table. If I had to guess, with him being a OL coach, us having an amazing stable of RBs, and a brand new QB at the helm... I think we'll be a VERY run heavy team this year, which I'm alright with. Since Zenner left, we have passed to open up the run. I think this year we'll go back to running to open up the pass.
      I like it. Run the damn ball.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I’m all for run to open the pass but it isn’t like we abandoned the run last season. I believe they almost had 3000 yards and rushed for more yards in like 60 some years.

Comment

I like a team that can play the hot hand and run or pass but hopefully good at both. Looking forward to what eck does. Wonder how many swing passes he is going to call.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I’m all for run to open the pass but it isn’t like we abandoned the run last season. I believe they almost had 3000 yards and rushed for more yards in like 60 some years.
            We definitely didn't abandon the run, but that yard total is due to a ridiculous 6.4 yards per attempt. A big reason for that success in the run game was a really good passing game that teams had to respect. Unless one of the QBs steps up and shines right away, things are going to look different.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              I like a team that can play the hot hand and run or pass but hopefully good at both. Looking forward to what eck does. Wonder how many swing passes he is going to call.
              Lol, it would be funny if Eidsness leaving only increased the number of ill advised swing passes. Although I don't think it's possible to use it as much as Eidsness did.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Wonder how many swing passes he is going to call.
                I'm hoping to see the return of our wildcat package.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution Prime View Post
                  I'm hoping to see the return of our wildcat package.
                  I'd like to see us utilize swing passes out of the wildcat.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I'd like to see us utilize swing passes out of the wildcat.
                    Only if we shift our te and fullback to the strong side first.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                    X