No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

I
    Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    UND's Klabo lives up to everything said about her. But looking at the UND team, hard to imagine any of the other UND starters getting a lot of playing time on our squad. I suppose that remark sounds a little unkind but at least in this game, there's a HUGE talent gap when comparing SDSU to UND (with Klabo being a significant exception).
    UND seems always to have a Klabo on their roster. Seems like Roebock back in the NCC day had at least one Klabo on his roster back when they were winning National Championships right and left.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Shouldn't UND have gotten a technical foul for leaving a fouled-out player in the game? When SDSU played the ball in bounds, the fouled-out player hadn't left the game and she didn't appear to be in any hurry to leave. The refs somehow excused her, apparently. The clock stopped after a couple of seconds, and she was told to leave the game. Weird. Home cooking?
      Anybody know the rule? I don’t recall any coach leaving someone in with five fouls. They usually know themselves where they stand in terms of fouls. Unless the player refused to leave to the game, I think no technical would be called. Most of the time it is an honest mistake. Play on!
      Last edited by Nidaros; 01-19-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

Shouldn't UND have gotten a technical foul for leaving a fouled-out player in the game? When SDSU played the ball in bounds, the fouled-out player hadn't left the game and she didn't appear to be in any hurry to leave. The refs somehow excused her, apparently. The clock stopped after a couple of seconds, and she was told to leave the game. Weird. Home cooking?
        I think that's more of an issue with the scorer's table and the officials rather than the player.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          I think that's more of an issue with the scorer's table and the officials rather than the player.
          After posting I to thinking about The scorer table, they usually hold the game until player sits down. When the home team is down 20 points does it matter the scorer table? It should not! They are there so insure rules are followed.

Comment

Great start by the Jacks. 29 points in the first quarter. They lost their killer instinct after that, but still a good road win.
            They didn't lose their "killer instinct." UND finally decided that they wanted to play basketball.

It is strange how the roles have reversed since the move up. UND was the powerhouse program and SDSU was just starting their upswing at the end of the D2 era. Hopefully Coach Brewster gets the program rolling again and the Summit has another quality WBB team.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              After posting I to thinking about The scorer table, they usually hold the game until player sits down. When the home team is down 20 points does it matter the scorer table? It should not! They are there so insure rules are followed.
              A flashback to the Barn. How many recall the one person at score’s table having five ping-pong paddles in front of him. When a player committed a foul, the person with paddles held up the corresponding numbers. If it was the third foul, the number 3 paddle was held up so coaches from both sides could clearly see. Of course there was reaction from crowd too. I wonder what ever happened to those paddles. They would be neat collection from the past. It also makes this fan appreciate all the LED displays that are currently in use.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I kinda thought so too. The bench isn’t the official score book. Maybe they thought she had 4.

Comment

Go to youtube sdsu athletics for postgame interviews of Sydney Palmer and AJ with Brad.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    I kinda thought so too. The bench isn’t the official score book. Maybe they thought she had 4.
                    I think the confusion from the scorer’s table is UND subbed somebody out at the same time as the 5th foul. So the scorer’s table probably thought they were subbing in for the fouled out player. Once they realized they sounded the buzzer and got everyone on the same page. There was no intention from UND.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                      I think the confusion from the scorer’s table is UND subbed somebody out at the same time as the 5th foul. So the scorer’s table probably thought they were subbing in for the fouled out player. Once they realized they sounded the buzzer and got everyone on the same page. There was no intention from UND.
                      This sounds reasonable. A technical at this point would really be out of line. These guys at the scorer table are volunteers and certainly can make mistakes. I recall a game where Jay Larson got yelled at by a coach which was way out of line.

Comment

A flashback to the Barn. How many recall the one person at score’s table having five ping-pong paddles in front of him. When a player committed a foul, the person with paddles held up the corresponding numbers. If it was the third foul, the number 3 paddle was held up so coaches from both sides could clearly see. Of course there was reaction from crowd too. I wonder what ever happened to those paddles. They would be neat collection from the past. It also makes this fan appreciate all the LED displays that are currently in use.
                        Well, this just gave me a great idea as a student! Do you think I can fine yellow and blue ping-pong paddles?
                        Rollin' in my 5.0
                        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                          Well, this just gave me a great idea as a student! Do you think I can fine yellow and blue ping-pong paddles?
                          The ones used in the 1950-60’s era where white background and red numerals. Apparently, they did not believe in being a homer, but times have changed. No one tailgated back then either. Really dull. Good idea though.

Comment

This sounds reasonable. A technical at this point would really be out of line. These guys at the scorer table are volunteers and certainly can make mistakes. I recall a game where Jay Larson got yelled at by a coach which was way out of line.
                            I blame UND, not the scorer table. UND subbed someone in, but they subbed in for the wrong player. Then the game resumed, and the ineligible woman started playing defense. SDSU had the ball at the time. I don't recall if the refs put a couple of seconds back on the clock after that. If they didn't, they should have. With all the assistant coaches that teams have these days, you'd think someone on the bench would have known the situation immediately. There was little doubt who the foul was on. I'll shut up now.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

The ones used in the 1950-60’s era where white background and red numerals. Apparently, they did not believe in being a homer, but times have changed. No one tailgated back then either. Really dull. Good idea though.
                              I'll gladly do other things to bring back ideas from The Barn. I'm really jealous I never got to watch a game in there or could even see how it used to look (obviously wasn't alive then.) It's such a cool part of SDSU history that most people forget about, and I wish there was a way to bring it back. If there are any other things from The Barn or old ways the game was played or announced that could be brought to a modern Frost game, let me know. I'm also willing to hear people's experiences from games in there or other SDSU stories if you are willing to share. I truly am interested in such things. (I love this school!)
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Can somebody tell me why SDSU seems to not go for a 2 for 1 when they should? SDSU got the ball back with 1:02 left in the first half and they held the ball at midcourt until there was :36 left. Why don't they shoot it with around :40+ left so they have time to get another shot. I think this is at least their third or fourth game when they did this.
                                Against USD, they could of had 2 for 1 in overtime, but they held the ball so even if they scored USD would have the last shot to win the game.
                                SDSU's bench minus Payton s 0-9 in about 65 minutes. I keep waiting for either RCJ or Theunick to start shooting better but I have not seen it, yet.
                                Last edited by 91jack; 01-23-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X