Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Projected 2019 2 Deeps -

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    If my count is correct, the updated roster has 87 players. The commit list is right at 30, with the potential for a few more. That puts the roster at north of 115 players for next season. I realize that many of the recruits receive partial scholarships or no money at all in some cases, but doesn't that roster size mean that some cutting will need to happen ?
    Do we know if there is anyone in the transfer pool? I think we'll see more attrition after spring semester. It seems kids will see where the pecking order is and make decisions based on the depth chart. I could see us losing a couple corners, QB's, and wide receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      If my count is correct, the updated roster has 87 players. The commit list is right at 30, with the potential for a few more. That puts the roster at north of 115 players for next season. I realize that many of the recruits receive partial scholarships or no money at all in some cases, but doesn't that roster size mean that some cutting will need to happen ?
      I think the relevant NCAA rule allows for 105 players to be on a roster before the first day of class or the first game, whichever comes first. But once school begins, there is no limit.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        I think the relevant NCAA rule allows for 105 players to be on a roster before the first day of class or the first game, whichever comes first. But once school begins, there is no limit.
        I believe a roster size limit was implemented by the coaches (not by NCAA but by admin) last year after spring ball and that is why there were post-spring ball cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
          I believe a roster size limit was implemented by the coaches (not by NCAA but by admin) last year after spring ball and that is why there were post-spring ball cuts.
          Yes. Last year the SDSU admin clamped down and forced the coaches to get the roster down to 105. As Bulldog said, there will likely be a few cuts and transfers out. They may also hold a couple of the PWOs to the spring semester.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I believe the FCS Level has 62 scholarships to divide up amongst 85 athletes. The FBS Level has 85 scholarships to divide up amongst 95 athletes. There is a fall camp roster size limit, must be 105 based off the above comments. Once school starts there is no NCAA roster size limit that I know of. There are travel roster size limits though, whether those are NCAA or Conference based rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the hayday of Nebraska's walk on program, their roster sizes were like 200 once school started?

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
              I believe the FCS Level has 62 scholarships to divide up amongst 85 athletes. The FBS Level has 85 scholarships to divide up amongst 95 athletes. There is a fall camp roster size limit, must be 105 based off the above comments. Once school starts there is no NCAA roster size limit that I know of. There are travel roster size limits though, whether those are NCAA or Conference based rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the hayday of Nebraska's walk on program, their roster sizes were like 200 once school started?
              FCS is 63 and can be spread out among 85 guys. FBS is 85 but they aren't allowed to offer partials as it is considered a "head count sport". MBB & WBB are the same in that regard at the D1 level.

Not a legit source but the first one I found: https://www.active.com/football/arti...l-scholarships

Comment

FWIW, Gibbs took first team reps today at the first spring ball practice.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  FWIW, Gibbs took first team reps today at the first spring ball practice.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Anymore updates today?? Anyone still healing from anything nagging at the end of the year or postseason surgeries?? Will Eck be installing a different offense? Same terminology but different philosophy? What about D?

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      Anymore updates today?? Anyone still healing from anything nagging at the end of the year or postseason surgeries?? Will Eck be installing a different offense? Same terminology but different philosophy? What about D?
                      Seconded. How does Gibbs look after a couple practices w the ones? Is he splitting time with the ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Any news from spring ball?

Comment

It got overlooked with all the basketball news yesterday, but WR Isaiah Hill tweeted that he has entered his name into the NCAA transfer portal and that his recruitment is open.

Comment

For how big this spring is for the qb position this is by far the quietest spring ball I can remember. Goodness not a squeak of news.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              For how big this spring is for the qb position this is by far the quietest spring ball I can remember. Goodness not a squeak of news.
                              Zim had Q&A with Eck on Saturday.
                              https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...ck/3313214002/

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Man, can’t believe I missed that. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X