Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit WBB 2018-19

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    As if it wasn't already going to be hyped enough, it looks like the game on February 24 is going to essentially be a play-in game for the NCAA tournament. I'd assume that the winner of that game will unofficially know they are going the the tournament.

Our RPI is currently 28 and theirs is 39. ESPN bracketology currently has both teams in as 8-seeds.
    Whoever wins should get better than an eight seed, I would think.Probably a #7 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      Whoever wins should get better than an eight seed, I would think.Probably a #7 ?
      The problem is you probably play a #2 seed on their home court.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        So you are telling me that SDSU should lose a couple of games and shoot for a #12? J.K.

I don't see them getting any higher than a #7 (maybe #6 if things fall really right). That means they will be somewhere in the 7-10 range unless they lose two or more from here on out. I don't know if they will still get in if they lose 3 but that would drop them to around a #12 if they still get in.

Comment

If life was not hard enough in Ft Wayne, this must be stress boiling over.
          https://www.wfft.com/content/news/Pu...505727231.html
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            So, USD women are ranked #25 in the AP poll.

It is a pretty big deal. I thought it was a big deal when the 2008-09 Jackrabbits were ranked for 11 weeks from mid-season to the final poll. The news reported (AP story) I read today said Oral Roberts was ranked for a week in 1983. I recall reading somewhere that in the old Midcontinent Conf days, Northern Illinois was ranked too.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
              Still better than playing a #1 seed on their home court if we have a #8 seed, theoretically at least, if we win the rd of 64 opener . All teams who make it to the 2nd rd have to face a #! thru #4 seed (barring an upset) on their home court to get to the elusive sweet 16, that's why it's so hard to do, we've come within 1 pt (#4 seed Stanford in '16) and 2 pts ( our first try against #2 seed Baylor in '09) of doing it in 8 tries in the tournament, hopefully we can break thru that barrier this year, if we get that opportunity.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-12-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                If life was not hard enough in Ft Wayne, this must be stress boiling over.
                https://www.wfft.com/content/news/Pu...505727231.html
                I miss Chris Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                  I miss Chris Paul.
                  He was one of the few Summit coaches besides the Jacks and now USD ,W Ill , ORU , can't remember any others , to lead a Summit team to victory over a ranked P-5 team. What was impressive is they beat Michigan State (ranked #21/18) on their own court back in 2013 when they were a top 25 ranked team. He was an OK coach in my opinion. He was Always respectful toward SDSU wbb, despite so many losses to them.
                  Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-12-2019, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Yeah. Now he's a HS AD.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Re: Summit WBB 2018-19

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      He was one of the few Summit coaches besides the Jacks and now USD ,W Ill , ORU , can't remember any others , to lead a Summit team to victory over a ranked P-5 team. What was impressive is they beat Michigan State (ranked #21/18) on their own court back in 2013 when they were a top 25 ranked team. He was an OK coach in my opinion. He was Always respectful toward SDSU wbb, despite so many losses to them.
                      But what would he call us now that USD is in the Summit? We wouldn’t be “South” anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        But what would he call us now that USD is in the Summit? We wouldn’t be “South” anymore.
                        "Let me count the ways" Awesome South, Real South, Super South Big South, etc!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          "Let me count the ways" Awesome South, Real South, Super South Big South, etc!
                          But then that wouldn’t be vintage Chris Paul! He was an entertaining character, unlike Nelson (until the alleged player abuse at least).

Still some interesting battles left in the conference:
                          1. State/U for the top 2 seeds
                          2. Battle of the next tier for the 3rd seed. WIU has a comfortable lead, but have feasted on the bottom of the league their last 8 (7 of 8, with 2 wins against each of the bottom 3 teams). They end with ORU/USD at home and DU/us on the road. See them at best splitting, but most likely finish 1-3 in those which brings ORU and Denver back into the mix.
                          3. The “who stays home” battle. I think NDSU is safe, so comes down to PFW and Omaha. PFW has the tie breaker, so Omaha needs 2 of their last 5. This most likely means beating PFW at home and on the road at Fargo. I don’t see PFW winning another game now that they have a coaching distraction on top of a lack of talent. Seems like an implosion is imminent there.

Comment

Omaha still has hope for the SLT as Mastodons lose 82-62 at Denver and Bison bow to ORU at Fargo 65-54. Mavs could get in with a sweep over PFW & NDSU. There could be 3 new coaches next year in that group
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Omaha wins at Baxter. Mastodons are at the bottom.

UND loses to ORU at Grand Forks. Klabo not looking like POY.

Comment

Quarter 1 in the books as Leathernecks lead Yotes 16-15

Comment

Working...
                                X