Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Denver gave up last weekend and now they decide to play. They are up 65-38 with 6 minutes to go. Maybe WIU thought it would be better to lock up the 8th seed and quit themselves. I guess they will get a preview of their Summit League tourney game this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by jacked_up_rabbit View Post
      Western Illinois may be playing for a spot in the tournament on this Saturday. If Denver would beat Omaha and Western would lose to us then Denver would be #8.
      I think WIU would get the tiebreaker still as they beat PFW as long as PFW finishes above NDSU

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        I think WIU would get the tiebreaker still as they beat PFW as long as PFW finishes above NDSU
        IPFW will finish ahead of NDSU because they beat SDSU. I think WIU has the #8 locked.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          BUT Denver would then have a win over Omaha on Saturday which would give them the tiebreaker since they beat the 2 seed

Comment

BUT Denver would then have a win over Omaha on Saturday which would give them the tiebreaker since they beat the 2 seed
            Good point. A lot of intrigue on Saturday. As long as Omaha and PFW are #2 and #3 I’m good. But PFW has choked early on the last few tournaments.

Comment

USD tops NDSU 75-65. USD has been playing well when it counts: conference tourney time.

Watched on Midco. Anyone want to guess what the official attendance count will be? It looked pretty dismal again even though that's a nice venue with an improving team.

Comment

Glad the Jacks weren't playing tonight - not a good night for the teams higher in the standings. Lower standing teams go 4-0.

Comment

Scenarios going into Saturday, I think

1 - SDSU clinches with a win, Omaha clinches with a win and SDSU loss
                  2 - Omaha or SDSU
                  3 - PFW locked in here
                  4 - NDSU locked in here
                  5 - ORU locked in here
                  6- USD or UND - whoever wins Saturday
                  7 - USD or UND - whoever loses Saturday
                  8 - WIU with a Denver loss or a win Saturday, Denver is in with a win and WIU loss

Comment

Scenarios going into Saturday, I think

1 - SDSU clinches with a win, Omaha clinches with a win and SDSU loss
                    2 - Omaha or SDSU
                    3 - PFW locked in here
                    4 - NDSU locked in here
                    5 - ORU locked in here
                    6- USD or UND - whoever wins Saturday
                    7 - USD or UND - whoever loses Saturday
                    8 - WIU with a Denver loss or a win Saturday, Denver is in with a win and WIU loss
                    USD vs Fort Wayne or USD vs Omaha is a very interesting first round matchup

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      USD tops NDSU 75-65. USD has been playing well when it counts: conference tourney time.

Watched on Midco. Anyone want to guess what the official attendance count will be? It looked pretty dismal again even though that's a nice venue with an improving team.
                      I watched some of the game, too. I'd say there were 400-500 people in the stands, but that attendance will be announced at 1600.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Glancing at the standings, it looks like every seeding position remains technically up for grabs. The Jacks just have to beat Western Illinois, which will be playing for its life on Saturday.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Glancing at the standings, it looks like every seeding position remains technically up for grabs. The Jacks just have to beat Western Illinois, which will be playing for its life on Saturday.
                          3 of 8 seeds are locked.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            3 of 8 seeds are locked.
                            3. Fort Wayne
                            4. NDSU
                            5. Oral Roberts

All of those are locked in.

Comment

I don't think it can be overstated how big of a deal Omaha losing tonight was. With the way we have been playing, and the way Omaha, IPFW, and even USD have been playing. Assuming we take care of business on Saturday, it's like we already won a SLT game not having to be the 2 seed. Omaha plays Denver at 2 on Saturday. If they were smart, they would throw that game, because the only way they have a shot at the 1 seed is if Denver wins, and they can't do worse than the 2 seed anyway. Otherwise WIU has nothing to play for and will likely lay down.
                              Last edited by CappinHard; 03-01-2019, 07:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                I watched some of the game, too. I'd say there were 400-500 people in the stands, but that attendance will be announced at 1600.
                                Back to school with you, the attendance was 2482. There was a nice echo on Midco.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X