Thank You Jack Nation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank You Jack Nation!

I'm Brandon Snyder's dad. Last winter and spring when our son started talking about wanting a fresh start it was SDSU where he felt he was being called. When he completed his last summer class and graduated in late July he asked for a release form the Univ. of Iowa. What we didn’t know was how much interest did SDSU have in a kid who had 2 ACL tears and a young man trying to find himself again off the field. On the way to our visit after Iowa announced his release my phone was buzzing. FBS and FCS schools that wanted to know his availability He wanted a place that he could get well physically, mentally, and spiritually and compete for a national title. Our visit w/ Coach Stig, Rogers, Bergstrom, and Jackson could not have gone better. We heard the words “forgiveness” and “live in the moment” repeatedly by the staff. We didn’t get 10 miles out of Brookings when Brandon wanted to call back and accept their offer. He had one happy mom and dad! However he put his little brother in a tough predicament. I’ll never forget the conversation he had with little brother. It didn’t take long for Jaden to agree that Brookings was the place for him as well.

My worst fear was that the D1 transfer wouldn’t be accepted. After a couple weeks of watching an open practice and having the safety group, Rozy, and Wallace come up to my wife & I and introduce themselves, my fears were over. Early on we had the disappointment of the Iowa State game. He had bursa rupture and quad contusion on his bad leg during the 1st half of the NDSU game that lingered for several weeks. About mid season you could see his improvement in his health and confidence. Getting literally knocked out at Kennesaw and hurting his knee early in both 3rd quarters was hard for him not to be able to compete w/ his team and help follow through with his promise to Coach Stig that he would help get this team to Frisco. No one wanted a trip to Frisco more than him. We’d love to “do over” that last 3 minutes of the half in that semi final game when it was 7-7 and our ball at mid-field. But just like in life their isn’t “do over’s.” Unfortunately Brandon suffered an ACL tear on his good knee Saturday night. As parents we hurt for him, and we don’t understand the “why”. He’s been through so much! Five knee surgeries and 3 torn ACL’s in less than 18 months is hard for him or us to understand the “why”. We know God has a plan and we trust in Him as hard as it is. He’s blessed us with so many great memories. We will miss the energy, toughness, and passion that Brandon has played with. Dad would love to see him apply for a 6th year, but we shall see what God's plan is for him.We know that he is in a great place mentally and spiritually. We ask for your prayers and encouragement as Brandon goes through another surgery, grueling rehab, and life without football. He has not given up on his goal to play on Sundays, but life has certainly given him another tougher hill to climb. I won't bet against him if he chooses that route. Thank you and we look forward to the next 4 years as Jackrabbit parents!

Re: Thank You Jack Nation!

Originally posted by SnyderJack View Post
    I'm Brandon Snyder's dad. Last winter and spring when our son started talking about wanting a fresh start it was SDSU where he felt he was being called. When he completed his last summer class and graduated in late July he asked for a release form the Univ. of Iowa. What we didn’t know was how much interest did SDSU have in a kid who had 2 ACL tears and a young man trying to find himself again off the field. On the way to our visit after Iowa announced his release my phone was buzzing. FBS and FCS schools that wanted to know his availability He wanted a place that he could get well physically, mentally, and spiritually and compete for a national title. Our visit w/ Coach Stig, Rogers, Bergstrom, and Jackson could not have gone better. We heard the words “forgiveness” and “live in the moment” repeatedly by the staff. We didn’t get 10 miles out of Brookings when Brandon wanted to call back and accept their offer. He had one happy mom and dad! However he put his little brother in a tough predicament. I’ll never forget the conversation he had with little brother. It didn’t take long for Jaden to agree that Brookings was the place for him as well.

My worst fear was that the D1 transfer wouldn’t be accepted. After a couple weeks of watching an open practice and having the safety group, Rozy, and Wallace come up to my wife & I and introduce themselves, my fears were over. Early on we had the disappointment of the Iowa State game. He had bursa rupture and quad contusion on his bad leg during the 1st half of the NDSU game that lingered for several weeks. About mid season you could see his improvement in his health and confidence. Getting literally knocked out at Kennesaw and hurting his knee early in both 3rd quarters was hard for him not to be able to compete w/ his team and help follow through with his promise to Coach Stig that he would help get this team to Frisco. No one wanted a trip to Frisco more than him. We’d love to “do over” that last 3 minutes of the half in that semi final game when it was 7-7 and our ball at mid-field. But just like in life their isn’t “do over’s.” Unfortunately Brandon suffered an ACL tear on his good knee Saturday night. As parents we hurt for him, and we don’t understand the “why”. He’s been through so much! Five knee surgeries and 3 torn ACL’s in less than 18 months is hard for him or us to understand the “why”. We know God has a plan and we trust in Him as hard as it is. He’s blessed us with so many great memories. We will miss the energy, toughness, and passion that Brandon has played with. Dad would love to see him apply for a 6th year, but we shall see what God's plan is for him.We know that he is in a great place mentally and spiritually. We ask for your prayers and encouragement as Brandon goes through another surgery, grueling rehab, and life without football. He has not given up on his goal to play on Sundays, but life has certainly given him another tougher hill to climb. I won't bet against him if he chooses that route. Thank you and we look forward to the next 4 years as Jackrabbit parents!

Mr. Snyder - As a fan of the Jacks there's no greater pride for me than seeing players Make A Difference for themselves, the community.. JACKRABBIT NATION.. There's nothing better! Brandon's joy of being on the field and with his family was evident! We enjoyed seeing you and talking game strategy in the tailgates and section 102! HAREBALL tailgate is always open.. and you are always welcome. We will see you next fall.

Comment

Thank you SnyderJack. May all of Jackrabbit nation wrap Brandon and your entire family in their love and prayers this holiday season and may your son continue to grow spiritually, mentally and physically in the upcoming months as he continues on this journey call life. I don't know your son, but he sounds like a guy that isn't going to let anything keep him down I'm sure that will carry him far in life no matter what he decides to do.

Comment

Thank you, SnyderJack, for sharing your son with the Jackrabbits for a season. Watching him play was a thrill. Thanks, also, to Brandon, and best of luck to him. I'm sorry he has to go through another rehab. I look forward to watching your other son play for the next four years. It should be fun.
        This space for lease.

Comment

God Bless you and yours this holiday season and throughout life. Thank You, and your family SnyderJack.

Comment

I thank you too Synder Jack for your inside report. It been a thrill to watch No 27 on defense. He is very quick. It would be no problem if he applied and receive a sixth year of eligibility.

Comment

Snyder Jack,
              I'm just sorry I haven't read this post until today. Thank you for your kind words about our program... and I have a great appreciation for your son.

Best of luck to you and your family. Brandon, if you read this, get well and hold your head high. Jackrabbit Nation is proud of you.

Comment

Love my Northwest Iowa guys! What a joy it was to watch you son play at Iowa and at State. Loved to see the passion that I wish all Jacks played with. The 2nd half of the season there was no one better on our defense. It was evident when he left the game at Kennesaw and than again at NDSU that we were not the same defense. He was the QB of the defense and we missed that in the 2nd half of both those games. Best of luck with his surgery and recovery. It hardly seems fair, but that is part of life. We hope your younger son decides to stay! I wish I could help pay his way! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by SnyderJack View Post

Sorry for the late response, as I am to hear that Brandon had to endure another surgery.

It was awesome being able to watch him play in person for home games and via TV/online for away games.

I wish him success on whatever path he takes in life.

Comment

Working...
                  X