Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Projected 2019 2 Deeps -

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Jaden Snyder isn't listed on 2019 roster. Bulldog what's up?
    Interesting... He was lifting with the team 3 weeks ago...

https://twitter.com/SDStateStrength/...93335968931847

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvjo_5eA...=1kg35r9qxf2a8

This may have something to do with it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvjo_5eA...=1kg35r9qxf2a8

This may have something to do with it???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I would say yes... that's it. Looks like a lot of Jacks players replied in support.

Comment

Speaking of roster, I don't see a punter listed. Are we going to be that efficient with our offense this year that we don't need a punter?

I can't see Chase punting, although his uncle was more than acceptable as a punter during his college career while splitting duties as our kicker.

Will Cole Frahm or Jake Wolfe give it a try? In December, Westside had mentioned that Ben Dinkel from Kearney, NE and part of the 2017 class would be back on the roster. He's not listed.

The final option I see is true freshman Michael Drotzman from Yankton.

Comment

Long overdue update. Sorry about that.

Additions:
            Matt Clark (OL) sounds like he has his life cleaned up and looks GREAT. Will compete to start at a guard spot.
            Ben Dinkel (P). Huge leg and can put both normal and rugby style.
            Mason Leighton (WR). Transfer from DSU. Will work in the slot. Shifty and just gets open.

Subtractions:
            Jaden Snyder: Wants to play baseball instead.
            Nick Garlisch: Knee injury last fall. Really feel bad as he is a great kid.
            Josh Fenske: Typical walk-on challenges.
            Isaiah Hill: Needs to be closer to home.

Position changes:
            Justin Roberts (WR) formerly QB.

Stars of Spring:
            Zach Heins
            Levi Brown
            Ti'Jaih Davis
            CJ and Pierre

News:
            Hearing rumblings that Genant may sit out this year as a redshirt to recovery from a variety of injuries. Boen/Miller/Domandle will wrestle for the starting center spot with Lickiss, Miller, and Clark fighting to be the guards. Right tackle remains a concern but Aaron Johnson is the leading candidate.

It's a two-man race at QB between Gibbs and Walding.

Preston Tetzlaff, Levi Brown and Kyle Tuttle are the primary backup linebackers. The incoming freshmen will compete for playing time but the top 6 is pretty solid only 2 other LBs on roster currently so there will be opportunities.

Michael Griffin and Josh Manchigiah are taking first team reps at safety.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Are the QBs essentially 50/50 or does one have an edge?
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Additions:
                Matt Clark (OL) sounds like he has his life cleaned up and looks GREAT. Will compete to start at a guard spot.
                Mason Leighton (WR). Transfer from DSU. Will work in the slot. Shifty and just gets open.

Subtractions:

Position changes:

Stars of Spring:
                Zach Heins
                Levi Brown
                Ti'Jaih Davis
                CJ and Pierre

News:
                Hearing rumblings that Genant may sit out this year as a redshirt to recovery from a variety of injuries. Boen/Miller/Domandle will wrestle for the starting center spot with Lickiss, Miller, and Clark fighting to be the guards. Right tackle remains a concern but Aaron Johnson is the leading candidate.

Preston Tetzlaff, Levi Brown and Kyle Tuttle are the primary backup linebackers. The incoming freshmen will compete for playing time but the top 6 is pretty solid only 2 other LBs on roster currently so there will be opportunities.

What was the deal with Clark if you can explain?

Where was Hill from?

Interesting news about Genant. Hope he makes the right choice to get right. He would be missed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Additions:

Subtractions:

Position changes:

Stars of Spring:
                  Zach Heins
                  Levi Brown
                  Ti'Jaih Davis
                  CJ and Pierre

News:

Interesting development/news on Jadyn Snyder. He was pegged to be a potential difference maker, right?
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Additions:
                    Interesting addition. Leighton set the DSU single season receiving yards record last year going for 1,318 yards last season. He had the fastest 10 and 15 yard sprints in spring ball for SDSU ​during spring workouts this year. When you consider the talent that Madison HS had on their back-to-back state championship teams, it says a lot when he was selected as the Class 11A player of the year.

From his twitter page with teammates Jadon and Jaxon Janke.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Where was Hill from?

Interesting news about Genant. Hope he makes the right choice to get right. He would be missed.

Hill is from the Chicago area.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post

Clark, you may recall, was suspended for 6 games to start the 2017 season. Right as his suspension was up, he was dismissed/left the team. I don't know the details but I think the 6 game suspension should be an indicator if you follow NCAA penalties for football.
                        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                          Are we going to be that efficient with our offense this year that we don't need a punter?
                          No More Mercy Punting! I'm glad that we finally have an OC that has the heart of a warrior and isn't going to give the ball back to the other team out of some unfounded sense of "fair play". No, finally we have a guy who doesn't care about "making the game more entertaining" for fans.

Sure, we may see a drop in attendance when Eck is Pine-Bluffing everyone. But it will set the tone for the program. Fans are just going to have to buy into the new culture.

/sarc off

Comment

Clark, you may recall, was suspended for 6 games to start the 2017 season. Right as his suspension was up, he was dismissed/left the team. I don't know the details but I think the 6 game suspension should be an indicator if you follow NCAA penalties for football.
                            It appears to be a second chance. I hope it works

Comment

Comment

Has anyone heard where Alex Wilde ended up?

Comment

Working...
                                X