Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit WBB 2018-19

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    There was 63 called fouls in the Yotes game. In a blowout! WTF are the officials thinking?
    I would actually go back and watch the game in an effort to answer that question, but it seems like about 6 hours of my life I would never get back so I think I'll pass!

Comment

[QUOTE=2002jack;341577]There was 63 called fouls in the Yotes game. In a blowout! WTF are the officials thinking?[/QUO

For me many women's games have become unwatchable due to the number of fouls called. The officials need to let them play a
      more physical brand of basketball.. Its no fun for the players, coaches or fans!

Comment

Preseason Poll...………………………….Actual
        1.SDSU...…………………………………...1.SDSU(7-1)
        2.USD...……………………………………...USD(7-1)
        3.WIU...……………………………………..3. Denver(5-3)
        4.ORU...……………………………………..4.WIU(4-4)
        5.Denver...………………………………...5.ORU(4-4)
        6.UND...………………………………………6.NDSU(3-5)
        7.NDSU...…………………………………….UND(3-5)
        8.Omaha...………………………………….8.PFW(2-6)
        9.PFW...……………………………………….9.Omaha(1-7)
        Preseason choices appear close at this point in time. Mastodons win 2 in a row. How far back has that happened?
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

February 22, 27, & March 1 2014 the Mastodons won 3 conference games in a row. Since that year, they had won 9 conference games in 4 years and 2 games this year.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I see that on February 2nd, ORU is going to retire Kevi Luper's jersey as part of their Hall of Fame activities. I'm wondering if SDSU will go in there and get the win. She was a great player and she was really fun to watch but they could not get over the SDSU hump to get to the NCAA tournament while she was playing there. They did leave the Summit League her senior year and she made it to the tourney in the Southland Conference.
            SDSU will have difficult road trip this weekend. They play @Denver and @ORU. USD lost @Denver and only won @ORU by 4 points and their games were on two separate road trips. SDSU has both of those games on one trip.
            I didn't know if the whole Kevi thing would turn into smack but I put it here for now.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
              I see that on February 2nd, ORU is going to retire Kevi Luper's jersey as part of their Hall of Fame activities. I'm wondering if SDSU will go in there and get the win. She was a great player and she was really fun to watch but they could not get over the SDSU hump to get to the NCAA tournament while she was playing there. They did leave the Summit League her senior year and she made it to the tourney in the Southland Conference.
              SDSU will have difficult road trip this weekend. They play @Denver and @ORU. USD lost @Denver and only won @ORU by 4 points and their games were on two separate road trips. SDSU has both of those games on one trip.
              I didn't know if the whole Kevi thing would turn into smack but I put it here for now.
              I really enjoyed watching Kevi play. Those were some fun games
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                I really enjoyed watching Kevi play. Those were some fun games
                It's all fun and games until somebody Drop-kicks a Basketball.

Comment

Kevi Luper is the all time leading scorer in Conference history, and she did it in just 3 seasons. ORU was a high possession team causing numerous TO's and getting a lot of steals. Kevi and Jaci Bigham were the two relied upon for providing most of the scoring, so they did, to the tune of 2,277 (3 yr Summit total)and 2,867 for Kevi and Jaci had a little over 1,500 pts for their careers. Macy has always been on a talent laden team that had great scorers at each position, so she wasn't as relied on to score as much as maybe Kevi and Jaci of ORU were. If and when Macy breaks the record, it will be a great accomplishment, as players of their caliber don't come along all that often. Kevi was a great player and well deserves the recognition that will be bestowed upon her, congrats to her.

Comment

We can certainly appreciate the talent of Luper and Bigham. It will be fitting that Kristin Rotert will be present at this ceremony as she was a BIG part of the run SDSU had over ORU during that era. Those were some great games in the SLT.
                    Last edited by OldHare; 01-30-2019, 07:45 PM.

Comment

There is a close game in Tulsa(compared to the MBB in Ft Wayne) as the Mastodon women are vying for a rare 3 in a row win. Currently they are coming up way short with 38% shooting compared to ORU at 50%. 40-30 halftime lead for Golden Eagles

Comment

Golden Eagles extinguish Mastodons attempt for 3 in a row. 66-56 ORU as they outrebound PFW by 13.

Comment

https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...ens-basketball
                          Now this is a brass knuckle story in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...ens-basketball
                            Now this is a brass knuckle story in Fargo.
                            The story is just a year or two late. It is possible NDSU will be looking for two head BB coaches in the offseason. I could see Richman maybe getting one more year, but wouldn't be surprised if both are let go.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                              The story is just a year or two late. It is possible NDSU will be looking for two head BB coaches in the offseason. I could see Richman maybe getting one more year, but wouldn't be surprised if both are let go.
                              Richman is likely to give Izzo some gift certificates for some lunches so he does not write a story about the MBB in Fargo.

Comment

Western beat Und 111-90.

Comment

Working...
                                X