X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

#Bring the game
    Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

Today we find out if the Jacks can just “flip a switch” and turn on their A Game. If they bring the effort and intensity they had against Baylor, Oregon, and Green Bay they cruise to a double digit win. If they plod around like they have been post-Oregon the Coyotes could win by 20.

I expect something in between but would not be at all surprised by either extreme. The Jacks have just been too inconsistent to predict this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      Today we find out if the Jacks can just “flip a switch” and turn on their A Game. If they bring the effort and intensity they had against Baylor, Oregon, and Green Bay they cruise to a double digit win. If they plod around like they have been post-Oregon the Coyotes could win by 20.

I expect something in between but would not be at all surprised by either extreme. The Jacks have just been too inconsistent to predict this one.
      I hope they don't insist on doing things the hard way,I don't think they will.

Comment

If the SDSU women could limit turnovers and convert their layups they would be a one loss team this year.

Have to control the tempo and not settle for jump shots late in the shot clock.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

So Miller loses her shoe and the refs don’t stop play?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Not sure that they can. You often see players just throw the shoe off the floor and keep playing.

Comment

They can't stop it for that, otherwise you would have players "losing" their shoe all the time to stop a run out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                Not sure that they can. You often see players just throw the shoe off the floor and keep playing.
                I was watching a game today where the refs stopped play. I could see if the other team had the ball but we played an entire possession without her missed a shot then USD hits a three.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  They can't stop it for that, otherwise you would have players "losing" their shoe all the time to stop a run out.
                  It wasn’t a run out. We had the ball.

Comment

It wasn’t a run out. We had the ball.
                    I know, I saw the play. I was just pointing out why it isn't a rule for an automatic stoppage of play. I just looked through the rule book and couldn't find anything to reference to losing a shoe.

Comment

Good job cutting it back to 2 after being down double digits. Need to adjust to the officiating in the second half. Lots of potential for foul trouble otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        I know, I saw the play. I was just pointing out why it isn't a rule for an automatic stoppage of play. I just looked through the rule book and couldn't find anything to reference to losing a shoe.
                        I always thought it was refs discretion. Usually I thought they stop play when you have the ball. Like someone losing a contact. If your on D sorry but your team has the ball atop play for contact or shoe etc.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          I always thought it was refs discretion. Usually I thought they stop play when you have the ball. Like someone losing a contact. If your on D sorry but your team has the ball atop play for contact or shoe etc.
                          I think your right. I’ve seen play stopped before in fact in a game just today. It makes sense they wouldn’t stop it if the other team had a fast break but players aren’t losing a shoe on purpose when they have the ball

Comment

Maybe it is just the TV coverage, but the arena sounds a little quiet.

Comment

Terrible call on Larson. She got pulled down by the USD post.

Comment

Working...
                              X