GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

The Jackrabbit WBB should have had a warm night in Grand Forks last night in prep for tonight's matchup. The Fighting Hawks are 8-10 overall and 3-2 in The Summit. They have lost to WIU at home & at Denver. They shoot 40% fg & 27% from 3 pt. 6'2" Lexi Klabo is the center of attention for this group. She is like a Sydney Palmer on steroids. She averages 19.2 pts and and 8.4 boards. She recently tied the UND record for free throws made. She is leading the NCAA in made free throws as she makes at the 87% clip. There will be plenty of players off the bench as currently 10 players average 10+ minutes. The loss to WIU included 60 2nd half points by the Leathernecks. The Leathernecks made 52 points in the paint that game. UND was not ready for the offensive assault by the Leathernecks. It would not surprise me if the Jackrabbits might attempt some of that quick transition game tonight. The Fighting Hawks have plenty of experience and size to put on the floor, but the defense and quickness of the Jackrabbits may swing the game for SDSU. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs UND Fighting Hawks @ Betty Engelstad Sioux Center

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Jackrabbit WBB should have had a warm night in Grand Forks last night in prep for tonight's matchup. The Fighting Hawks are 8-10 overall and 3-2 in The Summit. They have lost to WIU at home & at Denver. They shoot 40% fg & 27% from 3 pt. 6'2" Lexi Klabo is the center of attention for this group. She is like a Sydney Palmer on steroids. She averages 19.2 pts and and 8.4 boards. She recently tied the UND record for free throws made. She is leading the NCAA in made free throws as she makes at the 87% clip. There will be plenty of players off the bench as currently 10 players average 10+ minutes. The loss to WIU included 60 2nd half points by the Leathernecks. The Leathernecks made 52 points in the paint that game. UND was not ready for the offensive assault by the Leathernecks. It would not surprise me if the Jackrabbits might attempt some of that quick transition game tonight. The Fighting Hawks have plenty of experience and size to put on the floor, but the defense and quickness of the Jackrabbits may swing the game for SDSU. Go Jacks!!

Midco/ESPN+
    I kept looking on Midco for repeat of the SDSU games and each time it was UND vs WIU. I wish now I had left my remote under the couch where it usually ends up. Your description of the game, makes it very interesting. WIU struggled against SDSU and I am surprised WIU did so well from the paint. Does this mean SDSU will do the same? Going to be watching on ESPN3

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
      I kept looking on Midco for repeat of the SDSU games and each time it was UND vs WIU. I wish now I had left my remote under the couch where it usually ends up. Your description of the game, makes it very interesting. WIU struggled against SDSU and I am surprised WIU did so well from the paint. Does this mean SDSU will do the same? Going to be watching on ESPN3
      WIU basically ran the ball the length of the court for layups in the 2nd half. There was not quick retreat by UND. WIU likes faster pace.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

WIU has points in the paint from layups. They either did it in transition or spread UND out in the half-court and basically just blew by them. UND has good size, but lacks athleticism on the perimeter. Similar game plan should be in effect for us. We’ll see what changes Brewster has made. Maybe he’ll actually play some zone if they can’t keep us in front of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          WIU has points in the paint from layups. They either did it in transition or spread UND out in the half-court and basically just blew by them. UND has good size, but lacks athleticism on the perimeter. Similar game plan should be in effect for us. We’ll see what changes Brewster has made. Maybe he’ll actually play some zone if they can’t keep us in front of them.
          Brewster was a former SDSU assistant I believe, so this should be a very interesting game.

Comment

Irwin starts 4-5. That is a positive sign. Selland with 2 quick fouls should keep her fresh for second half.

Comment

9 TO by UND as Jackrabbits spurt to 29-6 lead.

Comment

Now THIS is the team that hung with Baylor and Oregon! Six points allowed in a quarter. UND looks completely shell-shocked.

Comment

UND's Klabo lives up to everything said about her. But looking at the UND team, hard to imagine any of the other UND starters getting a lot of playing time on our squad. I suppose that remark sounds a little unkind but at least in this game, there's a HUGE talent gap when comparing SDSU to UND (with Klabo being a significant exception).

Comment

Should be giving Emmy award nominations for some of the flops out there tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Should be giving Emmy award nominations for some of the flops out there tonight.
                      Officials just really screwed with the pace of play in this game. No flow for either team. Our girls actually need to learn how to flopat least occasionally. Klabo was just clearing space and getting away with it up until Myah took one late in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        Officials just really screwed with the pace of play in this game. No flow for either team. Our girls actually need to learn how to flopat least occasionally. Klabo was just clearing space and getting away with it up until Myah took one late in the game.
                        I thought the same thing. Our teams are the only ones who aren't going for flops. In unds defense they were at least closer to player control fouls and und took advantage of it. It wasnt as bad and blatant as the Memphis game.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          "Best actress in a supporting role" category.Oscar's got a scowl on his face.

Comment

Shouldn't UND have gotten a technical foul for leaving a fouled-out player in the game? When SDSU played the ball in bounds, the fouled-out player hadn't left the game and she didn't appear to be in any hurry to leave. The refs somehow excused her, apparently. The clock stopped after a couple of seconds, and she was told to leave the game. Weird. Home cooking?
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Great start by the Jacks. 29 points in the first quarter. They lost their killer instinct after that, but still a good road win.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X