GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Montana Grizzlies @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Montana Grizzlies @ Frost Arena

Just absolutely ridiculous otzleberger insists on this small ball lineup. Arians/flatten at the 4? You gotta be kidding me. Then with 5 minutes to go in the game he’s got Owen king on the floor the same time as tevin. That should never happen. Dentlinger/daum should be the dominant combination. Shocker we get pounded on the glass and pushed around when you got arians out there trying to mix it up in the paint.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Daum can't do it by himself. DJJ has been out-of-sorts for three games in a row. Arians looks scared to shoot. Flatten has been good all season, but tonight he disappeared for long stretches. And no real scoring options off the bench. Montana was good defensively, but we didn't seem to adjust when the normal stuff wasn't working. Probably a good thing for both the players and coaching staff to get a few days without basketball and regroup.
      Skylar is best when he gets his points in the flow of the offense. His strength is not to create his points. We need to work through Daum and DJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        DJJ has been out-of-sorts for three games in a row...
        Yah...and his body language has been weird. And his defensive effort...not good. Otz has been on him a lot the last couple games also. But...the dude balls out when it counts most, so it's hard to complain too much about him.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Otz said on the post-game that Montana was the more aggressive team. Honestly I hope this ignites the team and especially the seniors to "play angry" the rest of the year, because as good as this team is, it isn't good enough to play and win without true passion and superior "want-to". Without that they're going to be sitting at home in March watching post-season basketball on TV.

Going thru the motions won't cut it.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Can someone explain why Alou can't get off the bench especially in a game we are being physically out played and are getting killed on the boards. We have 9 eligible players are undersized and got a 6'8 redshirt freshman into the court?

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
              Otz said on the post-game that Montana was the more aggressive team. Honestly I hope this ignites the team and especially the seniors to "play angry" the rest of the year, because as good as this team is, it isn't good enough to play and win without true passion and superior "want-to". Without that they're going to be sitting at home in March watching post-season basketball on TV.

Going thru the motions won't cut it.
              Montana was the first team that I can recall that got right in the middle of the weave action that the Jacks run to initiate the offense. Most teams just seem to let the Jacks run it without much opposition and then react, but the Grizzlies did a good job of disrupting it, and it seemed to cause issues getting into the flow of the offense.

Comment

pressers
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG7-c9c76Sc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpDgnMO_zk
                Last edited by OldHare; 12-23-2018, 08:28 AM.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Another presser
                  https://www.captiongenerator.com/122...-talks-Montana

Comment

I admire the candor of the Montana Coach and give him credit he knew how to end our streak. Not much of chance we meet up again in the Dance, but we should have them on the schedule every year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I admire the candor of the Montana Coach and give him credit he knew how to end our streak. Not much of chance we meet up again in the Dance, but we should have them on the schedule every year.
                      Agreed! Would be a great annual game!

Comment

Should Dentlinger be playing more consistent minutes with Daum on the floor? Our two best performances this year win vs GCU and close loss at Nevada we saw Daum and Dentlinger on the floor together extensively. In most of our losses we didnt see much of Dentlinger.

I trust Otz and think he’s a solid all around coach but do think he can be a little too focused on offensive success. I believe we need Dentlingers defensive presence taking pressure off Daum more than a fifth scoring option. We’ve got plenty of scoring options with Daum Jenkins flatten and king having one guy set screens and crash the o boards balances things out a little in my opinion. Dentlinger has shown he knows his role and is willing to do the dirty work to help the team win.

In order to win a game in the ncaa tourney we are going to need Dillon or Dentlinger playing a significant role defensively and on the boards. I’d like to see more of these two playing along side Daum going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Agreed! Would be a great annual game!
                          I think it'd be neat to do an annual holiday tournament with UM, MSU, USD, and SDSU. Rotate every year between either Rapid or Billings. The only problem with that (outside of logistics) is that we'd end up playing USD 3 or 4 times in a single year, and UM and MSU would play at least 3 times also. Unless one team sacrificed a traditional home game in the series every other year to "host" their rival during a December tournament. Probably wouldn't happen.

Comment

It may be in the books for next year as the Summit/Big Sky 4 year agreement. The Jackrabbits will play at Montana next time.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                              I think it'd be neat to do an annual holiday tournament with UM, MSU, USD, and SDSU. Rotate every year between either Rapid or Billings. The only problem with that (outside of logistics) is that we'd end up playing USD 3 or 4 times in a single year, and UM and MSU would play at least 3 times also. Unless one team sacrificed a traditional home game in the series every other year to "host" their rival during a December tournament. Probably wouldn't happen.
                              Just have the Dakota schools play both Montana schools. I like the Billings and Rapid idea. Especially once Rapid gets it new arena!

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                                Should Dentlinger be playing more consistent minutes with Daum on the floor? Our two best performances this year win vs GCU and close loss at Nevada we saw Daum and Dentlinger on the floor together extensively. In most of our losses we didnt see much of Dentlinger.

I trust Otz and think he’s a solid all around coach but do think he can be a little too focused on offensive success. I believe we need Dentlingers defensive presence taking pressure off Daum more than a fifth scoring option. We’ve got plenty of scoring options with Daum Jenkins flatten and king having one guy set screens and crash the o boards balances things out a little in my opinion. Dentlinger has shown he knows his role and is willing to do the dirty work to help the team win.

In order to win a game in the ncaa tourney we are going to need Dillon or Dentlinger playing a significant role defensively and on the boards. I’d like to see more of these two playing along side Daum going forward.
                                its a no brainer imo. It’s not like arians, freshman king gives us a scoring option anyways. Neither is athletic or can shoot the 3 consistently.

Comment

Working...
                                X