GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

The biggest player error was Larson fouling 100 ft from the basket with us up 2 in the 1st overtime.

Edit: Carolina beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      No, but teaching, or rather coaching game situations and best courses of actions to take in certain game situations is the job usually given to the coaching staff. I don't fault anyone, just hope we learn from it, and to correct a proplem, you first have to Identify it, at least that's what I was always taught.
      Your source that the coaching staff hasn't told the team to run the clock in that situation ?

Comment

My best moment of the game, was when, correct me if I'm wrong , Tagyn reached out with her long reach and grabbed a seamingly hard errant pass and in one quick moment put it in the hoop....that was gold!! I'm proud of the team, and coaching staff, but there were some critical errors, if we clean them up, that will make us really, really good.We are pretty good as it is.....
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-06-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          The biggest player error was Larson fouling 100 ft from the basket with us up 2 in the 1st overtime.

Edit: Carolina beat me to it!
          It almost seemed like she was trying to foul. It was a bad play for sure.

Comment

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

Well that was entertaining....

We can point at a million different moments/mistakes in a sixteen hour game that could have changed things just like USD could have if Thuenick’s open 3 at the end of OT would have gone in. It got crazy with the foul situation/fatigue/pressure.

Losing sucks but USD is a very good team in front of what will be their best crowd all year. Considering what we were able to do today I like our chances in the next two blue-crowded showdowns. I’m glad I already have tickets for the SLT.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Your source that the coaching staff hasn't told the team to run the clock in that situation ?
              I didn't claim to have a source did I? Do you need a "source" to convey an "observation" ? What's your point then? Maybe you do?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                I didn't claim to have a source did I? Do you need a "source" to convey an "observation" ? What's your point then? Maybe you do?
                Hard for me to blame the coaching staff on a snap judgement decision by our best player in the heat of an overtime game. I would wager the team has been told more than once to run clock in that situation.

Comment

Another learning point, ……."flinches", heaven forbid,...…..There was a critical rebound right at the hands of a Jack (no names),that our player poked at it, when all she had to do was grab it, well, it was scrummed around, ended in a USD players control, layup, tie game instead of being up 2 and having control of the possession for another 30 seconds with a chance at another 2 pts and up 4....eh , doesn't matter now, but another thing we can learn from.

Comment

Hard for me to blame the coaching staff on a snap judgement decision by our best player in the heat of an overtime game. I would wager the team has been told more than once to run clock in that situation.
                    Agree. Hindsight is usually 20/20

Comment

Yeah....your probably right....my bad, a tad too judgemental on my part perhaps....I thought it was a whale of an effort and am proud of our team.....all the little critiques aside.One heartbreaking loss can come from one "death by a thousand cuts" game. We did good, no shame in losing, we'll get them next time.

Comment

Was a good game. We had our chance to lock it down in first OT and didn't do it. Disappointing loss.

Had to laugh watching the game on Midco. The PA announcer was yelling out "No Good" every time the Jacks missed a free throw. Classy. Shouldn't be surprised. You can take the trailer trash out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the trailer trash. Same old classy Yotes with a shiny new septic tank. Same old septic tank attitude.

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                          Was a good game. We had our chance to lock it down in first OT and didn't do it. Disappointing loss.

Had to laugh watching the game on Midco. The PA announcer was yelling out "No Good" every time the Jacks missed a free throw. Classy. Shouldn't be surprised. You can take the trailer trash out of the trailer park but you can't take the trailer park out of the trailer trash. Same old classy Yotes with a shiny new septic tank. Same old septic tank attitude.

SUPERBUNNY
                          I see they are calling it the "Red Square.' I believe the building is neither red nor is it square
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I see they are calling it the "Red Square.' I believe the building is neither red nor is it square
                            The World's Second Largest Septic Tank next to the Dakotadump.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                              I don’t really have an issue with Macy taking that shot. Too many times I see a team run the clock and have to force up a bad shot at/near the buzzer. If it wasn’t Macy/Maddy taking the shot, then yes I have an issue.

Overall it was a hard fought game. They just made more plays at the end. We had a chance and just couldn’t finish. Need to learn and move on.

USD is going to be scary next year. Slide Sjerven into the line-up in place of Ariens and keep rolling. We are going to need some serious growth from players and some impact Freshman to keep pace.
                              Kind of agree, but making or missing the shot to me wasn't the issue, to me it was being up two, only 18 sec left , a chance to get 2 , make it or miss it, still up two, maybe 4, but instead of 18 sec left , there's like 8 or so, I've seen teams lose all discipline in that situation and rush down and take a stupid, rushed shot , miss, we get the rebound.....game over, that's what I was hoping for...….Macy did come awful close to nailing that shot, I admit, and that would of been game over too, in hindsight.Just one game, no bigee
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-06-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

SUPERBUNNY
                                And we can’t even get our football announcer to announce a Jackrabbit first down or have a saying to pump up the crowd on 3rd down. Kind of a tangent, but....

Comment

Working...
                                X