Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    One week from now we will have a good idea if Omaha is a contender. At Fort Wayne on Thursday and Saturday in Frost. Benefit to the Jacks that they get them on short turn around.
    Hopefully an even amount of teams (whether or not it's Augie) will mean travel partners. This kind of a travel schedule is nuts IMO.

Comment

One week from now we will have a good idea if Omaha is a contender. At Fort Wayne on Thursday and Saturday in Frost. Benefit to the Jacks that they get them on short turn around.
      It will be interesting to see, 5 of their 8 losses are to power 5 conference teams.

Comment

Because of geography my road trips to games are restricted to Omaha, ORU and WIU (and formerly KC and IUPUI). Unlike the other locations which make me want to slit my throat with their lack of game atmosphere, Omaha actually gives a pretty good vibe.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
          It will be interesting to see, 5 of their 8 losses are to power 5 conference teams.
          They did not look particularly impressive last night against a 6-man USD squad, but we've had some ugly games as well. Hopefully we'll have a big crowd to provide some energy for the good guys. It's another double header and hopefully will be 1 vs 2 in the Summit. I planning on a Saturday afternoon in Frost.

I'm pretty intrigued by the competition to avoid 9th place on the men's side. There are currently four teams that only have two wins. USD and UND are among them and they play in Grand Forks this week. I'm still expecting Denver to piece it together and scrape out at least 5 wins. WIU still has to be the favorite for 9th, but they put on quite a show the other night when they hammered PFW. They'll probably find a few more wins.

Comment

It's interesting that the top 3 teams have four likely first team all-conference players - Daum and Jenkins, Konchar and Zach Jackson.

Comment

UND loses at home to USD. UND now in serious contention for team #9.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                UND loses at home to USD. UND now in serious contention for team #9.
                So the concern from certain fans that it was unfair that UND wasnt going to get to buy lower level tickets , might not matter. They might not have any reason to come

Comment

• Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                  So the concern from certain fans that it was unfair that UND wasnt going to get to buy lower level tickets , might not matter. They might not have any reason to come
                  Good point. We may not have to worry about rioting in the streets afterall.

UND is sure getting a rude welcome to the Summit League. I was only flipping back and forth between it and he SDSU WBB game last night, but I noticed that UND’s post (Avants - 12ppg) was not playing. Does anyone know why? They’re probably doomed to that 9th spot without him.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                    Good point. We may not have to worry about rioting in the streets afterall.

UND is sure getting a rude welcome to the Summit League. I was only flipping back and forth between it and he SDSU WBB game last night, but I noticed that UND’s post (Avants - 12ppg) was not playing. Does anyone know why? They’re probably doomed to that 9th spot without him.
                    The announcers said on telecast that he was injured and was day-to-day. UND has about a week off now, so he'll probably be back when the Hawks resume their schedule.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

Omaha wins in OT at Fort Wayne. The Dons were the darlings of the Summit at 3-0, but now sit at 4-3. Good for the Jacks that Omaha had to play extra minutes before having to play Saturday afternoon in Frost.

Comment

Omaha wins in OT at Fort Wayne. The Dons were the darlings of the Summit at 3-0, but now sit at 4-3. Good for the Jacks that Omaha had to play extra minutes before having to play Saturday afternoon in Frost.
                        Big game Saturday!

Comment

It looks like ORU may have a larger crowd than what USD had today!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            It looks like ORU may have a larger crowd than what USD had today!
                            Been watching the game. That is some baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd basketball.

Comment

Preseason Poll...……………………………….Actual
                              1.SDSU...……………………………………….1.SDSU(7-1)
                              2.USD...………………………………………….2.Omaha(6-2)
                              3.Denver...……………………………………..3.PFW(5-3)
                              4.PFW...…………………………………………..4.ORU(4-4)
                              5.NDSU...………………………………………..5.NDSU(4-4)
                              6.ORU...…………………………………………..6.USD(3-5)
                              7.UND...…………………………………………...7.WIU(3-5)
                              8.Omaha...……………………………………….9.UND(2-6)
                              9.WIU...…………………………………………….9.Denver(2-6)

USD & Denver seem to be surprises. NDSU is likely to give Richman extension tonight, but UND makes offer he cannot refuse. Omaha is finding a few local players who are winning games.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                Been watching the game. That is some baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd basketball.
                                ORU really struggles offensively with Nzekwesi out. Jacks are fortunate that he apparently won't be back until sometime in February.

Comment

Working...
                                X