Otzelberger Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otzelberger Extension

TJ got an extension. Is anyone able to find out numbers? He’s getting $350k now. I’m sure he got a little bump in pay. Did his buyout go up? Down? It bothers me we can’t see these numbers. I want to know Stig’s contract too.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Re: Otzelberger Extension

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    TJ got an extension. Is anyone able to find out numbers? He’s getting $350k now. I’m sure he got a little bump in pay. Did his buyout go up? Down? It bothers me we can’t see these numbers. I want to know Stig’s contract too.
    probably will have to wait for state employee salary website to be updated.

https://open.sd.gov/employees.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      This is Zimmer's job. He should have this out there before any of us ask.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        This is Zimmer's job. He should have this out there before any of us ask.
        Unless the school asked that he not tweet it out until the school is ready. Perhaps in exchange for access to other SDSU athletic information?
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Unless the school asked that he not tweet it out until the school is ready. Perhaps in exchange for access to other SDSU athletic information?
          No way. We should have Stig’s info by now. He’ll need to request the contract info correct? I always assumed it’s public record and everyone can see it.

Also, did he ask for more money for assistants?
          Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Great job by Justin Sell in being proactive with both Otz and Stig. They were in the stage of their current contracts where opposing coaches may have been starting to raise doubts with recruits about if our coaches would still be around for their four years in college - Stig because of potential retirement, and Otz moving on to a higher level. It was almost a necessity to do this, and Sell got the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Great job by Justin Sell in being proactive with both Otz and Stig. They were in the stage of their current contracts where opposing coaches may have been starting to raise doubts with recruits about if our coaches would still be around for their four years in college - Stig because of potential retirement, and Otz moving on to a higher level. It was almost a necessity to do this, and Sell got the job done.
              The important part of the contract will be how much the buyout will be for atleast one.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                The duration of Otz's contract means next to nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Correct.

Comment

For you curious folks. Here is the website where you can search all state employee salaries. https://open.sd.gov/employees.aspx
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      This is true. However, it does send a clear message to the people who are paying attention that SDSU is serious about maintaining a strong coaching staff in the basketball arena. Even if Otz is off to "greener" pastures, SDSU is looking for quality people.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                        This is true. However, it does send a clear message to the people who are paying attention that SDSU is serious about maintaining a strong coaching staff in the basketball arena. Even if Otz is off to "greener" pastures, SDSU is looking for quality people.
                        AND, it it will include buyout material... I'm assuming since this extension is a significant amount of time, the buyout would be fairly large, now.... meaning that Otz will likely be here a while, unless someone REALLY BIG becomes involved.

Comment

In theory, how long does this contract extend? I am not certain what the first contract was in terms of maturity.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            In theory, how long does this contract extend? I am not certain what the first contract was in terms of maturity.
                            Thru 2023 season.
                            https://gojacks.com/news/2018/12/18/...ough-2023.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              AND, it it will include buyout material... I'm assuming since this extension is a significant amount of time, the buyout would be fairly large, now.... meaning that Otz will likely be here a while, unless someone REALLY BIG becomes involved.
                              That's the important part. The buyout. When he leaves we at least get something.

The years can be 10 or 100, and Otz will still only be at SDSU until he gets a bigger better opportunity.

Comment

Working...
                              X