Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit WBB 2018-19

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
    NDSU names four finalists for wbb coach...
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...l-coaching-job
    Looks like a solid list. I guess I'm all for Ard, but not for the right reasons I'm sure...

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      Looks like a solid list. I guess I'm all for Ard, but not for the right reasons I'm sure...
      Ditto.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
        NDSU names four finalists for wbb coach...
        https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...l-coaching-job
        Unconfirmed reports saying Kansas assistant Jory Collins will be the new NDSU head coach after Drake assistant Allison Pohlman turned it down.

edit: Of course I post that as unconfirmed, and then NDSU goes and announces it 15 min later. Lol.
        Last edited by Hammersmith; 04-29-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
          Unconfirmed reports saying Kansas assistant Jory Collins will be the new NDSU head coach after Drake assistant Allison Pohlman turned it down.
          Your take on that Hammersmith? He comes from a program that isn't very good (13-18 overall, 2-16 in conference) although I understand he's only been at KU for 1 year after a very successful run at Emporia State.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            Your take on that Hammersmith? He comes from a program that isn't very good (13-18 overall, 2-16 in conference) although I understand he's only been at KU for 1 year after a very successful run at Emporia State.
            I'm not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion. I do know that others that are knowledgeable were pushing for him or were ok with the idea of him. The only one of the candidates that didn't have much support was the assistant from Denver. The only ones pushing for her were doing it because of her appearance and were open about it. (Yes, that's how far NDSU WBB support has fallen.) Most of those supporting Jory point out that he was the only one of the four with head coaching experience. All the others have been assistants their entire careers. That hasn't worked well for the last two of our hires.

Short take: Time will tell, but hopeful.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
              I'm not knowledgeable enough to have an opinion. I do know that others that are knowledgeable were pushing for him or were ok with the idea of him. The only one of the candidates that didn't have much support was the assistant from Denver. The only ones pushing for her were doing it because of her appearance and were open about it. (Yes, that's how far NDSU WBB support has fallen.) Most of those supporting Jory point out that he was the only one of the four with head coaching experience. All the others have been assistants their entire careers. That hasn't worked well for the last two of our hires.

Short take: Time will tell, but hopeful.
              Thanks for the info! Can only go 1 direction from here!

Comment

https://twitter.com/NDSUathletics/st...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://gobison.com/index.aspx?path=wbball

They hired a male for the job is a break in routine.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  1. Lynn Dorn is no longer at NDSU. Word was she would only consider a male as a last resort. Got rid of Hinterstocker(VB), got rid of Cuadrado(WSoc) and only hired a male replacement when there was no other choice, couldn't get rid of Mueller(SB) because of his success, hung onto Dehoff way too long, and gave Walseth a terrible contract on her way out to lock her in(6 years).

2. My suspicion is that Jory, Love and Pohlman all were near the same level after interviews with Ard in a distant 4th place. Pohlman was offered the job first in part because she was female. After she turned it down, Jory was the next choice due to his head coaching experience. But all that is guessing on my part.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    Exactly my thoughts, although he was not the head coach calling the shots, probably didn't get to give much input to the head coach, now being head honcho he can call the shots.My choice was Pohlman oddly enough, but Love was up there too, I'd take either of them.Ard probably needs another stepping stone before she becomes a head coach in Div 1.

Comment

Working...
                    X