Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    No way there 1,800 people there. A few hundred, at most.
    I had to laugh about the questions raised on USD's game-attendance. For years game attendance at Oral Roberts has been quire exaggerated. Maybe the Eagles were given the duty of counting noses at the USD game.

I watched much of the game (Midco replay) and my guess was about 600 total from what I could see. Since one cannot see the entire arena from the TV camera angles, one has to do some extrapolation to the portion of the arena that was not visible from the cameras.

It will be interesting to see reported gate receipts for the season. That information will be presented to the Board of Regents eventually and will end up in reports that will appear on the Regents' website.

Comment

Challenging stretch leading into the Summit Championship.

2/14 @ Omaha
      2/16 @ NDSU
      2/21 PFW
      2/23 USD
      3/2 Western Ill (If they haven't been eliminated by then, they could be fighting for the chance to play in Sioux Falls.)

Get through that stretch with no adversity, and we should be primed for the post season tourney. #1-0

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        I had to laugh about the questions raised on USD's game-attendance. For years game attendance at Oral Roberts has been quire exaggerated. Maybe the Eagles were given the duty of counting noses at the USD game.

I watched much of the game (Midco replay) and my guess was about 600 total from what I could see. Since one cannot see the entire arena from the TV camera angles, one has to do some extrapolation to the portion of the arena that was not visible from the cameras.

It will be interesting to see reported gate receipts for the season. That information will be presented to the Board of Regents eventually and will end up in reports that will appear on the Regents' website.
        Last July, the Argus Leader ran a story (with national data collected by USA Today) about athletic revenue at universities. The story included revenue from ticket sales at SDSU and USD in 2017. The results:
        USD: $761,527
        SDSU: $4.6 million
        UND, NDSU and Omaha had the biggest sports budgets of the public schools in the Summit League.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post

2/14 @ Omaha
          2/16 @ NDSU
          2/21 PFW
          2/23 USD
          3/2 Western Ill (If they haven't been eliminated by then, they could be fighting for the chance to play in Sioux Falls.)

Get through that stretch with no adversity, and we should be primed for the post season tourney. #1-0

I'm more worried about the road games this week than anything else. Omaha wants to prove they are a contender and probably want some payback for their loss in Frost. Also, the Jacks have not always played their best in Fargo. I'm sure they're looking for a reason to be happy with their basketball program up there and try to make it look like a good place for a new coach.
          Rollin' in my 5.0
          With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
          Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Last July, the Argus Leader ran a story (with national data collected by USA Today) about athletic revenue at universities. The story included revenue from ticket sales at SDSU and USD in 2017. The results:
            USD: $761,527
            SDSU: $4.6 million
            UND, NDSU and Omaha had the biggest sports budgets of the public schools in the Summit League.
            UND and Omaha because of hockey and NDSU football budget. USD has a real issue with getting people into the seats.

Comment

2/14 @ Omaha
              2/16 @ NDSU
              2/21 PFW
              2/23 USD

Omaha has a tough schedule with road games at Tulsa & Fargo & Denver. They also have SDSU, PFW, & WIU at Baxter. It would not be surprising to see one or both teams stub their toes before the SLT. The 1 extra game for the Mavs still makes it a slight favorite for the Jackrabbits to capture the #1 seed. It would be great to be at Baxter to watch this week. I am happy that Midco will make the trip. The largest crowd at Baxter this season was 2132. This one may bigger.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

2/14 @ Omaha
                2/16 @ NDSU
                2/21 PFW
                2/23 USD

Yep, they just have to take it one game at a time. Omaha first.
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

I'll be surprised (and very happy) if we get through the next three games without a loss. Omaha is legit, Fargo has been a house of horrors until a couple of years ago and PFW has the ability to rise up and beat anyone on one of those special nights. All three teams will be hyper-motivated too. I still think we would take the title outright with two losses, however. The Jacks have shown that their ceiling is far higher than any other Summit team's, however now and then they stop down to earth for a visit (see the first half on Saturday or the PFW game). If we avoid that, the winning streak will be very long going into Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Omaha has a tough schedule with road games at Tulsa & Fargo & Denver. They also have SDSU, PFW, & WIU at Baxter. It would not be surprising to see one or both teams stub their toes before the SLT. The 1 extra game for the Mavs still makes it a slight favorite for the Jackrabbits to capture the #1 seed. It would be great to be at Baxter to watch this week. I am happy that Midco will make the trip. The largest crowd at Baxter this season was 2132. This one may bigger.
                    I'm hoping to make the 3-hour trek east to watch the game at Baxter.

I was looking at numbers a little more and our defensive numbers keep getting better and better. (All numbers are for conference games only.)

SDSU is 3rd in scoring offense at 85.0 pts/game. (UNO is first at 86.7 and PFW is 85.1)
                    SDSU is 1st in scoring defense at 71.5 pts/game. (UNO is last at 81.4, NDSU is 2nd at 74.5)
                    SDSU is 1st in rebounding at 37.3/game. (ORU is 2nd at 36.3. USD is last at 30.0 and that is a key reason for their struggles.)
                    SDSU is 1st in shooting percentage defense. Opponents are shooting 40.9%. (ORU is 2nd at 46.2%; UNO, Denver, and UND are at the bottom.)
                    SDSU is tied for 3rd in 3 pt. shooting defense, allowing opponents to shoot 36.7%.
                    SDSU is 1st in steals at 7.8/game. (PFW is 2nd at 7.3)

Comment

The only game I think we have a chance to lose is Omaha. If we shoot like we did home against und we can lose but I doubt we shoot that way 2 games in a row. Ipfw maybe if they get hot but they are not as good on the road it seems. The rest at ndsu and usd and western probably are some of the easiest games we can have to end the year with. But that's just me.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

ORU could have Nzekwesi back for Omaha when the Mavs travel to Tulsa. That coupled with a healthy Kearns and emerging Obanor could create a tough game. The Mavs and/or Jackrabbits could find a pumped up bison herd in Fargo as well. I think the seeds may not be changed much, but the team performance from any of the teams could still find a hot player(s) peaking.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          I'll be surprised (and very happy) if we get through the next three games without a loss. Omaha is legit, Fargo has been a house of horrors until a couple of years ago and PFW has the ability to rise up and beat anyone on one of those special nights. All three teams will be hyper-motivated too. I still think we would take the title outright with two losses, however. The Jacks have shown that their ceiling is far higher than any other Summit team's, however now and then they stop down to earth for a visit (see the first half on Saturday or the PFW game). If we avoid that, the winning streak will be very long going into Sioux Falls.
                          The only way that SDSU loses is if they beat themselves or have an injury to a contributor. With Skyler's emergence on both ends of the floor, this team can now survive the games they would have lost in the past (see Saturday). If they keep their focus they should have double digit wins until the first round of the NCAA tournament.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Quick look at this week on the road
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3jFVmBlJEc

Comment

The standings snug with Bison(8-4) over Golden Eagles(6-7). Mastodons(9-3) go to Denver(2-10) for 94-81 win.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                                The standings snug with Bison(8-4) over Golden Eagles(6-7). Mastodons(9-3) go to Denver(2-10) for 94-81 win.
                                With the Bison beating ORU, we will need to win out and get some help to get the #1 seed in the tourney. Last night's game was so important.

Comment

Working...
                                X