GDT: Jackrabbits vs the Fighting Hawks @ Betty's Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs the Fighting Hawks @ Betty's Place

Get back up by 8 and then play no defense for two possessions and it's back to 3.

Comment

Never easy on the road. My goodness.

Comment

Ain't no such thing as a bad road win in conference!!!

Comment

I'm just not going to watch any Jackrabbit games. It never goes particularly well. I'm a jinx. The cosmos somehow knows. But a win is a win, I guess.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I don’t understand TJ’s substitution patterns at all. Not surprised UND closed late in the game when you only go one deep on the bench. Tired legs start leaving shots short, not closing out in D, etc. I put this on coach for not having developed players on the bench he can trust at this point in the season.

Comment

Whew! That’s life on the road. As I heard Zimmerman say on the radio this week, “every road win is a big deal in conference play”. We now have three with four more to go.

I don’t think we’ve been in the position of protecting a slim lead down the stretch like that for a long time. It’s probably good they had to work through it. You want that kind of high pressure experience in your pocket going into Sioux Falls.

Comment

Any win on the road is big. I dont care who it is. We are 3-1 on the road so far. Works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Little to homerish for me.
                  I was okay with the little bit of homerism because he brought the same kind of energy to the Jacks play. I think he does a lot of hockey, and that lends itself to a pretty high energy play by play
                  -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                    Anyone know how tall UND's coach Brian Jones is?
                    He is a big one, and his bio does not say what his height is. It does say that he has been at UND for 13 years and spent his prior six as an assistant for Steve Alford at U of Iowa. He played his basketball at UNI. I guess him at 6'7or 6'8. I think he has done a good job at UND.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      I was okay with the little bit of homerism because he brought the same kind of energy to the Jacks play. I think he does a lot of hockey, and that lends itself to a pretty high energy play by play
                      Alex Heinert is originally from SD and is married to Dr. Aamlid’s (big SDSU supporter) daughter. The Aamlid’s were SDSU Family of the Year a few years ago. I consider Heinert the Gus Johnson of Midco Sports. He brings the excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Alex Heinert is originally from SD and is married to Dr. Aamlid’s (big SDSU supporter) daughter. The Aamlid’s were SDSU Family of the Year a few years ago. I consider Heinert the Gus Johnson of Midco Sports. He brings the excitement.
                        It's neither here, nor there...but didn't former Jackrabbit Staci Oistad marry an Aamlid as well? I would assume the same Aamlid family.
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          It's neither here, nor there...but didn't former Jackrabbit Staci Oistad marry an Aamlid as well? I would assume the same Aamlid family.
                          Yes and the youngest Aamlid daughter married former punter Ethan Sawyer. Another son married former women BBall player Leah Dietel.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Daum posterized UNDs skinny big guy big time.
                            That was a phenomomal dunk. That needs to get posted to YouTube. Daum was a little off from the 3-point line, but other than that was offensively damn near perfect. His defense was soft today as I think he got told to avoid foul trouble.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              That was a phenomomal dunk. That needs to get posted to YouTube. Daum was a little off from the 3-point line, but other than that was offensively damn near perfect. His defense was soft today as I think he got told to avoid foul trouble.
                              Here's a tweet with a so-so video angle. Would love the broadcast angle.

Tweet
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Yes and the youngest Aamlid daughter married former punter Ethan Sawyer. Another son married former women BBall player Leah Dietel.
                                Wasn't there an Aamlid who briefly played for the Jacks women and had to give up playing due to injury ?

Comment

Working...
                                X