GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Wyoming Cowgirls at Laramie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Wyoming Cowgirls at Laramie

I think Myah is our most important player we have. She can create scoring chances against most any player she faces. When we are in desperate need of a bucket she is usually cash. She has another year on her now, I think we will be ok against the yotes, they can brag about one loss, but they haven't run the gauntlet the Lady Jacks have. I think a problem we have is we have some subs that instead of just pumping up a open shot they want to dish it off to one of the "top" girls. I always hear about the "extra" pass that makes a shot. Sometimes I watch the younger/second tier girls pass that open shot up only to end up with a poor possession. If they win at Vermtown on the 6th, we will be in control. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      I think Myah is our most important player we have. She can create scoring chances against most any player she faces. When we are in desperate need of a bucket she is usually cash. She has another year on her now, I think we will be ok against the yotes, they can brag about one loss, but they haven't run the gauntlet the Lady Jacks have. I think a problem we have is we have some subs that instead of just pumping up a open shot they want to dish it off to one of the "top" girls. I always hear about the "extra" pass that makes a shot. Sometimes I watch the younger/second tier girls pass that open shot up only to end up with a poor possession. If they win at Vermtown on the 6th, we will be in control. JMO
      I think that what makes Myah so important is what makes Macie important: Their ability to create their own offense by driving to the rim (Maddie does it from time to time, but that's not what makes her dangerous). This team runs into trouble when the settle for jump shots early in the shot clock.

I am standing by my prediction that the women will go undefeated in conference. (Of course all bets are off if injuries occur)
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        I think that what makes Myah so important is what makes Macie important: Their ability to create their own offense by driving to the rim (Maddie does it from time to time, but that's not what makes her dangerous). This team runs into trouble when the settle for jump shots early in the shot clock.

I am standing by my prediction that the women will go undefeated in conference. (Of course all bets are off if injuries occur)
        True, it's not too often you can have 3 players on a team at once that came in as freshman and made a big difference. I don't see that in Payton, obviously the other freshman need to hone their game too. I agree about quick shots too, but if it is there, take it. IDK I'm under the opinion if they are good enough to be on he floor, take the open look. I guess it all depends on the depends on the defense they are against. Sooo, that about as much as I can ride the fence.

Comment

If we win on the 6th, I agree we win it out too. Barring injuries.

Comment

True, it's not too often you can have 3 players on a team at once that came in as freshman and made a big difference. I don't see that in Payton, obviously the other freshman need to hone their game too. I agree about quick shots too, but if it is there, take it. IDK I'm under the opinion if they are good enough to be on he floor, take the open look. I guess it all depends on the depends on the defense they are against. Sooo, that about as much as I can ride the fence.
            Generally speaking,when a lot of quick shots are taken, many times there is no chance to get a rebound, that's a downside I suppose. The Frost crowd can really get fired up when we hit the boards and get O-boards, they appreciate the effort. Sure is nice when they make those shots though.
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-22-2018, 04:17 AM. Reason: fixed wording to clear up any misapprehensions

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              A lot of quick shots are taken with no chance to get a rebound, that's a downside I suppose. The crowd can really get fired up with O-boards, they appreciate the effort. Sure is nice when they make those shots though.
              There was no crowd to speak of. They hardly impacted the game.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Edited my post to clear up any misapprehension anyone had of what I meant , my fault.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I'm not saying your wrong. But, if 2335 people don't amount to much(listed attendance), that really makes the attendance at most games at Frost really pathetic.

Comment

I'm not saying your wrong. But, if 2335 people don't amount to much(listed attendance), that really makes the attendance at most games at Frost really pathetic.
                    I never go by listed attendance. Most schools count tickets sold as part of their listed attendance. I think Oral Roberts has about 1000+ more tickets sold than butts in the seats. Is Wyoming the same way?

On the other hand, SDSU's football playoff crowds are some of the better crowds even though they are 1/3 of some of the regular season crowds so the Wyoming crowd still could have been fired up and made a difference.

Comment

[QUOTE=98Jackfarmer;340179]I'm not saying your wrong. But, if 2335 people don't amount to much(listed attendance), that really makes the attendance at most games at Frost really pathetic. [/QUOTE

2300 in an arena that seats 11,000, might not sound as loud as Frost, which has about 5000 capacity

Comment

Working...
                      X