Seth Gross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Seth Gross

I remember Cody Pack got an extra year a few years back and he didn’t have nearly this level of injury if memory serves. But this is the NCAA we’re talking about here so who knows what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
      I remember Cody Pack got an extra year a few years back and he didn’t have nearly this level of injury if memory serves. But this is the NCAA we’re talking about here so who knows what will happen.
      Going to be some eyes on the NCAA with this one. High visibility situation with a popular returning champ.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Going to be some eyes on the NCAA with this one. High visibility situation with a popular returning champ.
        I think that this is the key. Not only was he popular, but he was dominant. The NCAA likes to have these type of kids be the face of the sport. If he was just some middle of the pack wrestler I would be more worried.

I think that we all will get to see Mr. Gross for one more season.

It is interesting to see Seth working with the unaffiliated guys. I wonder if he is auditioning for a role on the staff when his time wrestling is done?
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          It is interesting to see Seth working with the unaffiliated guys. I wonder if he is auditioning for a role on the staff when his time wrestling is done?
          He's a team leader. He's guiding the guys where he can. I'm sure he will be a graduate coach eventually.

I go to all the duals, I stay late since to chit chat. I'm one of the last ones to leave, I noticed every time Seth is nearly the last one to leave. The little Frost parking lot is empty and his girlfriend sits in the car waiting for him.

Seeing all that I have first hand, disproves the rumor that he is withdrawn.

All it took was one troll to post some conspiracy theory and the internet ran with it. Crazy. I looked at the WI, IA, MN, and Dakota sites. They all have threads about Seth and are repeating whatever the troll posted on here. It's amazing how false information can run across the internet forums, especially on someone who is popular.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
            I wasn’t spreading a conspiracy theory. People wanted to know what was being said, that is what was being said.
            Suggestion: start a message board for rumors or, as you write, “what is being said.”

AmberValley: thanks for your post.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
              Suggestion: start a message board for rumors or, as you write, “what is being said.”

Having studied Journalism at SDSU, the whole "2 reliable sources rule" should be used by the interwebs. Unfortunately, it rarely happens

Comment

[Journalism grad, too.] In an ideal world,...

Just heard the following which may have tangential application* here: Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear brighter until they talk.”

��

*tangential application: pretty weak application here but is a funny saying so thought I’d share but couldn’t find a place to share it.

Comment

[Journalism grad, too.] In an ideal world,...

Just heard the following which may have tangential application* here: Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear brighter until they talk.”

��

*tangential application: pretty weak application here but is a funny saying so thought I’d share but couldn’t find a place to share it.
                  My grandmother used to say, "SoDakJAck, it is better for you to keep your mouth shut and appear to be an idiot than to open it and remove all doubt"

Comment

If this was the case I could have put the extended rumors out there and there are plenty of them. I didn’t start this rumor nor did I start the others. In a few months we shall see if Seth stays with his team or transfers. I hope he stays.
                    Last edited by rabbits64; 01-19-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

If this was the case I could have put the extended rumors out there and there are plenty of them. I didn’t start this rumor nor did I start the others. In a few months we shall see if Seth stays with his team or transfers. I hope he stays.
                      Mike Daum was a lock to go to Wisconsin about this time last year too..............

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Mike Daum was a lock to go to Wisconsin about this time last year too..............
                        Good example. That was a rumor that was being widely circulated.

Sometimes the rumor mill is accurate but oftentimes it is flat wrong and has the potential to cause harm. filbert’s attribution rule is a reasonable approach to how this board will or will not deal with rumors about student athletes.

Comment

i didn’t understand your first sentence but it doesn’t matter. The rule isn’t going to change. And it doesn’t matter whether one started a rumor or is just passing along “what is being said.” We’ll stick with a more factual discussion on this board, interspersed with lots of opinions including those about athletes given consistently with the attribution rule.

Comment

The attribution rule isn't "never post anything you heard." It's "if you post something you heard, cite by name the person, web site, or news outlet you got it from."

That's citing BY SPECIFIC NAME.

"I heard from Assistant Coach Joe Blow that . . . "
                            "I heard from the assistant volunteer floor sweeper Pat Patterson that . . . "
                            "I heard from Bruno Mars when we were shooting Fireballs in the bar that . . . "
                            "I saw a tweet from Ace Reporter, the beat writer for the University of Okoboji Competitive Drinking Team that . . . "
                            "I saw a post on ReallyRidiculousRumors.com that said that . . ."
                            (the latter two should be accompanied by a link, by the way)

These sorts of statements are acceptable here, as they allow people to judge for themselves the veracity and reliability of your information.

If you're going to post it, own it. And owning it includes reporting EXACTLY where you got the "info" from.

Anything else is rank rumormongering. Period. And doing rumormongering will get you in trouble here.

I frankly don't care if people like the policy or not. I expect there will be a fair number of people who don't like it.

Tough.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              The attribution rule isn't "never post anything you heard." It's "if you post something you heard, cite by name the person, web site, or news outlet you got it from."

That's citing BY SPECIFIC NAME.

"I heard from Assistant Coach Joe Blow that . . . "
                              "I heard from the assistant volunteer floor sweeper Pat Patterson that . . . "
                              "I heard from Bruno Mars when we were shooting Fireballs in the bar that . . . "
                              "I saw a tweet from Ace Reporter, the beat writer for the University of Okoboji Competitive Drinking Team that . . . "
                              "I saw a post on ReallyRidiculousRumors.com that said that . . ."
                              (the latter two should be accompanied by a link, by the way)

These sorts of statements are acceptable here, as they allow people to judge for themselves the veracity and reliability of your information.

If you're going to post it, own it. And owning it includes reporting EXACTLY where you got the "info" from.

Anything else is rank rumormongering. Period. And doing rumormongering will get you in trouble here.

I frankly don't care if people like the policy or not. I expect there will be a fair number of people who don't like it.

Tough.
                              From what is being said, this policy is what made Seth decide to have back surgery to end his season. People have been saying he would rather sit the year than cite his sources.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                Right. I heard after his soph year in the summit tourney he was gone. Like usd fans were celebrating because rumor was daum was gone one school was out.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X