Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Summit MBB 2018-19 conference

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Shahid with a three at the buzzer to give NDSU a 69-66 win over Fort Wayne.

FW loses to both UND and NDSU at home to close the regular season and they will face USD at the tournament next Sunday.
    I was thinking usd would lose just to get the 7 seed. Sort of glad they didn't. Saturday crowd is going to be crazy. Sunday will be dead. Just wish they had the fan fest. My kids are going to be bugging me about that. Thinking about contacting summit league office about making sure they continue it in the future. Sure seemed like it was a lot of kids and use of the fan fest.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

End of the season words from Denver
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu1hkT2QDa4
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Bison up by 6 at the half in the Big Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          Bison up by 6 at the half in the Big Dance.
          Bison win a very close game. Does this help the Summit League revenue sharing from the big dance? Someone on here said it did. So that factor alone made me a Bison fan for a day. I think they are going to get killed in the next game with Duke BlueDevils.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Bison win a very close game. Does this help the Summit League revenue sharing from the big dance? Someone on here said it did. So that factor alone made me a Bison fan for a day. I think they are going to get killed in the next game with Duke BlueDevils.
            yes the win earns the conference another $1.7 million share.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              yes the win earns the conference another $1.7 million share.
              If you divide 3.4 million by 9, SDSU Will receive $377,777.74. Not a bad day at the office,

Comment

If you divide 3.4 million by 9, SDSU Will receive $377,777.74. Not a bad day at the office,
                That's not Mike trout money but not bad. Trout will make more then that every week. Probably twice that.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

To be fair, it won't be that much. Some of the conference's operating expenses come out of the MBB disbursement, so the schools' share is what's left after the bills are paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                    To be fair, it won't be that much. Some of the conference's operating expenses come out of the MBB disbursement, so the schools' share is what's left after the bills are paid.
                    And isnt it spread out over like 5 years not just a lump sum? Or atleast I thought it was that way. So ndsu previous collecting 2 shares paid out for more then just that one year i thought. I'm probably confused.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      And isnt it spread out over like 5 years not just a lump sum? Or atleast I thought it was that way. So ndsu previous collecting 2 shares paid out for more then just that one year i thought. I'm probably confused.
                      Right, it's spread over 6 years. So I think the Summit will be receiving 2 extra units for a couple years before the Oklahoma win ages out.

Baseline for a conference like the Summit is 6 units. You add up every share received over the past 6 years. The Summit is typically a 'one and done' conference, so the total is normally 6 units. The 2014 NDSU win over Oklahoma has been earning the Summit 7 units every year since. Here's the recent yearly breakdown assuming no other Summit wins:

2013 - 6 units (no extra units) ($245.5k/unit - $1.473M total)
                      2014 - 7 units (OK year 1) ($250.1k/unit - $1.751M total)
                      2015 - 7 units (OK year 2) ($260.5k/unit - $1.824M total)
                      2016 - 7 units (OK year 3) ($260.8k/unit - $1.826M total)
                      2017 - 7 units (OK year 4) ($264.9k/unit - $1.854M total)
                      2018 - 7 units (OK year 5) ($273.5k/unit - $1.915M total)
                      2019 - 8 units (OK year 6, NCCU year 1) ($281.0k/unit - $2.248M total)
                      2020 - 7 units (NCCU year 2) ($289.0k/unit - $2.023M total)
                      etc.

(some of these numbers are close approximates - the news articles were estimating that current year's unit value)

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                        Right, it's spread over 6 years. So I think the Summit will be receiving 2 extra units for a couple years before the Oklahoma win ages out.

Baseline for a conference like the Summit is 6 units. You add up every share received over the past 6 years. The Summit is typically a 'one and done' conference, so the total is normally 6 units. The 2014 NDSU win over Oklahoma has been earning the Summit 7 units every year since. Here's the recent yearly breakdown assuming no other Summit wins:

2013 - 6 units (no extra units) ($245.5k/unit - $1.473M total)
                        2014 - 7 units (OK year 1) ($250.1k/unit - $1.751M total)
                        2015 - 7 units (OK year 2) ($260.5k/unit - $1.824M total)
                        2016 - 7 units (OK year 3) ($260.8k/unit - $1.826M total)
                        2017 - 7 units (OK year 4) ($264.9k/unit - $1.854M total)
                        2018 - 7 units (OK year 5) ($273.5k/unit - $1.915M total)
                        2019 - 8 units (OK year 6, NCCU year 1) ($281.0k/unit - $2.248M total)
                        2020 - 7 units (NCCU year 2) ($289.0k/unit - $2.023M total)
                        etc.

(some of these numbers are close approximates - the news articles were estimating that current year's unit value)
                        Wow! It gets complicated but thanks for the explanation. I did not know it worked this way. And yes, the plane tickets to Dayton do cost money.

Comment

The league continues to get decimated by transfers...

South Dakota forward Stanley Umude, who averaged a team-high 14.4 ppg for the Coyotes as a sophomore, has added his name to the NCAA transfer portal. Per sources, Cal, Texas and Arizona have already expressed interest.
                          Between the transfers and graduation losses, next year migth be as bad as the league has ever been.

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

Between the transfers and graduation losses, next year migth be as bad as the league has ever been.
                            The new reality. These days only a fool tries to look a year or two ahead and say "boy are we gonna be good when these guys get to be senoirs".

Comment

Originally posted by FargoBison View Post

The Summit rep was in the First Four this year. Trending towards a repeat of that next season...guess it may be one way to accumulate extra win shares!

Comment

It's disappointing whats happening to college basketball.The gap between the haves and have nots continues to widen. Even star DII players moving up to mid-majors. FCS football seems more interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X