Big week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big week

SDSU plays @ a 2-0 IPFW team tomorrow and then on Sunday they play @USD. USD may be 0-1 but they will be at home and want to beat SDSU. SDSU could lose a game @ Denver or somewhere else but I think if SDSU goes 2-0 this week they have a real good shot of running the conference schedule.
    The women's game on Sunday might tell a lot about how those two teams stack up this year, too.

Re: Big week

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    SDSU plays @ a 2-0 IPFW team tomorrow and then on Sunday they play @USD. USD may be 0-1 but they will be at home and want to beat SDSU. SDSU could lose a game @ Denver or somewhere else but I think if SDSU goes 2-0 this week they have a real good shot of running the conference schedule.
    The women's game on Sunday might tell a lot about how those two teams stack up this year, too.
    Just reading the game notes. Jon Konchar hasn't graduated yet? Seems like he's been there about 7 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Just reading the game notes. Jon Konchar hasn't graduated yet? Seems like he's been there about 7 years.
      They say the same thing about Mike Daum.

Yes, it's a big week. Hope the team shows up ready to roll tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
        Both Konchar and Flatten are pretty much non-trads at this point!

Getting two wins would be huge. Especially in the shiny new septic tank in Verm. Might be a fun road trip!
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Konchar, like Daum, could have played for any team in the country as a grad transfer, but he chose to come back to PFW and finish out his outstanding career. Kid is fun to watch anyway, but he's easy to root for as well. Easily my favorite non-Jackrabbit in Summit League history.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Konchar, like Daum, could have played for any team in the country as a grad transfer, but he chose to come back to PFW and finish out his outstanding career. Kid is fun to watch anyway, but he's easy to root for as well. Easily my favorite non-Jackrabbit in Summit League history.
            I’m with you on Konchar - he’s a warrior that’s made the Summit a better league. I wish we had a bunch more like him. It’s a shame they don’t have more fans at FW to appreciate that talent.

FW is going to be extra scary in Sioux Falls because he’ll have his back up against the wall. I don’t think he’ll go quietly - it should be quite a show.

Tonight I assume TK will handle guarding him much of the time. This would be a fine time to see the foul trouble issues begin to fade.

Comment

The next game in Vermillion likely will be a full house if a few students get back to the Arena before classes begin. It is unlikely we will see a Konchar and Harrell type duo. Defense will be needed by the yotes for this game to be competitive. Hopefully 88 Jackrabbit points will be enough points on Sunday. I will be interested if the Jackrabbits will continue with Dillon or go smaller against the Yotes. We will need the bettors find the lines for this matchup, but I think Jackrabbits by 7 should be a close guess even though they tanked against the Mastodons on the road. This should be the breaking of the ice for Jackrabbit men to get a win at the Sanford Sports Center. The big week is not over.....it just started out a bit rough.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
              X