Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

I will keep that in mind for future reference.

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      Coyotes lose 107-102 before a pretty sparse crowd at the Sanford Pentagon.
      Teams combined shot 82 free throws. Good grief.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        Teams combined shot 82 free throws. Good grief.
        Did you see the fouls? 57 combined fouls and 4 players fouled out. Also, 7 players had 4 fouls on both teams. Just a crazy game. Can't imagine how long it would have been with all those whistles even without OT. Definitely a game where it felt like the refs wanted to be the stars and not the players.
        Rollin' in my 5.0
        With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
        Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
          Did you see the fouls? 57 combined fouls and 4 players fouled out. Also, 7 players had 4 fouls on both teams. Just a crazy game. Can't imagine how long it would have been with all those whistles even without OT. Definitely a game where it felt like the refs wanted to be the stars and not the players.
          Sounds a lot like our women's game at USD earlier this season. I think (?) there was 80 some fouls in that game with 1 OT.

Comment

I am personally enjoying the plight of UND a little bit. This is considering how a number of their fans enjoyed calling the conference the "Slummit." Seeing their men's team in a tie for 7th but only 1 game out from missing going to SF and their women's team in 6th place tells me at this at this point their inclusion hasn't helped much to improve the conference. On the women's side I see some bleak years ahead for that program once Klabo moves on. They could very well has some epic battles with NDSU to see who gets to stay home come conference tourney time as at least Omaha and PFW seem to have a group of young players with some talent. Their men's team lose Avants/Seals which leaves them with Stewart and really no one else who looks to be any good.

Comment

How much effect does the dominance of SDSU in Sioux Falls factoring in the pro SDSU crowd have on recruiting for other schools? There is no denying we have an advantage when it comes to the SLT the way our fan base shows up.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                How much effect does the dominance of SDSU in Sioux Falls factoring in the pro SDSU crowd have on recruiting for other schools? There is no denying we have an advantage when it comes to the SLT the way our fan base shows up.
                That probably only matters to players from the Sioux Falls area, and there are few of them who can play at the D-1 level. What matters is getting to the NCAA Tournament. Getting a victory or two at that level would really help SDSU's recruiting.
                This space for lease.

Comment

That probably only matters to players from the Sioux Falls area, and there are few of them who can play at the D-1 level. What matters is getting to the NCAA Tournament. Getting a victory or two at that level would really help SDSU's recruiting.
                  Recruiting players is like playing dominos where as you get one to fall and others follow. Listen to the interview with Tevin King when he talks about George Marshall steering him here. George talked about Nate Wolters and DJJ about the chance to play with Daum. Now our recruit Caleb Grill talks about playing with DJJ. The other important piece to this is wining! Players want to win and go to the NCAA tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    Recruiting players is like playing dominos where as you get one to fall and others follow. Listen to the interview with Tevin King when he talks about George Marshall steering him here. George talked about Nate Wolters and DJJ about the chance to play with Daum. Now our recruit Caleb Grill talks about playing with DJJ. The other important piece to this is wining! Players want to win and go to the NCAA tournament.
                    You're last sentence is what I was talking about. Winning and going to the NCAA tourney are king. Our support at the SLT makes that tougher for every other team in the league. Whether that makes it tougher to get recruits I'm not sure.

Comment

I would think getting potential SDSU recruits to the Summit League Tournament would be wise to see the support.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        You're last sentence is what I was talking about. Winning and going to the NCAA tourney are king. Our support at the SLT makes that tougher for every other team in the league. Whether that makes it tougher to get recruits I'm not sure.
                        Every coaching change in men’s basketball can open new opportunities in terms of recruiting. If the right change is made, the new coach bring a whole new network of recruiting opportunities, that happened when TJ replaced Nagy. I often wonder if Coach Nagy felt, he had got the program to its highest level, and was time to move on. My theory is based what I observed. TJ with DJJ seems to have done a better job recruiting.

Comment

Pretty sure I remember from a Stater's Luncheon that DJJ was here on a recruiting trip during the SLT. You're kidding yourself if you don't think SDSU takes advantage of its fan support for recruiting. That stuff isn't just important to local recruits, its important to everyone who puts on a college uniform. They want to play in games that matter in front of fans that care, and SDSU can offer that more than anyone else in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                            I would think getting potential SDSU recruits to the Summit League Tournament would be wise to see the support.
                            Absolutely. That event is what sets SDSU basketball apart from a sea of other mid-major programs. I think a lot of people underestimate how it has affected the trajectory of the MBB program. Huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                              Absolutely. That event is what sets SDSU basketball apart from a sea of other mid-major programs. I think a lot of people underestimate how it has affected the trajectory of the MBB program. Huge.
                              At the same time, I assume a negative affect on other schools recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                                I agree with this but I also think many people underestimate the coach. Players don't commit to a school they commit to a coach. We may wish it was the other way around but truth is it's not.

Comment

Working...
                                X