GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs USD Coyotes @ SCSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs USD Coyotes @ SCSC

Jacks are lucky to have this kind of lead with both Daum and Jenkins out-of-sorts. Thank god for Alex Arians.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Jacks are lucky to have this kind of lead with both Daum and Jenkins out-of-sorts. Thank god for Alex Arians.
      And Flatten.

Comment

Strange game, but I'll take an 18 point win on their court, with Daum only scoring 4... any day.

Pretty sure the zone was a gameplan decision... USD doesn't shoot it well.

And it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
          Strange game, but I'll take an 18 point win on their court, with Daum only scoring 4... any day.

Pretty sure the zone was a gameplan decision... USD doesn't shoot it well.

And it worked.
          Great win today. Never easy winning there. USD has a long long ways to go.

Comment

2-1 and all 3 road games. We should be ok with that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              2-1 and all 3 road games. We should be ok with that.
              I am okay. Without Burch-Manning USD was kind of lost, but next we play them BM will be back and it might be a different game. Can one player make that much difference?

Comment

Stanley Umude is really impressive. I'm glad they decided to burn his redshirt last year for a few garbage time minutes.

Comment

Teams are in daums head with the flops. They just crowd him with 2 or 3 guys and anytime he moves some one flops. Coaches need to help him figure out how to attack so refs dont bail out the defense with the flops.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That was one of the weirdest games that I've ever attended. It definitely was a sellout - people just left after the women's game.

I'm 100% sure that the crowd had no energy left after that 2OT women's game. I didn't. I was drained and really tired. 30 minute intermission between games killed every bit of buzz left in there. You could tell the players felt it as well.

I loved the zone against USD. They couldn't shoot worth ****. I know they have a lot of injuries, but yikes. I did like whoever their #0 was though.
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      That was one of the weirdest games that I've ever attended. It definitely was a sellout - people just left after the women's game.

I'm 100% sure that the crowd had no energy left after that 2OT women's game. I didn't. I was drained and really tired. 30 minute intermission between games killed every bit of buzz left in there. You could tell the players felt it as well.

I loved the zone against USD. They couldn't shoot worth ****. I know they have a lot of injuries, but yikes. I did like whoever their #0 was though.
                      Yeah that was my first time down there as well. Nice place to watch baskeball but after the womens game it slowly startred to clear out. I was pretty much able to beat the traffic simply by staying until the end of the game. Also that announcer was awful even when usd was jacking 3's at the end of the game down 20 he was hypeing them up.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                        Yeah that was my first time down there as well. Nice place to watch baskeball but after the womens game it slowly startred to clear out. I was pretty much able to beat the traffic simply by staying until the end of the game. Also that announcer was awful even when usd was jacking 3's at the end of the game down 20 he was hypeing them up.
                        Did you find his "hysterics" when a Jack had their 5th foul a bit over the top as well?

Comment

Watching the game it sure felt like we played poorly and still should have won by 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Usd sure looked lost with out TBM. He is their most important player. Our zone was ok but against a good shooting team they are going to make more of those 3s we left open.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post

I attended both games. There's no way it was a "capacity crowd" as announced by the public address announcer before the tip of the women's game. At least 25 percent of the seats were empty at the start of the women's game. By halftime of the men's game the place was half empty. Someone might have bought all the tickets and thrown a bunch away, but it wasn't a capacity crowd. I agree with you on the zone, though. It worked well.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Usd sure looked lost with out TBM. He is their most important player. Our zone was ok but against a good shooting team they are going to make more of those 3s we left open.
                                Chalk me up as one who thought our zone was horrible, but worked on USD because they were more horrible. There were several times when they passed the ball into the middle of the zone inside the free throw line and no one would step up to guard the guy. The guy wouldn't take an 8' jump shot and just passed the ball back out to the perimeter.

And there were a ton of open threes like you said USD is a bad shooting team.

Ultimately, I think the zone was a good call for this particular opponent, but not going to be a scheme we will see permanently.

Comment

Working...
                                X