GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Montana Grizzlies @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Montana Grizzlies @ Frost Arena

The Griz are 0-3 for road games this season. 6-4 overall with 4-0 home record and 2-1 neutral court. They have 4-1 advantage in the series with Jackrabbit MBB. The Griz would be proud to keep the Jackrabbits from getting the 27 consecutive home wins to end the OOC season. The Griz bring 5 seniors and 2 juniors on the roster that has some experience and a defense that can travel. Montana beat the Bison(60-53) at home in their other Summit game. The Summit & Big Sky preseason favorites should have a good Saturday crowd with good weather to travel. It will be the last game in Frost for the men until January 10. Let's get #27 and a solid win. Go Jacks!!

7pm Midco and ESPN+ for the shut ins and faraways.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Montana Grizzlies @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    The Griz are 0-3 for road games this season. 6-4 overall with 4-0 home record and 2-1 neutral court. They have 4-1 advantage in the series with Jackrabbit MBB. The Griz would be proud to keep the Jackrabbits from getting the 27 consecutive home wins to end the OOC season. The Griz bring 5 seniors and 2 juniors on the roster that has some experience and a defense that can travel. Montana beat the Bison(60-53) at home in their other Summit game. The Summit & Big Sky preseason favorites should have a good Saturday crowd with good weather to travel. It will be the last game in Frost for the men until January 10. Let's get #27 and a solid win. Go Jacks!!

7pm Midco and ESPN+ for the shut ins and faraways.
    Jacks are -8 according to Vegas at the moment. The over/under is 146. My guess is we cover the 8 points and get the over.

I hope that we see some of what I call the "full house" line-up. It includes a pair of Kings and the 3 other Jacks.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Montana Grizzlies @ Frost Arena

A quality opponent to finish out OOC. Good driving weather too. See you at Frost tonight!

Comment

You would think at some point certain guys would get sick and tired of being in foul trouble every game...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          You would think at some point certain guys would get sick and tired of being in foul trouble every game...
          King is lucky they didn't call a loose ball foul before the Daum 3, and then he looked to push off on his layup. He needs to play smarter. He's too valuable to pick up silly fouls.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

16-25 from the line. King is 2-7 from the line.

Comment

Got flat ass outworked and outplayed tonight. Not a great way to head into break.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Montana just wants it more then us. Better shooting and more hustle. Better effort on D then us. Maybe it's just me but this game has been a bit disappointing to watch.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Got flat ass outworked and outplayed tonight. Not a great way to head into break.
                  Honestly it might be the perfect way to go into break and conference play.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    Honestly it might be the perfect way to go into break and conference play.
                    Could be...but there are some glaring things that concern me about a team this talented.

Comment

Our seniors need to step the f*ck up and lead. Piss poor effort all around. At some point we are going to need defense to win.

Comment

Could be...but there are some glaring things that concern me about a team this talented.
                        I agree. I see some red flags. BUT....Daum looked pissed tonight. That might turn out to be a good thing.

Comment

First game that I have been able to watch. Just got worked on the boards in the first half or would have been ahead. Some really bad turnovers also. It was tough to watch.

Comment

One thing with Otz is it seems he tolerates ok more than Nagy did. Our effort tonight was just not good. I hope Otz calls them out. I think we are good but not so good we can coast against good competition.

Comment

Daum can't do it by himself. DJJ has been out-of-sorts for three games in a row. Arians looks scared to shoot. Flatten has been good all season, but tonight he disappeared for long stretches. And no real scoring options off the bench. Montana was good defensively, but we didn't seem to adjust when the normal stuff wasn't working. Probably a good thing for both the players and coaching staff to get a few days without basketball and regroup.

Comment

Working...
                              X