Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Which I dont understand since usd reaches in a lot. Yet this year they dont get called for it much.
    I think, if refs start out not calling things on an individual team, they tend to not the rest of the season, they get the perception established in their minds that they aren't fouling. The very same thing done by another individual team, their perception is they are fouling. Very perplexing when they program themselves in this manner. The rest of us have to try and figure out why one action by a team A is a foul, but when team B duplicates the very same action it's not. That's why the most important thing a ref can do is be consistent in his calls, no matter who performs the action, if it's a foul for one, it's also got to be called a foul for the other.

Comment

I have a couple of questions.

1) If you a down 2 with 50 seconds left, why don't you go for a 2 for 1? Instead SDSU held the ball out near mid court. If SDSU and USD both score, SDSU still loses.

2) If you are going to call a TO in the second overtime, why don't you call it right away instead of after you take the ball down the court? It would save a few seconds. SDSU was down 6 points s it wouldn't have make a difference but why not try?

SDSU used to have some depth on the team about 10 years ago but they have been short handed the last few years. I know you don't normally have 5 people foul out but SDSU only has about deep.

You have Maci, Madi and Larson out there and for a game winning shot you have Thuenick shoot it? I guess she was wide open and she was a good scorer in high school but that was interesting. I guess USD locked down on the 3 starters so one of the other payers had to take the open shot.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
        I have a couple of questions.

1) If you a down 2 with 50 seconds left, why don't you go for a 2 for 1? Instead SDSU held the ball out near mid court. If SDSU and USD both score, SDSU still loses.

2) If you are going to call a TO in the second overtime, why don't you call it right away instead of after you take the ball down the court? It would save a few seconds. SDSU was down 6 points s it wouldn't have make a difference but why not try?

SDSU used to have some depth on the team about 10 years ago but they have been short handed the last few years. I know you don't normally have 5 people foul out but SDSU only has about deep.

You have Maci, Madi and Larson out there and for a game winning shot you have Thuenick shoot it? I guess she was wide open and she was a good scorer in high school but that was interesting. I guess USD locked down on the 3 starters so one of the other payers had to take the open shot.
        I’ll comment on the last shot in the 1st OT. You gotta take the best shot you can get. I don’t think it was designed for Thuenick to take the shot but the play developed and she was wide open. It was an outstanding look.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          I’ll comment on the last shot in the 1st OT. You gotta take the best shot you can get. I don’t think it was designed for Thuenick to take the shot but the play developed and she was wide open. It was an outstanding look.
          If we can’t trust one of our young guards to take a open three? It was right in front of me. She probably makes that shot 6 or more out of ten. We didn’t lose the game there. It was just part of the process of the loss.

Comment

Working...
          X