X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Fighting Leathernecks @ Macomb

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
    I have video? Is anyone getting sound?
    All I can get on the WIU site is live stats.

Attendance of about 250, Tyler says.
    This space for lease.

Comment

My video is cutting in and out every 20 seconds or so. Audio from the tune-in app (570 WNAX) is working well.

Interesting to see Dillon getting the start today. Will be interesting to see what he does with Gillbeck. Big opportunity.

Comment

I get both audio and video, but only for a half second at a time with about 20-30 seconds of nothing in between.

Comment

It's clearly a WIU problem. The stream jumps in and out. It's streaming, just there's nothing coming in from WIU most of the time.
          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I get both audio and video, but only for a half second at a time with about 20-30 seconds of nothing in between.
            Same here.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

WIU web infrastructure is probably only prepared for their typical internet. Audience of 5 people max.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Stream has picked up some here. although maybe it's because enough users got frustrated and logged off.

LOL.

Surprised by the Alou Dillon start. But TJ does tend to do things like this, that are "out of the blue" to us fans.

Comment

Finally got video and got it sync correctly with Tyler on the radio. Despite the video issues and poor crowd, the Jacks seem to be playing pretty well.
                  Rollin' in my 5.0
                  With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                  Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Looks like a bottom half MIAA team to me, but should be good experience for freshmen.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      You have to wonder about some of our Summit League conference mates. WIU: Nobody goes to any games. They barely have any "media" footprint at all. Can't even keep a stream going. What are these schools doing in D1? What's the ROI for places like WIU? Students pay most of the cost of athletics at those kinds of places. Is the campus reputation enhanced by mediocre teams and pathetic attendance?
                      A good portion of the student body is from suburban Chicago and the only reason they are there is their ACT was not high enough to get into IU. Its a very much a party school. One street was party house row. I worked with some of WIU grads and most of them went back to Macomb for homecoming, and meeting old friends was more important that going to the football game. A basketball game? Are serious? It so different than SDSU where the only game in town drew a bunch of students in my time. Grizzled Jack will tell you we had dances at the Union after the game. A dance at the Union?

Comment

55 points at half: excellent.
                        30 points allowed at half: pretty good.

Doing both of these with Daum sitting at least half the time is very nice.

I like how the Summit season is starting...

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                          Looks like a bottom half MIAA team to me, but should be good experience for freshmen.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if this is how most of the SL teams look against us this year.

Comment

Jacks up 55-30 at halftime.

David Jenkins leads the way with 23 on 8-11 (5-7 from 3) shooting.

Comment

WIU looks nothing like those old Jim Molinari teams which were slow but competent.

Comment

Originally posted by Project-Badass View Post
                                Jacks up 55-30 at halftime.

David Jenkins leads the way with 23 on 8-11 (5-7 from 3) shooting.
                                Looks like he is throwing rocks tonight. 4 point play was nice. Got shooters bounce on another 3.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X