GDT:Lamb Bonanza SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:Lamb Bonanza SDSU Jackrabbits vs ORU Golden Eagles @ Frost Arena

For the hell of it, here's a comparison between Arians and the most similar (recent) player that comes to mind: Reed Tellingheusen

Freshman year stats:

Reed: 23.5 min, 8.6 pts, 34 assists, 41 turnovers, 20 steals, 3.3 rebounds/game

Arians: 25.3 min, 5.3 pts, 36 assists, 18 turnovers, 15 steals, 4.6 rebounds/game

Reed amassed those stats playing in 35 games (23 starts), Ariens has had just 20 (11 starts). TJ got a good one with Ariens.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      For the hell of it, here's a comparison between Arians and the most similar (recent) player that comes to mind: Reed Tellingheusen

Freshman year stats:

Arians: 25.3 min, 5.3 pts, 36 assists, 18 turnovers, 15 steals, 4.6 rebounds/game

Reed amassed those stats playing in 35 games (23 starts), Ariens has had just 20 (11 starts). TJ got a good one with Ariens.
      Good comparison, that's what I thought too.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Freshman year stats:

You wonder if Arians turnover number will be consistent through the remainder of the season. I do not remember Reed running up 41 turnovers but record books hold for ever the stats.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          True, he may emerge as a consistent scoring option. It will be fun to watch him develop because he's already promising.
          From the FWIW department: TJ mentioned in the post game he wants Arians to be more aggressive scoring the ball because they believe he’s got that ability.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            From the FWIW department: TJ mentioned in the post game he wants Arians to be more aggressive scoring the ball because they believe he’s got that ability.
            That isn't lip service from TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              That isn't lip service from TJ.
              No that is what TJ said.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                No that is what TJ said.
                Yes, I know that. I have been told that out of their mouths. "lip service" is just a reference to people that might say things just to make it ok
                Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 01-13-2019, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  Yes, I know that. I have been told that out of their mouths. "lip service" is just a reference to people that might say things just to make it ok
                  Arians is fearless and if teams have to respect his scoring ability, it makes this team a LOT better.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                    Arians is fearless and if teams have to respect his scoring ability, it makes this team a LOT better.
                    The earlier numbers that indicate 2:1 assist/turnover number, 4.6 boards, 5.3 pts, & 15 steals is a good start already. Scoring on this team is icing with line up that already has plenty of firepower.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

A huge chunk of that firepower is graduating this year--I think that's what Otz is working Ariens toward. Somebody's gonna have to step up and be a good enough scoring threat to draw the double-teams away from DJJ next year. It'll be nice if Jenkins doesn't need to score 40 a game next year for the Jacks to be competitive.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6454703...53892660ebdb1e
                        Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        A huge chunk of that firepower is graduating this year--I think that's what Otz is working Ariens toward. Somebody's gonna have to step up and be a good enough scoring threat to draw the double-teams away from DJJ next year. It'll be nice if Jenkins doesn't need to score 40 a game next year for the Jacks to be competitive.
                        This might help along those lines.

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6454703...53892660ebdb1e

Comment

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6454703...b02e09c8a88bc9
                          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            As the season progresses, Arians and O. King have started to show flashes of their potential. I'm pretty excited about both of them. As they gain confidence, you'll see them make even more plays.

Comment

I think dentlinger is looking good too I am surprised he doesn't get more playing time. He is good around the basket Nd guys like owen who can drive and shift passing will get him in good spots to be effective.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Let's hope Grill is ready to go next year. We're likely going to need him to start right away.

Comment

Working...
                                X