Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs USD Coyotes @ SCSC

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    I attended both games. There's no way it was a "capacity crowd" as announced by the public address announcer before the tip of the women's game. At least 25 percent of the seats were empty at the start of the women's game. By halftime of the men's game the place was half empty. Someone might have bought all the tickets and thrown a bunch away, but it wasn't a capacity crowd. I agree with you on the zone, though. It worked well.
    Sold out is likely the description that should have been continued rather than capacity crowd. (However, the PA guy would not surprise anyone with what comes from his hot mike.) It(larger crowds) happens frequently where season ticketholders support a program financially but they do not attend. ORU is likely the leader of that situation.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Usd sure looked lost with out TBM. He is their most important player. Our zone was ok but against a good shooting team they are going to make more of those 3s we left open.
      We won't play zone that much against a team that can hurt us with it.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        I am okay. Without Burch-Manning USD was kind of lost, but next we play them BM will be back and it might be a different game. Can one player make that much difference?
        No, Burch-Manning wasn't the difference in the game any more than Daum's 4-point outing and limited minutes. SDSU would have had to stink it up big time to lose to the Coyotes on Sunday.
        This space for lease.

Comment

No, Burch-Manning wasn't the difference in the game any more than Daum's 4-point outing and limited minutes. SDSU would have had to stink it up big time to lose to the Coyotes on Sunday.
          Okie dokie

Comment

The point I was making, that when USD threw up a brick, there was no challenge for the rebound, the other potential rebounders took off for the other end. We had three guys rebounding and we had all day to set up our play. Burch-Manning as I recall often challenged Daum for rebounds. I think Mr. Lee has got to get his act together or they lose another in Brookings next month. Unchallenged rebounds is part of defense too. The USD new players did not seem to get that part of the game. And that why we won by a margin. I don't recall the score off hand. Daum by the way was two or three time covered so is it any wonder he only got 4 points. His coverage opens up the game for Jenkins and Flatten.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              The point I was making, that when USD threw up a brick, there was no challenge for the rebound, the other potential rebounders took off for the other end. We had three guys rebounding and we had all day to set up our play. Burch-Manning as I recall often challenged Daum for rebounds. I think Mr. Lee has got to get his act together or they lose another in Brookings next month. Unchallenged rebounds is part of defense too. The USD new players did not seem to get that part of the game. And that why we won by a margin. I don't recall the score off hand. Daum by the way was two or three time covered so is it any wonder he only got 4 points. His coverage opens up the game for Jenkins and Flatten.
              If USD beats us in Brookings, I predict this board will explode.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                If USD beats us in Brookings, I predict this board will explode.
                Most likely soo!!!

Comment

Working...
                X