Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seth Gross

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    In this case my statement was to be taken at face value. (Haven't seen enough of coach to have an idea of what he'd do if HE feels someone wasn't giving 100% when it counts) I was not making any claim that it was, is, or will be handled incorrectly(perhaps even at all). It was more an observation of how things were. I was not the only one who saw things that way. The optics of it weren't great is all.

The coaches know infinitely more about the wrestlers than I do. I know how it looked and that's all. My comments were based on that alone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    That clears it up!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
      In this case my statement was to be taken at face value. (Haven't seen enough of coach to have an idea of what he'd do if HE feels someone wasn't giving 100% when it counts) I was not making any claim that it was, is, or will be handled incorrectly(perhaps even at all). It was more an observation of how things were. I was not the only one who saw things that way. The optics of it weren't great is all.

The coaches know infinitely more about the wrestlers than I do. I know how it looked and that's all. My comments were based on that alone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Slosho, are you talking about Mueller? I watched the highlights on You Tube last night and he was walking off the mat before the horn sounded. I'm with you, it was a bad look.

Taking this a step further, Marty has really struggled this year. I know he was hurt early, but he still isn't wrestling to what I'd consider his capabilities. Anyone know if he's still battling injury? Did the move from 184 to 197 hurt him?

I'm sure Marty is frustrated with his season. I'm sure he had high expectations after last year and so far he's struggled.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Slosho, are you talking about Mueller? I watched the highlights on You Tube last night and he was walking off the mat before the horn sounded. I'm with you, it was a bad look.Taking this a step further, Marty has really struggled this year. I know he was hurt early, but he still isn't wrestling to what I'd consider his capabilities. Anyone know if he's still battling injury? Did the move from 184 to 197 hurt him?I'm sure Marty is frustrated with his season. I'm sure he had high expectations after last year and so far he's struggled.
        lots of thread drift here, perhaps another thread should be started.Regarding Mueller, he certainly has the frame to carry that weight...I heard he had a difficult time maintaining 184. He carries a lot of muscle and is pretty much 6' tall. I've heard Martin can be his own worst enemy. hopefully that changes, he is a good kid. Yesterdays showing though did not go over well with fans.

Comment

*rumor without specific source regarding departure of SDSU athlete deleted*
          Last edited by filbert; 01-15-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

This is still in effect:

If you feel the urge to spread rumors about players (in any sport) leaving SDSU, CITING YOUR SOURCE IS NOW REQUIRED.

Acceptable sources are: Printed or broadcast news media (or web sites of printed or broadcast news media), coaches, and players on the team, or other person, BY NAME. No other sources will be acceptable on this board. Some unnamed person you talked to in the Union, in HPER, or anywhere else is not an acceptable source. Other Internet boards and blogs are not acceptable sources.

Failure to cite your source will result in the post and/or the thread being pulled and, quite possibly, depending on how the Moderator's day is going, the rumor-monger getting banned permanently from this board.

Note also that spreading the rumor in the form of a question (i.e. "Did anybody hear the rumor that Joe Player is leaving the team?"; or "What happens if Joe Player leaves the team?" falls under this rule. Any other methods of rumor-mongering which in the opinion of the Moderators is not properly sourced falls under this rule.

This board is intended to SUPPORT SDSU athletics. Unsourced rumors about SDSU student-athletes are destructive to the morale of the team and the entire SDSU community, and as such do not support SDSU athletics.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Boy do I miss half pint, the former Wrestling coach who left for Wisconsin. I have forgotten his name. Current coach Hahn is no doubt very qualified but so far hasn’t shown compassion that Half pint did. If all the opinions are correct, we got a serious morale problem. Why certain athletes gave up before the buzzer, I have no idea why. To the average fan, it does not look good. AD Sells no doubt is monitoring the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Boy do I miss half pint, the former Wrestling coach who left for Wisconsin. I have forgotten his name. Current coach Hahn is no doubt very qualified but so far hasn’t shown compassion that Half pint did. If all the opinions are correct, we got a serious morale problem. Why certain athletes gave up before the buzzer, I have no idea why. To the average fan, it does not look good. AD Sells no doubt is monitoring the situation.
                Nidaros...you have made some asinine statements on this board but this one takes the cake. Unless you have sat with Coach Hahn and staff...do not question their compassion for the athletes. Just because he isn't jumping around, hollering does not mean he isn't passionate. I suggest you go, meet him, get to know him. Bono was good for our program, I won't discount that...but the best thing he did was make SDSU an attractive destination for the next guy...it hasn't been all sunshine and roses jumping around in Madison, with a little investigative digging a person can find that.Oh and the "next guy" is going to build this program and then some...most people expected it to be a down year(see my 2018/19 post. Regarding guys quitting at the end of matches, I trust Coach is handling that, but in private...building trust, and coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  Nidaros...you have made some asinine statements on this board but this one takes the cake. Unless you have sat with Coach Hahn and staff...do not question their compassion for the athletes. Just because he isn't jumping around, hollering does not mean he isn't passionate. I suggest you go, meet him, get to know him. Bono was good for our program, I won't discount that...but the best thing he did was make SDSU an attractive destination for the next guy...it hasn't been all sunshine and roses jumping around in Madison, with a little investigative digging a person can find that.Oh and the "next guy" is going to build this program and then some...most people expected it to be a down year(see my 2018/19 post. Regarding guys quitting at the end of matches, I trust Coach is handling that, but in private...building trust, and coaching.
                  I am not as sophisticated as you are but I did not criticize Hahn. I said he was qualified otherwise he would not live in Brookings. I do think he is off to a bad start losing to UNI 34 to zero and we were shut out in another match Penn State? But why are our wrestlers allegedly giving up? I feel that's a legit question and giving to the my own endowed scholarship and directly to the Jackrabbit Club it seems to me to be a question that needs to be answered. Asinine??? I dont think so. Knowing the coach is worth how many points? Zero since I have taken time to introduce myself. I never met Bono either, but I watched enough youtubes to know he did not mess around. Lets hope Hahn has the same approach.
                  Last edited by Nidaros; 01-16-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

https://safesport.org/userviolations/search

Enter Location: WI (select from the dropdown), Sport: Wrestling

Click Search.

You may recognize a couple names in the results.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post

Click Search.

YUP thank you. I dont pay that much attention. So have no idea what this was about. I do know he lost a wrestler in auto accident last summer. The wrestler was a nephew of US Congressman Jim Jordan from Ohio. Other than that, I have no idea what Mr. Bono has done or not done.

Comment

I am not as sophisticated as you are but I did not criticize Hahn. I said he was qualified otherwise he would not live in Brookings. I do think he is off to a bad start losing to UNI 34 to zero and we were shut out in another match Penn State? But why are our wrestlers allegedly giving up? I feel that's a legit question and giving to the my own endowed scholarship and directly to the Jackrabbit Club it seems to me to be a question that needs to be answered. Asinine??? I dont think so. Knowing the coach is worth how many points? Zero since I have taken time to introduce myself. I never met Bono either, but I watched enough youtubes to know he did not mess around. Lets hope Hahn has the same approach.
                        I'd quit if I was you. It's obvious you can't even spend enough time to research season results. We were shutout only once this season and that was at the hand of Pitt not UNI.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I'd quit if I was you. It's obvious you can't even spend enough time to research season results. We were shutout only once this season and that was at the hand of Pitt not UNI.
                          30-10 is not a shutout, but a spanking for sure. I will quit now.

Comment

Didn't criticize???"Current coach Hahn is no doubt very qualified but so far hasn’t shown compassion that Half pint did."- that feels like criticizing...Referring to your quote above "Lets hope Hahn has the same approach." and what Amber Valley posted...let's hope not.Regarding to your post as asinine...I don't get a lot of reputation points normally and my post calling you out has garnered by far my most reputation points so it seems the general tone of the board agrees.My opinion, the fans saw the wrestler in question quit, no doubt the coaches did too. A good coach will use this as a teaching/mentoring/life lesson moment in private with the athlete, not dress them down in front of fans. Jump a kid for a missed assignment, show your passion...sure. But in a "quitting" type scenario, do that in private.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberValley View Post

Click Search.

Allegations of Misconduct??? What is the story here? I can't get into this website so it will always be allegation for this six and three season coach.
                              Last edited by Nidaros; 01-16-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Allegations of Misconduct??? What is the story here? I can't get into this website so it will always be allegation for this six and three season coach.
                                Safe Sport is not to be messed with. This is from Safe Sport- The U.S. Center for SafeSport is an independent nonprofit committed to ending all forms of abuse in sport. This includes bullying, harassment, hazing, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual misconduct and abuse.

Bono did a lot of good things here, BUT he is about Bono. More to come on the Safe Sport Investigation. He Had several wrestlers leave Wisconsin (I live in WI) which is not uncommon with a coaching change, however the question comes in how they were treated before they left. This includes a returning All-American. The investigation will figure that out.
                                Most HS Coaches in wisconsin know about the investigation but are keeping quiet at this point.

Not citing rumors or unnamed sources, IMO Gross is going to sit and transfer. I hope I am wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X