Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Welcome home to Frost Arena

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    Daum has always loved bodying guys hard on the way to the basket. Not real surprising that guys are flopping finally. If he can start hitting some more shots from outside I feel like he won't try to force it inside so much, but they haven't been falling yet this year.

Arians man, he's gonna be good. I see a lot of Grif Callahan in him. Always matched up against a bigger guy on defense and mixing it up for rebounds. Fun to watch.

I thought Owen King played really well last night outside of the foul trouble (slapping down on the ball gets called every time). He had a really nice take coast to coast and got called for a phantom carry, also blew by his defender a couple other times to set up easy buckets.

Crowd sucked last night. Zero energy. Hopefully pack a few more people in there on Saturday and have some fun
    Agree on Arians and King. O. King seems to make a couple "wow, nice pass!" plays every game. He's been shooting better lately too. (although I didn't see last night)

Hopefully Mike can start getting the benefit of the call on some of those flops. They can't continue to just reward flopping all season, can they?

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
      Agree on Arians and King. O. King seems to make a couple "wow, nice pass!" plays every game. He's been shooting better lately too. (although I didn't see last night)

Hopefully Mike can start getting the benefit of the call on some of those flops. They can't continue to just reward flopping all season, can they?
      I wonder if refs talk about it so they try to be consistent? No idea. Sure seems like a majority of them are flat out flops and if anything got in his head so he is rushing now.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Every year there are emphasis's on certain rules or calls. Look at the NFL's position on touching, not tackling the QB. I'm not a basketball official, but in football each year there are a few points that all officials are to take note of.

A good example is the Flopping Hardaways from Memphis. Not only did they push the limits on flops with Daum, they've done it with other teams too. The NFL used to have the tuck rule or interpretation that everybody scoffed at. I'm hoping that in the future we look back at the flop as a bad blip on the college hardwoods for the 2018-19 season. Unfortunately it will negatively impact Daum and the Jackrabbits this year.

Comment

At the same time, you have to admit he occasionally flat runs over a guy and has gotten pretty aggressive with the old “arm bar”. That charge last night was a fine example. Someone here a few weeks ago referenced a “bull in a china shop”. That’s impression I’ve gotten on multiple occasions this year as he clearly is trying to work on/showcase his driving skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            At the same time, you have to admit he occasionally flat runs over a guy and has gotten pretty aggressive with the old “arm bar”. That charge last night was a fine example. Someone here a few weeks ago referenced a “bull in a china shop”. That’s impression I’ve gotten on multiple occasions this year as he clearly is trying to work on/showcase his driving skills.
            Some times he goes thru and not around as much as he should but Many were just positioning and guys flail out of the way. You can see it in the stands surprised refs dont. It's not like a guard driving into the lane and it's a 50/50 call if block or charge.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              Some times he goes thru and not around as much as he should but Many were just positioning and guys flail out of the way. You can see it in the stands surprised refs dont. It's not like a guard driving into the lane and it's a 50/50 call if block or charge.
              There was a replay last night that clearly showed him extending his elbow. Is that new "IDK", but that is more than likely getting him into trouble. It's more than one set of refs calling this now.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Every year there are emphasis's on certain rules or calls. Look at the NFL's position on touching, not tackling the QB. I'm not a basketball official, but in football each year there are a few points that all officials are to take note of.

A good example is the Flopping Hardaways from Memphis. Not only did they push the limits on flops with Daum, they've done it with other teams too. The NFL used to have the tuck rule or interpretation that everybody scoffed at. I'm hoping that in the future we look back at the flop as a bad blip on the college hardwoods for the 2018-19 season. Unfortunately it will negatively impact Daum and the Jackrabbits this year.
                Earlier this year I was watching a game and I thought the announcers said offensive fouls were a point of emphasis for college officials, so I did a google search and found this youtube series called weekly whistles that explains what officials are instructed are supposed to call. After watching episode 10 on offensive fouls I'm not sure I know what an offensive foul is, anyway if it seems the game is being called different this year well it is. It's a good series explains officiating, watch all ten episodes here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMpX4IwoU6g&t=65s

Comment

Originally posted by jrd View Post
                  Earlier this year I was watching a game and I thought the announcers said offensive fouls were a point of emphasis for college officials, so I did a google search and found this youtube series called weekly whistles that explains what officials are instructed are supposed to call. After watching episode 10 on offensive fouls I'm not sure I know what an offensive foul is, anyway if it seems the game is being called different this year well it is. It's a good series explains officiating, watch all ten episodes here is the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMpX4IwoU6g&t=65s
                  Nice find. Good videos.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X