Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Otzelberger Extension

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    In theory, how long does this contract extend? I am not certain what the first contract was in terms of maturity.
    He is currently in year 3 of his first 3 year contract.

Comment

This whole contract extension really means nothing. It’s some good meaningless publicity for everyone involved. Casual fans are excited Because sell locked down otz for a longer term. But in reality we know there is no way OTz has a buyout that will cause others to look the other way.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
        This whole contract extension really means nothing. It’s some good meaningless publicity for everyone involved. Casual fans are excited Because sell locked down otz for a longer term. But in reality we know there is no way OTz has a buyout that will cause others to look the other way.
        We know. But we’d still like to see the numbers. How well does he stack up around the Summit keague, etc.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Great job by Justin Sell in being proactive with both Otz and Stig. They were in the stage of their current contracts where opposing coaches may have been starting to raise doubts with recruits about if our coaches would still be around for their four years in college - Stig because of potential retirement, and Otz moving on to a higher level. It was almost a necessity to do this, and Sell got the job done.
          I like Otz and want him to stay at SDSU. This will make his two contracts total 8 years. We should hopefully see wins in the NCAA tourney by then.
          If opposing coaches raise doubts about whether he will be around SDSU because of how many years left on a contract, do you have to renew his contract every 2 or 3 years? That way a player will know they will play for coach Otz. So far, Owen King and Jenkins Jr are the only players that he has recruited that did not redshirt. If he only has 3 years left on his deal, you have the year you sign, you will redshirt the second year and they will play one year before he leaves.
          I know that Otz has only been here 2 1/2 years and he doesn't have many of the players he recruited playing yet so there is a lot left (for me) to see but I hope things go well. Things have gone well so far other than not moving on in the NCAA tourney. I hope this deal gives him time to do that. If he does that and somebody want to pay SDSU to steal him away, that is a good thing.
          His 3 year deal was up and he needed a new contract so they had to get a deal done. If it was 3 years or 5 years didn't matter to me. I'm sure it makes him feel more secure. If SDSU can get one or two years bought out, why not?
          I am curious about the salary, too. It seems like the new coaches get big pay raises.
          Last edited by 91jack; 12-19-2018, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Hero sports interview with Otz:

https://www.spreaker.com/user/herosp...-motor-podcast

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Coach Otz came across in very humble manner. We got a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                Coach Otz came across in very humble manner. We got a winner.
                He will be speaking at the staters Luncheon on the 19th I think. I plan to be there.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                X