Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Omaha wins 74-71. They now have the tiebreaker over SDSU should they end tied. Jacks clinch a top 2 seed with a win Thurs night.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
      Omaha wins 74-71. They now have the tiebreaker over SDSU should they end tied. Jacks clinch a top 2 seed with a win Thurs night.
      Omaha has 2 close home wins. I think they will stumble on the road. Im confident we win at home.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Omaha has 2 close home wins. I think they will stumble on the road. Im confident we win at home.
        They have 2 road games that I think they can lose and I would guess they lose one for sure they lose either at ORU or NDSU. I think they go 2-1 on the road to end the year. I think we beat FW at home but the only game I worry about at home. USD just shouldn't even be close but a rivalry game they maybe can ugly it up enough. As long as their basketball team doesn't play for cheap shots like their football team. Western I think we should handle pretty well.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Golden Eagles lift the Fighting Hawks in loss at Grand Forks. UND 85 ORU 73
          That leaves WIU with 3 wins and Denver with 2 wins. Denver has 4 games to garner 2 wins.
          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
            Golden Eagles lift the Fighting Hawks in loss at Grand Forks. UND 85 ORU 73
            That leaves WIU with 3 wins and Denver with 2 wins. Denver has 4 games to garner 2 wins.
            Denver just got destroyed by USD. Boy, I got think Billups is in trouble.
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
              Denver just got destroyed by USD. Boy, I got think Billups is in trouble.
              He's got the highest rated recruiting class in the conference coming in, so that may buy him some time. But they have gone from a team that you didn't want to play in Sioux Falls, to likely not even making the tournament in one year.

Comment

Watched the highlights of usd’s game. Looks like less than 500 fans there. Not great for such a nice new arena

Comment

Originally posted by westernjack View Post
                  Watched the highlights of usd’s game. Looks like less than 500 fans there. Not great for such a nice new arena

but but the official attendance was just under 2000.

Comment

Must be a fair number of people who pay to not watch USD.

Comment

or or you could compare it to the reported 3042 at your football playoff game where maybe 1200 were there in a stadium that’s new and holds 19,340. Not a great attendance for a playoff game in such a nice new stadium

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        or or you could compare it to the reported 3042 at your football playoff game where maybe 1200 were there in a stadium that’s new and holds 19,340. Not a great attendance for a playoff game in such a nice new stadium
                        I know that as a graduate of USeD and a fan of the yotes that play in the DakotaDump, it's probably difficult for you to grasp the concept that 3,042 in a stadium that holds 19,340 is going to look pretty sparse. SDSU has been known to always report actual attendance, unlike USeD. Btw, how did USeD do in the playoffs?

Comment

Or you could compare gate receipts.
                          For example here is FY18: https://www.sdbor.edu/administrative...eticReport.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                            Or you could compare gate receipts.
                            For example here is FY18: https://www.sdbor.edu/administrative...eticReport.pdf
                            So are gate receipts the season tickets and walk up ticket sales together or is there something missing on the USD total for that line?
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              So are gate receipts the season tickets and walk up ticket sales together or is there something missing on the USD total for that line?
                              good Question! Don’t have answer. Also wonder why Mines is in the red and football numbers are higher than Black Hills. Both play in the RMAC and would spend a bunch for football travel. I suspect there is not much pressure from the legislature or even the BOR to cut programs.

Comment

I would still take the 1200 over your big fat 0.

Comment

Working...
                                X