Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Top SDSU Players By State

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    This is really a good question for discussion. Keep in mind this thread was started to look at players from the D1 era. I went back to the 2007 season and we've not had one player on the roster from North Dakota. That is somewhat remarkable when you consider how close they are. I don't remember too many that we've actually recruited.

There have been a number of quality players from South Dakota that have helped the Bison and I'm sure a few more who've contributed to the Fighting whatever's. I contribute it to two things. More players in South Dakota and the Bison have won numerous national championships at multiple levels. It would be interesting to compile a list of notable contributors for NDSU and UND from the Rushmore state. No time today for me to look up that information.
    I thought we signed an O-Lineman from Minot in the last couple years. Maybe he never rostered.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
      I thought we signed an O-Lineman from Minot in the last couple years. Maybe he never rostered.
      Walk-on. Colton Cook, Minot, ND. Was cut last spring. Went to Minnesota-Moorhead.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
        This is really a good question for discussion. Keep in mind this thread was started to look at players from the D1 era. I went back to the 2007 season and we've not had one player on the roster from North Dakota. That is somewhat remarkable when you consider how close they are. I don't remember too many that we've actually recruited.

There have been a number of quality players from South Dakota that have helped the Bison and I'm sure a few more who've contributed to the Fighting whatever's. I contribute it to two things. More players in South Dakota and the Bison have won numerous national championships at multiple levels. It would be interesting to compile a list of notable contributors for NDSU and UND from the Rushmore state. No time today for me to look up that information.
        Honestly, South Dakota just produces more talent year in and year out, plain and simple. The best players in ND generally only get offers from NDSU, UND and I know we have ventured up there a couple time with offers in the last decade. The best players in SD get offers from B10 and B12 schools with the SDSU, NDSU and USD getting the second level of players.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          Honestly, South Dakota just produces more talent year in and year out, plain and simple. The best players in ND generally only get offers from NDSU, UND and I know we have ventured up there a couple time with offers in the last decade. The best players in SD get offers from B10 and B12 schools with the SDSU, NDSU and USD getting the second level of players.
          Makes sense, SD has 100K more people as loses very few High-end athletes to hockey compared to ND.

Comment

Working...
          X