X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: DakotaDome Renovations 2019

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    they say on their site:
    • A USD-worthy game experience with new permanent seating, club seating, concessions and services

So What's that less than Presentation College?
    Haha. Do you think "USD-worthy" also includes "Platinum-Level Cramp-Preventing" HVAC?

Comment

OK I'm a thin blooded geezer who's lived in Missouri and Georgia for the last half century but when I traveled for my one game a year I chose Cedar Falls because it was indoors. Doubt if I would have been out there in near freezing temperatures and forty mph winds. I suspect that if expansion had been planned into the original Dakota Dome it could have been done quite reasonably.

Comment

I was really hoping they could boost their capacity a little more because it would make it a lot easier for me to get a ticket when the Jacks play there.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          I'd be curious about the extent to which HS football championships impacted decision. You'd have to think Vermilion would lose those (possibly to Brookings or Sioux Falls) sans dome. That's not to say that annual economic stimulus exceeds what they'd gain by possibly having larger crowds at outdoor venue.
          The fact that they just paid (in terms of facility life) for the hard roof that might also factor into not razing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
            I was really hoping they could boost their capacity a little more because it would make it a lot easier for me to get a ticket when the Jacks play there.
            Serious question. Is it that difficult now?

Comment

Working...
            X