Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

I honestly don't care about the "low class" aspects of what he was doing. My biggest complaint was the volume. It was so ****ing loud.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      There will be no reciprocal comments when USD plays at SDSU. Our PA announcer is a professional (his professionalism gets him the invite to be the PA guy for the Summit League Championships every year).
      JT Hittle is our PA guy. He does a great job. The only complaint that I have heard about him is the way he announces names when the opposition scores. He used to do the Huron High School games back when they had those great teams in the 90s with Jay Ellwein, Ryan Mors, and Neil Campbell. Those were some loud times at the Arena.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        JT Hittle is our PA guy. He does a great job. The only complaint that I have heard about him is the way he announces names when the opposition scores. He used to do the Huron High School games back when they had those great teams in the 90s with Jay Ellwein, Ryan Mors, and Neil Campbell. Those were some loud times at the Arena.
        I like that he says the names of the opponent scorers, personally. I don't do it every game, but it's helpful when actually keeping score on the score sheet.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
          I like that he says the names of the opponent scorers, personally. I don't do it every game, but it's helpful when actually keeping score on the score sheet.
          I believe he is referring to the tone and quickness of how he announces opponents names when they score. He has a quick, quiet way of doing it. I can see where some may argue it isn't ideal but I think it is fine. That behavior is pretty common when it comes to PA announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
            I believe he is referring to the tone and quickness of how he announces opponents names when they score. He has a quick, quiet way of doing it. I can see where some may argue it isn't ideal but I think it is fine. That behavior is pretty common when it comes to PA announcers.
            I think it's perfect. He's the SDSU PA guy. His job to a degree is to create excitement for the Jacks not the opponent.

Comment

I have always been a fan of how Jason lueth does high school games. He use to do them for Washington. Maybe still does. Also did them for state tournament. He was great being not biased and announcing the same for both teams.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Luthe IS a stud. But then we both went to whs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bison lead Denver 36-30 at halftime in Denver. Second half is not so sharp as Denver wins their first Summit game 80-65.
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                    Bison lead Denver 36-30 at halftime in Denver. Second half is not so sharp as Denver wins their first Summit game 80-65.
                    Don't see the Bison men winning a game outside of Fargo. Team is so soft and Richman is clueless, 14 minutes for Gue tonight.

Comment

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Wow. Quite the fall. The battle for eighth place in the conference might be as interesting as the battle for first. Somebody's not going to make the tourney.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

There’s an entertaining game going on in Tulsa (ESPN+). USD again has 7 players and have led most of the half. They also have about a dozen fouls and just had their coach ejected from the game. He dropped a flurry of F-bombs on his walk to the tunnel. I bet the locals loved that. It was amazing the mic could pick them up over the noise of a crowd of 6,000.

ORU also lost Nzekwesi to an ankle injury a few minutes ago.

ORU leads 39-32 at half.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          There’s an entertaining game going on in Tulsa (ESPN+). USD again has 7 players and have led most of the half. They also have about a dozen fouls and just had their coach ejected from the game. He dropped a flurry of F-bombs on his walk to the tunnel. I bet the locals loved that. It was amazing the mic could pick them up over the noise of a crowd of 6,000.

ORU also lost Nzekwesi to an ankle injury a few minutes ago.

ORU leads 39-32 at half.
                          Definitely got his money's worth after he was tossed, but per the below tweet from the ORU beat writer with the Tulsa World Herald, he received the 2 T's for twice asking "what did he do" after the phantom foul call on Umude.

https://twitter.com/BenJohnsonTUL/status/1086078214005448704
                          USD Fan

Comment

I've been watching USD at ORU. Lots of weird goings on. Umude has four fouls and I wasn't paying great attention when he got the fourth but I think he was T'd up for some reason.

Comment

Perhaps the closest competition between ORU and USD is ORU's Mabee Center crowd counter v. USD's Dakota Dome crowd counter.

Comment

Omaha goes to Macomb for a win 80-71. Omaha is keeping pace at 4-1 while WIU is keeping Denver company at 1-5.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X