Grand Canyon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Canyon

I know this might be old but I heard that Grand Canyon wanted in the Summit League but they were voted down. Does anybody know if this is true? I haven't followed it too much but I think they would be a good add.

Re: Grand Canyon

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
    I know this might be old but I heard that Grand Canyon wanted in the Summit League but they were voted down. Does anybody know if this is true? I haven't followed it too much but I think they would be a good add.
    That would be a brutal travel schedule.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      It reasonable to assume this why they may have been turned down. GCU came to Frost via a guarantee paid by SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        it would be most brutal on them, and they still wanted in.The Summit's not in any position to turn down good candidates, and I got a place in Pheonix, no, just a trailer, would love to go to a Jacks game while down there....Snowbirds vote yes!

I'll bet it's the one's who have really tight budgets, so I guess I can understand their votes.

Comment

Cutting out WIU and PFW and adding NMSU, UVU and GCU would be doable.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
            Cutting out WIU and PFW and adding NMSU, UVU and GCU would be doable.
            UVU? Who are they?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              UVU? Who are they?
              Utah Valley Univ

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                Utah Valley Univ
                Oh oF course, Thank you

Comment

So part of the problem with Grand Canyon in the past was that they were a for-profit school. Schools like Arizona State decided not to schedule them because of this https://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...sity/97949082/
                  When I living in Colorado it sounded like the University of Denver was against playing them as well. Hovever, Grand Canyon is back to non profit status https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...d-go-nonprofit and the Summit should consider them for sure. I think the WAC is pretty happy to have them as they draw amazing wild crowds to their mens games.

Comment

Working...
                  X