Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    With the Bison beating ORU, we will need to win out and get some help to get the #1 seed in the tourney. Last night's game was so important.
    If we end tied with uno. What's the tie breaker as it stands? Since we lost to fw Omaha would get 1st right?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      If we end tied with uno. What's the tie breaker as it stands? Since we lost to fw Omaha would get 1st right?
      Correct.

Comment

With the Bison beating ORU, we will need to win out and get some help to get the #1 seed in the tourney. Last night's game was so important.
        We will need help IF omaha wins out. I'm guessing the chances of SDSU winning out is much more likely than UNO winning out.

Comment

While I would like to see SDSU win the regular season, being the #1 seed isn't that big of a deal. It is more important to stay in the top 2 so they have Sunday off. With the bottom of the conference being so bad, there isn't a huge difference between the #7 and #8 seeds.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            While I would like to see SDSU win the regular season, being the #1 seed isn't that big of a deal. It is more important to stay in the top 2 so they have Sunday off. With the bottom of the conference being so bad, there isn't a huge difference between the #7 and #8 seeds.
            What?! It's a huge deal. The #1 seed gets an auto bid to the NIT. Try to justify all you want but the #1 seed is important.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              We will need help IF omaha wins out. I'm guessing the chances of SDSU winning out is much more likely than UNO winning out.
              You're probably correct, but I'd prefer to control our own destiny.

Last night sucked, but our season isn't over because of it. Need to win tomorrow.

Comment

What?! It's a huge deal. The #1 seed gets an auto bid to the NIT. Try to justify all you want but the #1 seed is important.
                The #1 seed might be important to any other team but SDSU. Why should we be worried about an auto-bid to the NIT? I guess a last-second shot to beat the Jacks isn't enough to shake my confidence that they will run through the Summit tournament.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  I would say that I would like to avoid Fort Wayne. That would mean I want the #1 seed now but if NDSU passes Fort Wayne, it wouldn't be so bad finishing 2nd to play NDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                    I would say that I would like to avoid Fort Wayne. That would mean I want the #1 seed now but if NDSU passes Fort Wayne, it wouldn't be so bad finishing 2nd to play NDSU.
                    FW is a concern but the way ORU is playing lately I don't think that is a super easy win either.

Comment

First place is important for reasons other than the Summit Tourney, too. Get the trophy. Get a banner. Put a notation in programs and websites. Earn bragging rights to share with recruits and donors for years to come.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Denver is close to locking up ninth place. The Sioux Falls Area Chamber of Commerce will be cheering about that. USD and UND could still fail, but the five I-29 teams are all presently positioned to make the tourney.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Today's games will match play among the top 4 against each other and the next 4 against each other with 9th place Denver taking the day off. USD vs WIU matches a couple of the 3 win teams which could be the best chance to stay out of 9th place for those 2 teams. Omaha hosting PFW holds the most interest as the Mavericks are scheduled to play the last 3 games on the road at Fargo, Tulsa, & Denver which could be tough.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Yotes did not look great, but the dribbling Leathernecks look terrible 80-67. How did they score 80+ against PFW?
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Fort Wayne up 5 at the half 36-31

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                                Fort Wayne up 5 at the half 36-31
                                I think Omaha winning would be better. It would pretty much give us a top 2 seed. As long as we beat them Thur night which i feel good about that at home.

Comment

Working...
                                X