2018/19 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018/19 season

I think many fans are disappointed in the way this season is going...regardless it's not all gloom and doom. It was likely going to be a down year anyhow. The team lost 2 AA's and a stud in Rotert. Seth has been injured and both Pohlmeyer and Mueller have moved up a weight. Lots of youth and a change in philosophy. Don't worry, don't give up...this team will be back. I predict in 3 years they'll be consistently ranked in the top 10 both team wise and GPA wise and will be getting 4+ guys attaining AA status yearly.#stayjacked

Re: 2018/19 season

I would agree with everything you said. Lets get behind them and stay behind them. See everyone at the auction at the 9. That's one way of ensuring we keep progressing forward.

Comment

this post is to piggy back onto the thread drift from the "Seth Gross" thread...Anyone that wants to question whether or not Coach Hahn was the right hire and can get it done...please go look at what Cornell did in his time there as an assistant. From individual champions to AA's to success after college both on and off the mat...he had his hand in it. For crying out loud Kyle Dake is arguably one of the best wrestlers on the planet and Hahn was highly instrumental in his success. Trust me that Jacks are going to be a force nationally in this sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
        this post is to piggy back onto the thread drift from the "Seth Gross" thread...Anyone that wants to question whether or not Coach Hahn was the right hire and can get it done...please go look at what Cornell did in his time there as an assistant. From individual champions to AA's to success after college both on and off the mat...he had his hand in it. For crying out loud Kyle Dake is arguably one of the best wrestlers on the planet and Hahn was highly instrumental in his success. Trust me that Jacks are going to be a force nationally in this sport.
        THIS!

Comment

I kind of feel like I started this mess with some questioning Coach Hahn when I posted about our shutout by Pitt. I didn't intend any criticism of Hahn because the truth is (and it's been pointed out by you and others) this team was going to be down from last year regardless who the coach was. We lost a ton from last year. Couple that with the fact that Gross has been out all year, Mueller was hurt early and is having trouble finding his rhythm and it's not hard to see why this team is struggling some.

That being said, we should have never been shutout by Pitt. I suspect Hahn is dealing with that quietly as mentioned. Bono would have been a little more out in the open about it. Neither approach is wrong IMO.

I agree Hahn is a great hire, he just needs some time to build us back up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            I kind of feel like I started this mess with some questioning Coach Hahn when I posted about our shutout by Pitt. I didn't intend any criticism of Hahn because the truth is (and it's been pointed out by you and others) this team was going to be down from last year regardless who the coach was. We lost a ton from last year. Couple that with the fact that Gross has been out all year, Mueller was hurt early and is having trouble finding his rhythm and it's not hard to see why this team is struggling some.

That being said, we should have never been shutout by Pitt. I suspect Hahn is dealing with that quietly as mentioned. Bono would have been a little more out in the open about it. Neither approach is wrong IMO.

I agree Hahn is a great hire, he just needs some time to build us back up.
            Nah we got some thin skins on this board. I dont think much of the results Hahn has so far, but he has 5 years to prove himself I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Nah we got some thin skins on this board. I dont think much of the results Hahn has so far, but he has 5 years to prove himself I would think.
              The thing is any coach on the planet would have struggled this year with our roster (and it's amplified by the injury to Gross). Hahn can't do anything about the hand he was dealt this year.

Comment

Thin skin huh? Well judging by your private l comment to me you must be discussing yourself Nidaros...

regarding your opinion of the current results, feel free to make an appointment with Coach Hahn or AD Sell, I’m sure they will listen patiently to your dribble.

I’m just not going to sit by and let you dig on the guy or question his heart/compassion/passion, especially when it has no basis. 4 years from now IF Jacks wrestling hasn’t had as successful a season as they had in 2017/18 I’ll issue a public apology to you Nidaros and crown you the king of right. Until then let him coach or come to the table with fact.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  The thing is any coach on the planet would have struggled this year with our roster (and it's amplified by the injury to Gross). Hahn can't do anything about the hand he was dealt this year.
                  Being disappointed and giving up are two different things. Bono did take a good wrestler with him, Brown. Reading the Official Wisconsin Wrestling website, Brown is winning matches at Wisconsin. BTW Bono is 6-3 to date in duals. I did some research this afternoon.

Comment

Being disappointed and giving up are two different things. Bono did take a good wrestler with him, Brown. Reading the Official Wisconsin Wrestling website, Brown is winning matches at Wisconsin. BTW Bono is 6-3 to date in duals. I did some research this afternoon.
                    ok, what duals do you think Bono would have won for SDSU that they have lost this year?

Comment

ok, what duals do you think Bono would have won for SDSU that they have lost this year?
                      Bono is not at SDSU anymore in case you did not know.

Comment

Thin skin huh? Well judging by your private l comment to me you must be discussing yourself Nidaros...

regarding your opinion of the current results, feel free to make an appointment with Coach Hahn or AD Sell, I’m sure they will listen patiently to your dribble.

I’m just not going to sit by and let you dig on the guy or question his heart/compassion/passion, especially when it has no basis. 4 years from now IF Jacks wrestling hasn’t had as successful a season as they had in 2017/18 I’ll issue a public apology to you Nidaros and crown you the king of right. Until then let him coach or come to the table with fact.
                        Why are you so defensive of the wrestling program? They are not having a good year that is a given, but I just dont see the spit and fire that the coaching staff had last year. Just an observation and can you take it for that? Or do I get crucified some more for expressing my opinion. Athletes giving up only happens in USD football, and their fan board went nuts last fall when it happens somewhere in the season. I not trying to tear this program apart but when an institution is paying nearly $40k for full cost of attendance, I do get concerned about attitudes of athletes. They best be pulling their weight.

Comment

Why are you so defensive of the wrestling program? They are not having a good year that is a given, but I just dont see the spit and fire that the coaching staff had last year. Just an observation and can you take it for that? Or do I get crucified some more for expressing my opinion. Athletes giving up only happens in USD football, and their fan board went nuts last fall when it happens somewhere in the season. I not trying to tear this program apart but when an institution is paying nearly $40k for full cost of attendance, I do get concerned about attitudes of athletes. They best be pulling their weight.
                          Quick question: have you seen a SDSU dual in person or online this year?

Comment

I watch online all the time and don’t think I’ve caught a glimpse of Hahn yet. I could only guess at how “passionate” he is, but I’m sure not worried about it at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              I watch online all the time and don’t think I’ve caught a glimpse of Hahn yet. I could only guess at how “passionate” he is, but I’m sure not worried about it at this point.
                              Hahn is a 180 from Bono as far as your eyes will tell you from watching him at a match. I don't question his passion some coaches just do things differently.

Comment

Working...
                              X