GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Fighting Leathernecks @ Macomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Fighting Leathernecks @ Macomb

Today opens the Summit competition. It is the first of 3 road double headers for men and women. The men are the matinee edition at 4:30 with the women to follow. Tyler is likely to announce both games. SDSU leads the series with WIU at 23-4. WIU has much of last year's team and they have added a couple of freshmen who will have significant minutes. Gilbeck returns and he is currently leading the nation in blocked shots. He also can lead the team at times in personal fouls. He also leads the team in turnovers. Duff, Johnson, & Webster average double figures. The freshmen Pyle(starter) and Young combine for 13.9/game. The Leathernecks use 9 players on a regular basis. I expect the Jackrabbits to be focused today with the loss to Montana still fresh on the mind. The Jackrabbits should go to 24-4 in the series with WIU and finish 2018 on a high note. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs WIU Fighting Leathernecks @ Macomb

Appears there is free video through WIU's website: https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=1494&type=Live

Comment

I'll be making the drive up. My attendance seems to be a curse. First D1 game I attended was the one where they didn't score for the last five minutes and blew it at the buzzer. 2009 I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        Today opens the Summit competition. It is the first of 3 road double headers for men and women. The men are the matinee edition at 4:30 with the women to follow. Tyler is likely to announce both games. SDSU leads the series with WIU at 23-4. WIU has much of last year's team and they have added a couple of freshmen who will have significant minutes. Gilbeck returns and he is currently leading the nation in blocked shots. He also can lead the team at times in personal fouls. He also leads the team in turnovers. Duff, Johnson, & Webster average double figures. The freshmen Pyle(starter) and Young combine for 13.9/game. The Leathernecks use 9 players on a regular basis. I expect the Jackrabbits to be focused today with the loss to Montana still fresh on the mind. The Jackrabbits should go to 24-4 in the series with WIU and finish 2018 on a high note. Go Jacks!!
        Doubleheader starting at 4:30 on a Friday, and they choose to put the Men's game first? They must not be too worried about attendance...

Comment

SDSU is an 8 pt. road favorite, total of 150. After losing to Montana, I think we'll be extra focused and take this one easily. SDSU by 15.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Doubleheader starting at 4:30 on a Friday, and they choose to put the Men's game first? They must not be too worried about attendance...

The WBB may draw better in Macomb. TJ has won more conference games in 2years than Wright has won in his tenure since Molanari left.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              The WBB may draw better in Macomb. TJ has won more conference games in 2years than Wright has won in his tenure since Molanari left.
              I suppose that may be the case.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Appears there is free video through WIU's website: https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=1494&type=Live
                👍🏻 I like that!

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  SDSU is an 8 pt. road favorite, total of 150. After losing to Montana, I think we'll be extra focused and take this one easily. SDSU by 15.
                  Most online predictors have this game within the 8 point window. I’ll be interested to see how the Rabbits come out after one of the flattest evenings I can remember at Frost (fans, team, popcorn, etc.....) Saturday night. It would nice to see DJ Jr. sink a couple of shots early.

Three road games to start the conference slate. Not an easy way to kick off the conference schedule. Tonight, then a trip to IPFW (only other team in the Summit with a winning non-conference record) and finish off the road trip with a voyage south. 2-1 would be a good start. 3-0 would make the Rabbits an even BIGGER favorite than they already are to win the Summit.

Thoughts on tonight. Close at the half. SDSU’s lead will go between 6 and 11 in the second half. Late cover by WIU. 74-67 Rabbits.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                    Most online predictors have this game within the 8 point window. I’ll be interested to see how the Rabbits come out after one of the flattest evenings I can remember at Frost (fans, team, popcorn, etc.....) Saturday night. It would nice to see DJ Jr. sink a couple of shots early.

Three road games to start the conference slate. Not an easy way to kick off the conference schedule. Tonight, then a trip to IPFW (only other team in the Summit with a winning non-conference record) and finish off the road trip with a voyage south. 2-1 would be a good start. 3-0 would make the Rabbits an even BIGGER favorite than they already are to win the Summit.

Thoughts on tonight. Close at the half. SDSU’s lead will go between 6 and 11 in the second half. Late cover by WIU. 74-67 Rabbits.

Go Rabbits!
                    SDSU should be able to come out relaxed, but focused, in this game. My guess is that Daum goes for 25 and 15. DJJ adds another 18 pts.

Should be a chance for the freshmen to get some early exposure to the conference.

Jacks start the march to perfection with a 14 point victory.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post

Go Rabbits!
                      I'm sure I am way off on this but I thought I remember coach Otz talk about the fans getting into it when SDSU would make a basket but Montana is a veteran team and they would respond. He sounded like the fans did their part but the team just couldn't make a stop or two when they needed to. I guess it could be that the students were missing and they might get louder than the common fan. But, if the fans were flat, that is a shame because other than FGC this was about the only good team that came into Frost this season so far. I like the WAC and Big Sky challenges because they bring good teams into Brookings which is darn near impossible otherwise.
                      P.S. I didn't try the popcorn but I guess that was a good decision.

Comment

Typical sidearm. Well at least we're getting our money's worth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

You have to wonder about some of our Summit League conference mates. WIU: Nobody goes to any games. They barely have any "media" footprint at all. Can't even keep a stream going. What are these schools doing in D1? What's the ROI for places like WIU? Students pay most of the cost of athletics at those kinds of places. Is the campus reputation enhanced by mediocre teams and pathetic attendance?
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Alou Dillon in the starting lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              Typical sidearm. Well at least we're getting our money's worth.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
                              I have video? Is anyone getting sound?
                              Rollin' in my 5.0
                              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X