Seth Gross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seth Gross

Any idea on his health status? What is his actual injury? Any expected time for return?

Re: Seth Gross

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
    Any idea on his health status? What is his actual injury? Any expected time for return?
    Zimmer tweeted something during the meet last night about considering a medical redshirt. Not sure if he was just speculating or if he has heard something. It is getting close to the point of the season where it would be tough to get in really good wrestling shape by March if he misses much more time.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
      He is most likely going to sit out the year. Would be tough to come back this late and 133 is one of the most stacked weight classes this year too
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Coach Hahn discusses Gross during first question from Zim.
        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lwswsFrO43E

Comment

Does he have a red shirt year available? I didn't think your senior year would count for medical redshirt. I have no idea though. Somebody check with Terry.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Does he have a red shirt year available? I didn't think your senior year would count for medical redshirt. I have no idea though. Somebody check with Terry.
            He already redshirted at Iowa. That was the year he got in trouble down there.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwswsFrO43E&t=226s
              go to the 2 minute mark
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I have no idea what Seth would want but the possibility of getting to see him put in a full season alongside an improved 2020 Jacks team sounds like a nice option. Throw Sloan into the mix and the buzz for wrestling will pick up big next year.

#18 Pitt comes into Frost this afternoon. There were some really entertaining moments during the UNI match and should be again today. I loved seeing Pohlmeyer working the crowd after his big win - a reminder of lots of moments last year.

I assume it will be streamed on Flowrestling for those of us stuck at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  I have no idea what Seth would want but the possibility of getting to see him put in a full season alongside an improved 2020 Jacks team sounds like a nice option. Throw Sloan into the mix and the buzz for wrestling will pick up big next year.

#18 Pitt comes into Frost this afternoon. There were some really entertaining moments during the UNI match and should be again today. I loved seeing Pohlmeyer working the crowd after his big win - a reminder of lots of moments last year.

I assume it will be streamed on Flowrestling for those of us stuck at home.
                  Wrestlers shutout by Pitt. Ouch.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                    Wrestlers shutout by Pitt. Ouch.
                    Less then stellar effort as a team IMO; more then one of our "top guys" flat gave up before the end of their matches -Not a good look if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                      Less then stellar effort as a team IMO; more then one of our "top guys" flat gave up before the end of their matches -Not a good look if you ask me.
                      Echo this as well, especially one in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Echo this as well, especially one in particular.
                        The really sad part of that bout was he was in it...had the crowd chanting his name several times. He has a crap ton of talent but is in his head far too much. I hate to get on a student athlete but to just see him “give up” with 12-15 seconds left in the match...frustrating to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                          The really sad part of that bout was he was in it...had the crowd chanting his name several times. He has a crap ton of talent but is in his head far too much. I hate to get on a student athlete but to just see him “give up” with 12-15 seconds left in the match...frustrating to say the least.
                          The last coach might have drug him off the mat, Not sure what this one will do.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                            The last coach might have drug him off the mat, Not sure what this one will do.
                            I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to say. "Not sure what this one will do."

Maybe you should enlighten us on how he should handle this?

Comment

Originally posted by stchrist View Post
                              I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to say. "Not sure what this one will do."

Maybe you should enlighten us on how he should handle this?
                              In this case my statement was to be taken at face value. (Haven't seen enough of coach to have an idea of what he'd do if HE feels someone wasn't giving 100% when it counts) I was not making any claim that it was, is, or will be handled incorrectly(perhaps even at all). It was more an observation of how things were. I was not the only one who saw things that way. The optics of it weren't great is all.

The coaches know infinitely more about the wrestlers than I do. I know how it looked and that's all. My comments were based on that alone.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X