Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

If you’re nuts about Summit basketball like me you might be glad to see that tonight’s two games in ND have been postponed to tomorrow at noon (USD @NDSU and FW @UND). They would have been on tonight at the same time as the SDSU women’s game. Both will be on Midco/ESPN. It will be particularly interesting to see that NDSU/USD game. Will either team hit 60 points?

I’m looking forward to this afternoon’s odd early start time at WIU. Being one of those 400,000 furloughed Federal workers had me going a little stir crazy this week! At least there’s a bowl game coming on at noon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      We lost to 4-8 Tulane and 5-9 FGCU, I wouldn't go casting too many stones...
      Yeah, but we didn't lose to the Roos at home like some schools we know.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
        We lost to 4-8 Tulane and 5-9 FGCU, I wouldn't go casting too many stones...
        Tulane is a really bad loss right now, and will probably stay that way (296 NET, 313 RPI), FGCU isn't as bad and should get better (213 NET, 241 RPI). UMKC is at 238 NET and 275 RPI for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
          Tulane is a really bad loss right now, and will probably stay that way (296 NET, 313 RPI), FGCU isn't as bad and should get better (213 NET, 241 RPI). UMKC is at 238 NET and 275 RPI for comparison.
          This is probably correct. However, we won't know if it is a truly "bad loss" until the end of the season. Who knows, maybe Tulane finds some magic and makes a run and it ends up looking better by tournament time (I highly doubt it)
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            This is probably correct. However, we won't know if it is a truly "bad loss" until the end of the season. Who knows, maybe Tulane finds some magic and makes a run and it ends up looking better by tournament time (I highly doubt it)
            Ha, don't hold your breath. They just gave SWAC Alabama A&M (341 NET, 330 RPI) their first win of the year. Yikes.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned, all of SDSU's losses have been "bad."

They're either games the Jacks could have won, or games the Jacks should have won.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                As far as I'm concerned, all of SDSU's losses have been "bad."

They're either games the Jacks could have won, or games the Jacks should have won.
                We have a winner here folks.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Speaking of Summit MBB, Omaha handed it to Denver in Omaha 91-84. Who would have thought Omaha could score 90?
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    My guess/gut feeling is that the main challenger will wind up being Denver. Just a hunch.

Edit: I see that Omaha has found something and has 3 straight D-1 wins. The Mavs could be a contender.

I have trouble seeing anyone who can lose a game to UMKC as a serious challenger.
                    i don’t know much about the other summit teams other than nobody looks good so far but they’ll be some games where they’re gunnin for us and any team that plays hard and has size/strength will give us problems.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                      i don’t know much about the other summit teams other than nobody looks good so far but they’ll be some games where they’re gunnin for us and any team that plays hard and has size/strength will give us problems.
                      I have no doubt that teams will be playing hard against the Jacks, but I don't know if that is enough to win the game. It will take a combination of great play by the opponent and an off night from Daum AND Jenkins for this team to lose. If the freshman continue to develop, SDSU may even be able to survive that by the end of the conference season. Just head over to the Summit website and take a look at the conference leaders so far this year. It is basically the Daum and Jenkins show with some Konchar in there for fun.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Bison beat the Yotes, amazing what happens when the team's best players play most of the second half. We'll see if Richman is smart enough to do it again...that is a pretty big ask.

Comment

Fighting Hawks drop their inaugural Summit game in Grand Forks to PFW 84-73

Bison get the home game win against yotes 71-65.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                            Bison beat the Yotes, amazing what happens when the team's best players play most of the second half. We'll see if Richman is smart enough to do it again...that is a pretty big ask.
                            Saw the box score. What was the difference. Tale of 2 halves for sure.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post
                              We saw it here first! The petition to keep Richman as HC.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                Saw the box score. What was the difference. Tale of 2 halves for sure.

Both teams had long scoring droughts, NDSU's in the first, USD's in the second. USD dressed only 8 players, so that might have caught up with them a little. They're becoming known as a team that fades down the stretch, however.

Both NDSU and USD are offensively challenged and have virtually no post presence. They'll have to have a (very) hot shooting performance or catch the Jacks in some sort of funk to knock us off. If I had to pick, I'd be more worried about USD getting it done. They do play pretty good defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X