GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Welcome home to Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Welcome home to Frost Arena

5-13 Pioneers are struggling more than the preseason guesses. Currently they are 1-8 in games on the road. They are riding a 5 game losing streak into Frost. They are turning the ball over 14.5 times per game and scoring 68 points. 68 points is not running the Princeton offense of previous teams at Denver. Harrell, Jr(25), Rosga(2), and Murkey(00) are the leading scorers with double digit averages. The Pioneers will not likely hold Daum to 4 points. Look for the Jackrabbits to turn up the intensity as the first home game of conference play and Pioneers will not find a road win in Brookings. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Welcome home to Frost Arena

Wow, 17 point favorites tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Wow, 17 point favorites tonight.
      It opened yesterday at 18, from what I saw. If it inches any closer to 15, I think I'll play it.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I've been very surprised with Denver's struggles this season. I really thought they'd be in the top 3-4 teams in the Summit. They may still be, by the end... so let's hope our men don't mail it in tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          I've been very surprised with Denver's struggles this season. I really thought they'd be in the top 3-4 teams in the Summit. They may still be, by the end... so let's hope our men don't mail it in tonight.
          Rosga hasn’t been very good this year.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
            To start the year I thought so too. Did they graduate or transfer more then then I thought maybe.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              To start the year I thought so too. Did they graduate or transfer more then then I thought maybe.
              I don’t recall the specifics, but yes, the supposedly have a lot of firepower coming back for this year.

It sure looks like “Daum in the paint” might be a big part of the strategy for tonight. They go in to him early on in the first 3 possessions. He’s rocking the Larry Bird shorts tonight too. Loom out!

Comment

Is this game on TV or espn+? I'm not finding it and want to watch.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Daum enters tonight's game at 2659 points only 10 behind David Robinson. Ironically, he is not the active career leader. Chris Clemons from Campbell enters his game tonight at 2672. Mike will have his work cut out for him to catch Clemons as he will have two less remaining regular season games to do it.

Comment

Video only available through SDSU tonight.

It’s been a good thing we’re less reliant on Daum than previous years. He’s on the bench with foul issues again. Two of the three are offensive - continuing a trend. Would be nice if he gets that under control.

Comment

Well who ever said daums going to score more then 4 points was right. He did but not bu much. Those at the game what did we miss? He didn't make a 3 again either. Also didn't seem like much production from the bench either tonight.

Comment

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Denver Pioneers @ Welcome home to Frost Arena

I’d say that was a utilitarian win. Other than the 3pt shooting expo the Jacks put on early in the game there was nothing flashy about it. The defense was good and scoring balanced but ball control could have been better. We jumped out to an early lead and just coasted along with them at arms length the rest of the way.

As far as the bench goes, Dentlinger and O King handled their roles just fine but did not fill up the stat sheets.

I love seeing Daum put on a scoring show but it’s even more encouraging these days when the supporting cast carries the load like they have the last two games.

Comment

Ho-hum, a win is a win.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            Video only available through SDSU tonight.

It’s been a good thing we’re less reliant on Daum than previous years. He’s on the bench with foul issues again. Two of the three are offensive - continuing a trend. Would be nice if he gets that under control.
                            This. Other teams definitely know that the only way to control Daum is to get him in foul trouble, and they know he's prone to getting offensive fouls so they scheme for it and it's working. What's frustrating is that he hasn't been able to adjust.

Comment

Daum has always loved bodying guys hard on the way to the basket. Not real surprising that guys are flopping finally. If he can start hitting some more shots from outside I feel like he won't try to force it inside so much, but they haven't been falling yet this year.

Arians man, he's gonna be good. I see a lot of Grif Callahan in him. Always matched up against a bigger guy on defense and mixing it up for rebounds. Fun to watch.

I thought Owen King played really well last night outside of the foul trouble (slapping down on the ball gets called every time). He had a really nice take coast to coast and got called for a phantom carry, also blew by his defender a couple other times to set up easy buckets.

Crowd sucked last night. Zero energy. Hopefully pack a few more people in there on Saturday and have some fun

Comment

Working...
                              X