Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Default Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

As far as I'm concerned, all of SDSU's losses have been "bad."

They're either games the Jacks could have won, or games the Jacks should have won.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, all of SDSU's losses have been "bad."

They're either games the Jacks could have won, or games the Jacks should have won.
    We have a winner here folks.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Speaking of Summit MBB, Omaha handed it to Denver in Omaha 91-84. Who would have thought Omaha could score 90?
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

discoDancinJackrabbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    My guess/gut feeling is that the main challenger will wind up being Denver. Just a hunch.

Edit: I see that Omaha has found something and has 3 straight D-1 wins. The Mavs could be a contender.

I have trouble seeing anyone who can lose a game to UMKC as a serious challenger.
    i don’t know much about the other summit teams other than nobody looks good so far but they’ll be some games where they’re gunnin for us and any team that plays hard and has size/strength will give us problems.

Quote Originally Posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
    i don’t know much about the other summit teams other than nobody looks good so far but they’ll be some games where they’re gunnin for us and any team that plays hard and has size/strength will give us problems.
    I have no doubt that teams will be playing hard against the Jacks, but I don't know if that is enough to win the game. It will take a combination of great play by the opponent and an off night from Daum AND Jenkins for this team to lose. If the freshman continue to develop, SDSU may even be able to survive that by the end of the conference season. Just head over to the Summit website and take a look at the conference leaders so far this year. It is basically the Daum and Jenkins show with some Konchar in there for fun.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Bison beat the Yotes, amazing what happens when the team's best players play most of the second half. We'll see if Richman is smart enough to do it again...that is a pretty big ask.

Fighting Hawks drop their inaugural Summit game in Grand Forks to PFW 84-73

Bison get the home game win against yotes 71-65.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
    Bison beat the Yotes, amazing what happens when the team's best players play most of the second half. We'll see if Richman is smart enough to do it again...that is a pretty big ask.
    Saw the box score. What was the difference. Tale of 2 halves for sure.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Quote Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
    We saw it here first! The petition to keep Richman as HC.

Quote Originally Posted by goon View Post
    Saw the box score. What was the difference. Tale of 2 halves for sure.

Both teams had long scoring droughts, NDSU's in the first, USD's in the second. USD dressed only 8 players, so that might have caught up with them a little. They're becoming known as a team that fades down the stretch, however.

Both NDSU and USD are offensively challenged and have virtually no post presence. They'll have to have a (very) hot shooting performance or catch the Jacks in some sort of funk to knock us off. If I had to pick, I'd be more worried about USD getting it done. They do play pretty good defense.