Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    ORU really struggles offensively with Nzekwesi out. Jacks are fortunate that he apparently won't be back until sometime in February.
    No doubt, besides Obanor and maybe Kearns the don't have much

Comment

I believe I saw somewhere that Nzekwesi is playing again now.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
        According to the ORU scorebox, he is still out. This is the NDSU game which they lost by 10 at home. Also ESPN shows him not playing the last two conference games. Who knows he just might show up on Jan 31, when the Jacks play ORU. I am sure they want him back as soon as possible.

http://www.oruathletics.com/sports/m...?view=boxscore

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...anuel-nzekwesi
        Last edited by Nidaros; 01-30-2019, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          It may have been the weekly interview with Coach Otz who speculated Nzekwesi was too be available.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            It may have been the weekly interview with Coach Otz who speculated Nzekwesi was too be available.
            ORU's beat writer said on Twitter that Nzekwesi would be back tomorrow night.

Comment

I saw that tweet too. Obviously ORU is a very different beast with Nzekwesi. This two-city trip is nothing to automatically assume will produce two wins - on either the men's or women's side. Both SDSU teams better come out with 100% effort or a loss or two is pretty likely by Sunday night.

Tonight in MBB we have USD at PFW. USD needs a win to avoid picking up a 6th loss and finding themselves firmly in the "might not make it to Sioux Falls" bunch. PFW needs a win to avoid wondering "what the hell happened to our once-promising season". If they lose tonight they can forget about a top-2 seed. It should be a good one.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvZqRX_ELh4

2:20 mark in the interview talks about ORU Otz must have seen the tweet too!
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvZqRX_ELh4

2:20 mark in the interview talks about ORU Otz must have seen the tweet too!
                  I would look for Nzekwesi and Kearnes to be in the lineup.

Comment

As long as we remain healthy, I'd rather have our guys getting tested by the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      I saw that tweet too. Obviously ORU is a very different beast with Nzekwesi. This two-city trip is nothing to automatically assume will produce two wins - on either the men's or women's side. Both SDSU teams better come out with 100% effort or a loss or two is pretty likely by Sunday night.

Tonight in MBB we have USD at PFW. USD needs a win to avoid picking up a 6th loss and finding themselves firmly in the "might not make it to Sioux Falls" bunch. PFW needs a win to avoid wondering "what the hell happened to our once-promising season". If they lose tonight they can forget about a top-2 seed. It should be a good one.
                      PFW should win this game without much trouble but it seems every year they have a way of under achieving.

Comment

UND at Western is postponed until tomorrow.

Comment

UND at Western is airing on ESPN+ at 4:30. Women also there at 7:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                            UND at Western is airing on ESPN+ at 4:30. Women also there at 7:00.
                            UND men win at WIU. The race for ninth is way more interesting than the race for 1st place.
                            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                              UND men win at WIU. The race for ninth is way more interesting than the race for 1st place.
                              UND was fouled on a 3 pt shot with 1.6 seconds to go and down one. Made 2 out of 3.
                              Four teams with 6 losses at the bottom

Comment

Watching that last second shot it looked like the ref fell for the flop and awarded the game to NDU by deciding that tap on the fore arm by Western really was a foul?

Anyone else have an opinion on that call?

Comment

Working...
                                X