X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ SCSC in Showdown Series

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    yotes playing smarter down the stretch, just that simple
    Easier to do playing your starters against the second string.

Comment

Hopefully some of the bench players can grow from playing in this game

Comment

out coached....we should of had this game up seven.....Macy takes long three, about 18 sec left when we had a good 10 sec or so to burn off the shot clock yet,yah, make it and you're the hero.....miss it as she did gets them back to tieing the game....didn't need to take that shot at that time.....we got to think better in game situations....that has to be coached into them....hope the coaching staff learns....this is just one game, if we learn from it maybe it will benefit us down the road when we really need it.

Comment

Jacks give the game away on the road. Going to be a different game in Brookings.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            Jacks give the game away on the road. Going to be a different game in Brookings.
            Probably more of the same in Brookings. We struggle with usd during the season.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

out coached....we should of had this game up seven.....Macy takes long three, about 18 sec left when we had a good 10 sec or so to burn off the shot clock yet,yah, make it and you're the hero.....miss it as she did gets them back to tieing the game....didn't need to take that shot at that time.....we got to think better in game situations....that has to be coached into them....hope the coaching staff learns....this is just one game, if we learn from it maybe it will benefit us down the road when we really need it.
              That is the best player in SDSU WBB history and a 5th year senior. Is it really a coaching issue? I think not.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I've argued this for years. With each overtime each players should get an additional foul. 5 fouls you're out in regulation. 6 you're out in the first overtime and so forth. When you're out you're out. You can't re-enter the game. It's a sport you're eliminated without an ejection. If the game goes into extra time players should get extra fouls. There's nothing better than watching a great game and it gets decided by a bunch of bench players.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                  needs to fall down like Sjerven does...
                  this^ Summit ref's it's an automatic foul......so bad that players are turning into actors, and ref's play into it.....but hey, learn the script
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-06-2019, 05:23 PM.

Comment

That is the best player in SDSU WBB history and a 5th year senior. Is it really a coaching issue? I think not.
                    Agree. The coaching staff can't run out on the floor and grab her.

Comment

Did you not read the circumstances of when she took the shot?....let me reiterate then....a long three when we had a good 10 sec or so of time left on the shot clock to burn off yet, up two with 18 sec left.....take an ill advised shot where missing it means they have more time to get the tying shot to go in.....it has to be drilled into their heads how to make the clock your friend.....that has to come from coaching.....I'll give a break this early game, but if it happens again, it'll probably be a much bigger game and the outcome might very well be the same.....Macy didn't have to take the shot right then and there...to her credit, she is exactly who you said she was, and probably thought she had to deliver the killing shot, but we might have won another way....all I'm saying

Comment

Needed to win that in the first OT. Madi had a very off night. It'd be nice to have a more traditional big. Tagyn has been terrific this year, but definitely undersized to deal with 5's all game. Same with Burckhard. Overall, they were the more feisty team and ended up with way too many second chance points.

We really, really need to win the USD game in Brookings. If we win that and only drop -- say one more game, you'd think we'd get an automatic bid even if we don't win the SLT. Maybe someone who knows better can validate or reject that claim.

Comment

I don’t really have an issue with Macy taking that shot. Too many times I see a team run the clock and have to force up a bad shot at/near the buzzer. If it wasn’t Macy/Maddy taking the shot, then yes I have an issue.

Overall it was a hard fought game. They just made more plays at the end. We had a chance and just couldn’t finish. Need to learn and move on.

USD is going to be scary next year. Slide Sjerven into the line-up in place of Ariens and keep rolling. We are going to need some serious growth from players and some impact Freshman to keep pace.

Comment

And for being 6'3 or whatever, Sjerven is on her ass way too much. That was obnoxious. Really not necessary to fall to the ground literally every time you get slapped on the arm when you shoot.

But she is good. Wish we had a true 5 with her size and skill.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              Agree. The coaching staff can't run out on the floor and grab her.
                              No, but teaching, or rather coaching game situations and best courses of actions to take in certain game situations is the job usually given to the coaching staff. I don't fault anyone, just hope we learn from it, and to correct a proplem, you first have to Identify it, at least that's what I was always taught.

Comment

Did you not read the circumstances of when she took the shot?....let me reiterate then....a long three when we had a good 10 sec or so of time left on the shot clock to burn off yet, up two with 18 sec left.....take an ill advised shot where missing it means they have more time to get the tying shot to go in.....it has to be drilled into their heads how to make the clock your friend.....that has to come from coaching.....I'll give a break this early game, but if it happens again, it'll probably be a much bigger game and the outcome might very well be the same.....Macy didn't have to take the shot right then and there...to her credit, she is exactly who you said she was, and probably thought she had to deliver the killing shot, but we might have won another way....all I'm saying
                                Couple things. 1. It wasn’t a bad shot and I wouldn’t call it a long 3 she was about a foot behind the line. if she is that wide open you want her taking that shot. 2. They might not it have gotten a look that good if they run more time off. 3. Even if they run more time off usd calls timeout and advances it and runs the extra time off anyways.

The real problem with that sequence was Larson fouling 90ft from the basket up 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X