Seth Gross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Seth Gross

This is about as shocking as DJJ going to UNLV.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MNJack3 View Post
      It is what it is and I'm confident Hahn will get us back to Top 10 Status, but boy or boy would I be heated if I were Justin Sell & Co. He stuck his neck out for Seth and signed off on him coming to SDSU. If Seth had "Surgery" SDSU probably paid for it with their insurance plan for athletes. Then Justin and company probably filed the paperwork for a Medical Hardship Waiver only to see Seth leave and help Bono execute his master plan. Honestly I think no one would be bothered if it wasn't for all the hoops Justin jumped through to give him a second chance after his legal issues in Iowa. If there was proven tampering I hope it bites Bono in the a**
      I understand people wanting him to stay a Jackrabbit, who wouldn't want him to? But to act like Gross did not bring more attention and excitement to the program than anyone else in recent history for similar or less money than other wrestlers who have come through the program is crazy. He probably put up 1/2 the points at the NCAA's the past two years, there are a lot of other wrestlers that they should be upset with. Most of the cost of medical expenses are covered by the athletes parents insurance, the university only picks up the difference. From a financial perspective, Iowa paid for him for a year and he didn't even compete on varsity for them, so I would think they would have a bigger beef and I am guessing it cost twice as much than SDSU.

I would think most athletes would be more loyal to a coach than an AD.

I hope Gross has a great year next year.

Bono did a lot for the program, but I think he could have left on better terms. The program was in a pretty sad state when he came here.

I am excited to see what Sloan will do as part of Team USA and next season leading the Jackrabbits!

#GetJacked

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
        I understand people wanting him to stay a Jackrabbit, who wouldn't want him to? But to act like Gross did not bring more attention and excitement to the program than anyone else in recent history for similar or less money than other wrestlers who have come through the program is crazy. He probably put up 1/2 the points at the NCAA's the past two years, there are a lot of other wrestlers that they should be upset with. Most of the cost of medical expenses are covered by the athletes parents insurance, the university only picks up the difference. From a financial perspective, Iowa paid for him for a year and he didn't even compete on varsity for them, so I would think they would have a bigger beef and I am guessing it cost twice as much than SDSU.

I would think most athletes would be more loyal to a coach than an AD.

I hope Gross has a great year next year.

Bono did a lot for the program, but I think he could have left on better terms. The program was in a pretty sad state when he came here.

I am excited to see what Sloan will do as part of Team USA and next season leading the Jackrabbits!

#GetJacked
        All of this is spot on! Rep points given!

Bono was the coach that breathed life back into the SDSU program.

Gross was the wrestler that took us to another level and won our first D1 individual title. We should always be thankful for their time as Jackrabbits. As for the way they departed? There is plenty of room for discussion.

The bottom line for Jackrabbit Wrestling fans is that we need to support this program as much now as ever. I don't know much about wrestling to say the least but I'm learning. Several people that do know the sport well have all said they are high on Coach Hahn and think he will do great things at SDSU. That works for me. What is needed is the support to keep coming. It really is up to us fans to keep this program moving in a positive direction and not be a flash in the pan while Bono and Gross were here.

My bet is that we keep moving forward.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'd say most people would have no issues with either Bono or Gross moving on and using the success to move forward. The problem lies in how this all allegedly shook out. If everything was done above board no problem, but if there's shady stuff regarding any of it, it tarnishes some of the good that both accomplished in Brookings.

Now regarding the current staff and what they can accomplish...we will consistently contend in the big 12 and be a top 10 team nationally relatively soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
            I'd say most people would have no issues with either Bono or Gross moving on and using the success to move forward. The problem lies in how this all allegedly shook out. If everything was done above board no problem, but if there's shady stuff regarding any of it, it tarnishes some of the good that both accomplished in Brookings.

Now regarding the current staff and what they can accomplish...we will consistently contend in the big 12 and be a top 10 team nationally relatively soon.
            Wondering how it allegedly shook out? I saw a lot of people speculating. Some people were suggesting he made up his injury. People are crazy to think someone would undergo that surgery without needing it. I certainly do not think this was a minor procedure at all. I think Gross posted a pictures of screws in his back. So after having an injury that finished his senior year, it is weird to think he wanted to rejoin his coach that he won a national title with? Do you have credible sources that there was more to it than that?

I just get tired of all the speculation. I have heard some complaints about the breakup (when Bono left) and maybe there something to it. But I also think he established a great foundation for Hahn to continue to build. Hahn had a great resume coming and definitely has a different way of doing things but to me I don't see the need to trample the last regime.

One little thing that I didn't like, I think the hashtag #GetJacked was great for Jackrabbit wrestling. When the Hahn came #StayJacked became the new hashtag used. To me, that just seemed like a way to slam disloyal people (Bono, Brown) where #GetJacked always seemed like something to achieve. Recently I have noticed #GetJacked being used again.

#GetJacked

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
              Wondering how it allegedly shook out? I saw a lot of people speculating. Some people were suggesting he made up his injury. People are crazy to think someone would undergo that surgery without needing it. I certainly do not think this was a minor procedure at all. I think Gross posted a pictures of screws in his back. So after having an injury that finished his senior year, it is weird to think he wanted to rejoin his coach that he won a national title with? Do you have credible sources that there was more to it than that?

I just get tired of all the speculation. I have heard some complaints about the breakup (when Bono left) and maybe there something to it. But I also think he established a great foundation for Hahn to continue to build. Hahn had a great resume coming and definitely has a different way of doing things but to me I don't see the need to trample the last regime.

One little thing that I didn't like, I think the hashtag #GetJacked was great for Jackrabbit wrestling. When the Hahn came #StayJacked became the new hashtag used. To me, that just seemed like a way to slam disloyal people (Bono, Brown) where #GetJacked always seemed like something to achieve. Recently I have noticed #GetJacked being used again.

#GetJacked
              I am lost. I have my doubts that Sell will even file a complaint. The last dog has been hung. Time to go home and get some rest.

Comment

I think the #StayJacked campaign was meant to only last a year to show the continuation of the wrestling program and to keep fans interested and involved. It really wouldn't make sense to keep going with it past a year. On the subject of Seth, I hope he's successful next year and in wrestling past college. He brought Jackrabbit athletics to new heights in the D1 era, and we should be thankful for what he has done. As a student, he should be allowed to go where he wants like any other student. I know this is a subject that has been mulled over by us before, but it's just my opinion of students transferring. With Bono, I'm happy with what he did while he was here. He brought a program on the brink of being cut to being a Top 25 program. I would have liked him to stay a bit longer before choosing another school (and a better one, in my opinion), but he had other plans. Hahn is doing great things for the program and will make it one of the best in the country. I'm looking forward to the next season! #GetJacked
                Rollin' in my 5.0
                With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

I hate the wombat
                  KSjack

If you see this message, check your email using the email address you used when you signed up for the board.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    I hate the wombat
                    KSjack

If you see this message, check your email using the email address you used when you signed up for the board.
                    Can't we all see that message?

Comment

I can see it, but no email was received.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Ha! Buncha wise guys.
                        Just assisting a member with an account issue.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          Ha! Buncha wise guys.
                          Just assisting a member with an account issue.
                          Oh Boy! Hoping this was going to be good. Disappointing in this slow season.

Comment

Gross #1 lost to Desanto (Iowa) #2. 6-2.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                              Gross #1 lost to Desanto (Iowa) #2. 6-2.
                              Wasn't even close really either. DeSanto dominated Gross on the feet
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

My favorite wrestler is whoever is Gross's opponent. Yes, he won a Nattie in a Jacks uniform, but his antics last year were bs in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X