Summit WBB 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit WBB 2018-19

Gonzaga lost it's 2nd game to BYU (unranked).Gonzaga was ranked #13 in the top 25,I have no quibble with Gonzaga being a #13 ranked team and being able to host the first two games in the NCAA tournament, (we'll see about that after this last loss).My main concern is that now, people will start to argue that the WCC now should send two teams to the tournament, i don't even care if that happens, unless, that results in the Summit losing one of it's entrants into the NCAA tournament. There's a pretty common belief and a wide spread opinion that the Summit should qualify two entrants into the NCAA tournament this season, sure would hate to see that jeopardized by another conference taking one of our projected spots in the NCAA Tourney, that would be a grave injustice IMHO.I don't think it will, if we and USD aren't on the "first four out" and "2nd four out" lists, but I'm a worrywart.

Comment

BYU swept Gonzaga. But they also lost to a 6-18 Southern Utah. I dont think we have any bad losses like that.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        BYU swept Gonzaga. But they also lost to a 6-18 Southern Utah. I dont think we have any bad losses like that.
        You're right, their resume isn't that strong now that you've brought up BYU's schedule, I feel better now knowing they aren't as great a threat as I mistakenly thought they might be.I am so looking forward to this years NCAA Tournament if we get two teams in from the Summit,to see what kind of damage both Universities can do.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          "Let me count the ways" Awesome South, Real South, Super South Big South, etc!
          Just come across this today, little do people know, there is an officially nicknamed "South" University, it's the University of South Alabama ,member of the Sun Belt Conference. Ripley's believe it or not.....

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            Another NDSU player leaves the team: 6’5” Macey Kvilvang. If Walseth isn’t gone after this year they may not be able to field a team next year.
            https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...CXW5QY.twitter
            This will be NDSU Junior Guard Tyrah Spencer final season due to a nagging knee injury.
            https://twitter.com/bshawnmidcosn/st...723189248?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              Gonzaga lost it's 2nd game to BYU (unranked).Gonzaga was ranked #13 in the top 25,I have no quibble with Gonzaga being a #13 ranked team and being able to host the first two games in the NCAA tournament, (we'll see about that after this last loss).My main concern is that now, people will start to argue that the WCC now should send two teams to the tournament, i don't even care if that happens, unless, that results in the Summit losing one of it's entrants into the NCAA tournament. There's a pretty common belief and a wide spread opinion that the Summit should qualify two entrants into the NCAA tournament this season, sure would hate to see that jeopardized by another conference taking one of our projected spots in the NCAA Tourney, that would be a grave injustice IMHO.I don't think it will, if we and USD aren't on the "first four out" and "2nd four out" lists, but I'm a worrywart.
              http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

The latest bracket by Crème has BYU moving into the bracket, and SDSU and USD have not only stayed in but have actually moved up to 6 and 7 seeds. Quite honestly, give me our matchups at a 7 over USD as a 6 (I would much rather play Stanford than Oregon State).

The mid-majors are getting plenty of love (at least by Charlie). Conferences with multiple bids include the Summit, MVC, WCC, and the MAC. I wonder if 4 mid major conferences have ever gotten multiple bids to the NCAA's before?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

The latest bracket by Crème has BYU moving into the bracket, and SDSU and USD have not only stayed in but have actually moved up to 6 and 7 seeds. Quite honestly, give me our matchups at a 7 over USD as a 6 (I would much rather play Stanford than Oregon State).

The mid-majors are getting plenty of love (at least by Charlie). Conferences with multiple bids include the Summit, MVC, WCC, and the MAC. I wonder if 4 mid major conferences have ever gotten multiple bids to the NCAA's before?
                The RPI's are at 31 (USD) and 34 (SDSU). At this point I'd say that USD can pretty much pack their bags. They'd have to lose to both us in Brookings and get knocked off by someone else in Sioux Falls to even worry a little. If we win Sunday we should be safe (assuming we don't get upset by a non-USD school in SF). I'd be pretty excited about what this team could do with a 6,7, 10, or 11 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

I might add Graham Hays ( for the entire State of SD anyway,and surrounding area) and his latest Mid-Major poll instating USD and SDSU as #1 and #2,and his complimentary article following.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-22-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

There is a rough game in Grand Forks today as Denver leads UND 26-20 after 1 quarter. There have been 15 fouls called for 21 free throws already.

Halftime 47-35 for Denver. 27 fouls and 38 free throws.
                    Last edited by OldHare; 02-23-2019, 12:00 PM.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

OT in Grand Forks as there have been 52 fouls(32 on Denver and 20 on UND) 78-78 is score. 46 FT UND and 21 Denver
                      3 fouled out for Denver in regulation.

Denver 92 UND 91 Final
                      Last edited by OldHare; 02-23-2019, 01:32 PM.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

My eyes are hurting as Omaha Leads NDSU 34-26 going into the last quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                          My eyes are hurting as Omaha Leads NDSU 34-26 going into the last quarter.
                          Rofl. That's funny, right there!
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I think Summit League WBB will have another breakthrough this year. There will be two teams ranked in the final regular season poll. There are just a few things that will need to happen.
                            1) SDSU has to beat Western Illinois.
                            2) USD has to beat both UND and NDSU at home.

and then there are several possible scenario's.

#22 Florida State loses to #17 Syracuse.
                            #21 Arizona State Loses to either/both #9 Oregon State or #6 Oregon.
                            #20 Iowa State loses to #18 Texas.
                            #19 Texas A&M loses to #11 Kentucky
                            #18 Texas loses to #1 Baylor and #20 Iowa State.
                            #17 Syracuse loses to #4 Notre Dame and/or #22 Florida State.

If Syracuse or Texas loses both games, they will drop out. If they lose one game, they might stay ahead of SDSU and USD. If either of them beat the team that is ranked in the 20's, SDSU and USD should jump ahead of them.
                            I do not know if #19 Texas A&M or #20 Iowa State will drop below SDSU and USD if they just lose one game to a ranked team.
                            I think enough will happen that both teams are ranked. I do not see how they could leave a ranked team out of the NCAA tournament.

Comment

#23 Drake has four conference games left against teams with winning records as well. Decent chance they lose at least one of those games and drop from the rankings.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                This will be NDSU Junior Guard Tyrah Spencer final season due to a nagging knee injury.
                                https://twitter.com/bshawnmidcosn/st...723189248?s=21
                                Sarah Jacobson is no longer a member of NDSU’s team.

Comment

Working...
                                X